Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Things in this world that SUCK!

Options

Comments

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    In my former life I was a regional manager for a Fortune 500 company and my territory was Bangor to Buffalo and everything in between. My boss was in Marietta, and I had a dedicated office in the house. 

While it was nice to work from home for the most part, I did get irritated when the wife would get home from work and complain that I didn’t get enough laundry done. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • SandyHookEgger
    Options
    If any discontent around my job creeps in, I just remember pulling tobacco in my youth. Miserable, nasty sun up to sundown work. 
     In back woods Virginia where I’m from it’s referred to as “pulln bacca”.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    I work from home but not at home as I am out most of the day on sales calls, etc. 

I love it! I'm a 1099 so I start/stop when I want.

No morning/evening traffic hassles if I plan my day right.

Take the dog for a long walk, no problem.

Laundry, no problem.

My wife travels every week so I don't mind keeping up with a few household chores.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:
    Certainly she SUCKS!

I'm not getting anything done today....well, maybe one
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Ha I thought this was the food network lady Giada

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    CTMike said:
    In my former life I was a regional manager for a Fortune 500 company and my territory was Bangor to Buffalo and everything in between. My boss was in Marietta, and I had a dedicated office in the house. 

While it was nice to work from home for the most part, I did get irritated when the wife would get home from work and complain that I didn’t get enough laundry done. 
    I can’t do laundry (or I say I can’t) because we have peak electricity hours during the day in Ontario so it is actually more expensive to do it between 8 and 5. Of course with 4 boys we sometimes have to anyway but this is why there is always such a big pile of dirty clothes waiting in the laundry room. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    I have been working from home for about 15 years now. I don’t think I could go back to the old days of commuting by car, subway, and walking.  
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    gmac said:
    CTMike said:

I can’t do laundry (or I say I can’t) because we have peak electricity hours during the day in Ontario so it is actually more expensive to do it between 8 and 5. Of course with 4 boys we sometimes have to anyway but this is why there is always such a big pile of dirty clothes waiting in the laundry room. 
    You could always screw it up real bad....and then you would be off the hook. Guess its too late for that hugh?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    "Suck (insert name here), blow is just a figure of speech."
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Almost 12 years since I last reported to a cube. The challenges are real, but at least I don't have dogs to trip over.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I went from a job I loved that had a 3 hour round-trip commute to one I hate 2.2 miles from my house. Family life is better and I was able to go back to school, so it's a net-positive. I would love to work from home but I may just go back to floor nursing for a bit. At least I would be home 4 days per week.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Todays Suck is:

Fishin with bait

·         interrupts your drankin to bait the hook (more than once if they is a nibblin

·         take the fish off the hook if you happen to catch one.

·         Actually cast the line and risk getting it caught on something….leading to mo effort

·         When you catch them, you always run the risk of a fin stick

·         You got to clean the slimy crap out of the coolers or other holding vessels

·         You got to clean them rascals and prepare for cooking

·         If you fry them up, you got all that grease you must figure out what to do with

There are probably a few non suck things about it…..but that is for a different thread.

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options

·         If you fry them up, you got all that grease you must figure out what to do with

I have a solution to this one. Dump it in the nearest campfire.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Am Retoired!  Nutin s*cks anymoor!!~~
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    DMW said:

I have a solution to this one. Dump it in the nearest campfire.
    I heard that works!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Rascal said:

Taxes......pretty sure you still have to pay those.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • gmac
    Options
    Vacuums too. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Any hot dog without ketchup on it sucks.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Foghorn - you must be referring to the hot dog sandwich, not the true hot dog!  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Rascal said:

Taxes......pretty sure you still have to pay those.
    Awwww...
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options

People who hit your car and drive off before you can get any info suck. They suck hard!

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Foghorn - you must be referring to the hot dog sandwich, not the true hot dog!  
    All hot dogs.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Beets.  Beets suck.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Setting new temp records in Arizona truly sucks hard.

Phoenix 
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    @Foghorn, I 100% support your statement. Just wanted to go on record. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    there never seems to be enough beer in a twelve pack. ten dogs in a package and only 8 rolls per. pulling outa the iran deal, wait, that goes in the other thread =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    Options
    No wonder POTUS decided to give the Iran deal a pass-this ketchup on hot-dogs goes well with ketchup on his well-done steaks.  =)

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    1.  Brisket
    2.  Clumped up rub
    3.  Zaino
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• gmac
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Sorry man. Going opposite. Any hot dog with ketchup doesn’t work for me. Mustard, relish, onions...