Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Firewalk Spatch

Options
DoubleEgger
DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
edited May 2018 in Poultry
Spatched a Publix Greenwise yardbird this evening. Liberal coating of Jamaican Firewalk and a few sprinkles of cornstarch. Rockwood lump of course along with a few chunks of Rockwood hickory that I picked up at Butt Blast. 400 raised direct until 153F. 20 min rest.  Grilled up some zucchini Cen Tex style but added some granulated lemon. Mashed sweet potatoes to round out the meal. 

Thanks for looking. 

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Damn nice meal.  I really like Firewalk on chicken.  You should try 50/50 of Firewalk and Swamp Venom.   Nice heat.   

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Firewalk, most of the rest of my family seems to be wimps and Big Guy is the only one that agrees. That plate looks perfect.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Looks good Buddy. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Good looking meal Michael.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Damn nice cheekin there brother double. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Nailed that chix.  Great groceries right there.  Most eggcellent.  
    Edit:  Upon further clarity I noticed you halved the bird for consumption.  If I know that going in I will half before the cook as I am more attuned to the process early in the adult beverage game.  ;)  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Your zucchini stacking game is strong.  ;)

And firewalk FTW. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Fine dining there!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. Much appreciated. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Being an expert in chicken, I must say your dish is top tier. Great looking meal, and I really enjoy a spicy crust on the bird. Veggies look awesome too. Winner across the board.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Looks tasty! I'll have to pick up some firewalk, I'm always looking to try different jerk rubs etc... I've been using walkerswood for a while.
    LBGE
    AL
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    crushed it
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    edited May 2018
    Options
    One of my favorite DP rubs. It's been awhile since i've done a spatch. You've inspired me!
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    That looks like a fantastic meal!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va