Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yeti Caved. Gutless.

Options

Comments

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Probably good for competitors. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    Again see above. I’m very well aware it’s Star Trek.
    Yeah I figured as much, with your TWO degrees and all...

Yup.
    I'm always suspicious of people who tout all of their fancy degrees.  
    A degree in Econ is only  fancy in an Art History kind of way. 
    Ya those pesky Economics and Finance Degrees, what with helping keep companies profitable and all. Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe all it takes is a big set of manhood and an idea.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• GrillSgt
    Options
    Big diff between those two. YUGE
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Well that’s the Degrees I have so what now?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• GrillSgt
    Options
    At least you have a practical trade. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    Again see above. I’m very well aware it’s Star Trek.
    Yeah I figured as much, with your TWO degrees and all...

Yup.
    I'm always suspicious of people who tout all of their fancy degrees.  
    A degree in Econ is only  fancy in an Art History kind of way. 
    Ya those pesky Economics and Finance Degrees, what with helping keep companies profitable and all. Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe all it takes is a big set of manhood and an idea.
    Good for you.  It’s not everyone who has the opportunity to pursue degrees in those areas. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    You nerds are killing me
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    westernbbq said:POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS POISON

From a corporate perspective, never more true than today.  Stay apolitical and do business or risk alienating at least half your prospective clientele  And in this case, even more so.

Not that I needed another reason not to buy Yeti.   

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Our you could work in Supply Chain. Or Marketing. Or Advertising
    Or lawn care, long haul trucking, genital technician, or just marry a rich person. =)
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Our you could work in Supply Chain. Or Marketing. Or Advertising
    Or lawn care, long haul trucking, genital technician, or just marry a rich person. =)
    All true. Those are all things you can do with my education.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I’m constantly amazed at how perturbed random people on the interwebz get by other random people on the interwebz. 

Where do y’all get the time?!?!?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    caliking said:
    I’m constantly amazed at how perturbed random people on the interwebz get by other random people on the interwebz. 

Better than a friggin lump thread.  Cool yer jets.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    Before everyone gets too worked up, does anyone know which the "a number of other organizations" are from the Yeti statement? Before throwing Yeti out with the bath water, I would be interested to know which other groups were potentially treated similarly. After that, I guess it depends whether you believe Yeti or the NRA, which may have a vested interest in politicizing an otherwise non-political decision made by Yeti -- again, based on who you want to believe.
    Stillwater, MN
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Hahaha. Priceless

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    caliking said:

You strike me as a man with no time for tomfoolery! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    caliking said:

Too busy raising pigs, slaughtering pigs, cooking pigs.  
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Heartbreaking watching the Yeti desecration.  Speechless.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    This thread certainly got hit with some jet fuel tonight (or NOLA’s fire oil). I couldn’t pull the trigger on the prices for YETI either pre or post NRA support. I do remember some douche on here giving all RTIC buyers crap about buying them when they came on the market w/ their aggressive pricing model.  Anyone remember that guy? I’d love to hear from him on this thread. 
    Now the my pillow guy....that’s someone I could support for sure!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,189
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Are you devastated? 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Yeti being ashamed? This is the same foundation that also trained Nikolas Cruz on how to get the most out of his weapon in both a youth program and educational program. You can't make this stuff up

Yes you *can* make this stuff up, and the rag newspaper you read did make it up.

Cruz was a member of the JROTC, which is funded by the US Army.  The school he attended applied for and happily accepted a grant from the NRA to assist with the JROTC program.  So why didn't the headline read "The US Army trained shooter" or "High school trained shooter"???? It wasn't an NRA instructor or syllabus....it was the Army.

So do you want to get rid of the JROTC and/or NRA marksmanship / safety training?

I'm a NRA instructor, range safety officer, and a CCW instructor for the states of MO and IL.  In order to get a permit in either state your have to be trained by a state approved and NRA certified instructor (meaning you went through a lot of training, background checks, spent a chunk of money doing it).  I know you dont like ccw, but wouldn't you rather have qualified people like myself teaching it?  

I understood it to be an after school program which was funded by the NRA, separate from ROTC, which also taught other students, not affiliated with ROTC. This was what I had read, and also had an ATF agent explain it to me.

He, like you, is a NRA supporter.

I will say it again, I am not an NRA fan, and will not be, until they become more active in finding solutions for curtailing the senseless slaughter of people by the use of firearms. They are the most powerful lobby in DC, therefore, the world. They need to up their game.

If they will recognize the issue at hand, and become more involved in passing legislation, demanding technology, and quit fighting any and all legislation (child gun locks as an example) that makes sense for safety, and stop proclaiming the end of the second ammendment, then I will give them credit.

I appreciate your passion, and think the world of you, but sometimes, people can't see the forest for the trees.

I do appreciate your work in the field. No complaints about that. I will never complain about any firearm training, no matter where it comes from.

But, come on man, to just keep claiming crazy people kill innocent people, so protect your guns, is not the answer to a problem we have here.

Nor will it ever. Either the NRA steps up their responsibility, not to just those that make them, but, also to all of those killed by them, or something worse will be inevitable.

It is time for the NRA to step it up.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    thetrim said:

Now the my pillow guy....

Now that is one creepy dude.

Phoenix 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    caliking said:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/e12c3f70-1904-4146-a8cf-ce3d7711e2bd
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Are you devastated? 
    No.  Only constipated.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I’ve learned a very valuable lesson here today. The internet is the worst invention in the history of mankind. Because everyone myself included is the smartest guy in any room. 
    You may be the smartest guy.

I agree, politics and business does not provide the most advantageous landscape for business.

I still purchased Yeti, when they did support the NRA. I just feel better about them now.
    Did you actually know that they supported the NRA when you made your purchase? 
    Sure I did. I liked the product and still do. Just a lot better now.  :)
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    Are you devastated? 
    No.  Only constipated.
    You need some grapes. We had some set out Saturday night. But based on how many were left Sunday morning, you didn't partake. That reminds me, I need to pick up some more grapes tomorrow...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    Are you devastated? 
    No.  Only constipated.
    My plumbers been on speed dial since I got back from NC
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    Options
    NRA life member.  Got a problem with that?  Here we go.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,189
    Options
    Everyone keeps saying the NRA is so powerful yet they aren’t on the list of top donors. The medical field is the big boy in Washington 

https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/top.php?indexType=s