Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RIP. R Lee Ermey

He will be missed.

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    I was at a urinal next to him at SHOT Show years ago.  Not the place to introduce myself or try to shake hands unfortunately.  He booked it outta there to get back to the Glock booth, and the line was a mile long.  Never got to meet him, but everybody that did spoke the world of his charisma.  Tall guy too....they made him look short in FMJ.

Funny role for him in Saving Silverman......played Jason Biggs & Jack Black's crazy football coach.  Love that movie. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I just saw this and was gonna post it.   Sad to see another great one pass on!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    He will be missed. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791

He was simply great in FMJ. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tenpenny_05
    tenpenny_05 Posts: 286
    You have three seconds, exactly three sucking seconds, to wipe that stupid looking grin off your face, or I will gouge out your eyes and skull-duck you!!!
    RIP Gunny
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Second hand Medium BGE, Second hand Black Kamado Joe Classic, Second hand Weber Kettle, Second hand Weber Smokey Mountain
  • Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    One of a kind.  You don’t see acting like this anymore, people get offended if you look at them wrong nowadays.  
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Hoster05 said:
    One of a kind.  You don’t see acting like this anymore, people get offended if you look at them wrong nowadays.  
    Acting has never been better, nowadays
    edited April 2018
    He was GREAT in FMJ!  I always liked his Geico ad.

https://youtu.be/XfmVBmDKLZI

Flint, Michigan
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    He was not even cast in the movie, he was there to advise. They gave him a chance in front of the camera, and he rocked it. They kept him, and sent the other guy home.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    YukonRon said:
    He was not even cast in the movie, he was there to advise. They gave him a chance in front of the camera, and he rocked it. They kept him, and sent the other guy home.
    And he was unscripted. A genuine performance. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Zeiger88
    Zeiger88 Posts: 171
    This his him at the NRA convention in Indy 2014. He will be missed greatly.
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    YukonRon said:
    And he was unscripted. A genuine performance. 
    I did not know either of these things.  That is definitely impressive.

FMJ has got to be one of the more prominent anti-war movies ever made.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2018
    "Only steers and queers come from Texas Private Cowboy.  And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kind of narrows it down."  RIP 
    https://youtu.be/qKFuc8CdvoA
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."