Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Very sad day, indeed RIP Little Steven (from Stike)

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    Fellows, I’m getting ready to go overseas. With that said, if any kind of fund is set up for Little Steven or his family, would someone (doesn’t matter who) with an iPhone send me a message. I can only get messages from an iPhone and your iMessages has to be enabled. 
    I would like to donate/contribute in any way that I can. Text the details to:
    228-627-5400 or email me at:
    scottieghorton@gmail.com
    Thanks in advance.  
    Very good of you brother. We all know how benevolent you are and this cause is at the top.  So, not making B.B.?
    Not going to happen brother Brent. I fly to Tampico Monday. From Tampico out to the Solitare by chopper on Tuesday. 
    We’ll miss you Scottie and regale in stories of how you are a mythical creature only known by seamen. ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    Fellows, I’m getting ready to go overseas. With that said, if any kind of fund is set up for Little Steven or his family, would someone (doesn’t matter who) with an iPhone send me a message. I can only get messages from an iPhone and your iMessages has to be enabled. 
    I would like to donate/contribute in any way that I can. Text the details to:
    228-627-5400 or email me at:
    scottieghorton@gmail.com
    Thanks in advance.  
    Very good of you brother. We all know how benevolent you are and this cause is at the top.  So, not making B.B.?
    Not going to happen brother Brent. I fly to Tampico Monday. From Tampico out to the Solitare by chopper on Tuesday. 
    Unacceptable.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    One more I found particularly funny based on our mutual, builders grade granite.  Wish I’d met him.  Funny guy.

• Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    Thanks Fred
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • bgebrent
    21 beer salute from BB18 ahead.
  • caliking said:
    I've been gloomy about this all week. Was filling SWMBO in on what happened, and caliprince (4yo) overheard me. 

"What happened to your friend?"
    "He died. He was a good friend. And he cooked really well too."
    "Even barbecue?"
    "Yes, even barbecue. He's with (grandma) now. We can't see him, but he's with us."
    "Oh. So he's camouflaged. Like (grandma)."
    "That's right. He's camouflaged."
    That salado fest was the best and the beginning of the end of the old school Salado fest. I have the egg to prove it. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • bgebrent
    There will be a tribute to that amazing Canadian Egger at B.B.  He is gone now, camouflaged yet always here.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    caliking said:
    I've been gloomy about this all week. Was filling SWMBO in on what happened, and caliprince (4yo) overheard me. 

"Even barbecue?"
    "Yes, even barbecue. He's with (grandma) now. We can't see him, but he's with us."
    That salado fest was the best and the beginning of the end of the old school Salado fest. I have the egg to prove it. 
    That fest that I missed and only read about on the forum was what made me determined to make the next one. Met lots of good peeps, and some unscrupulous ones as well. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    Made me laugh!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    caliking said:

"Even barbecue?"
    caliprince threw a mini-fit a few weeks ago because he wanted to go to the "eggfest in Salado".

Told him it was cancelled. 

"WHY?!?!?"

That's what I keep asking...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • I never met the guy, but I am genuinely saddened by his passing. My gut tells me that the world could use a lot more more Little Stevens. Maybe then we could reach a tipping point where we all got along.

Godspeed.
    Gittin' there...
  • DMW said:
    caliking said:

"Even barbecue?"
    That fest that I missed and only read about on the forum was what made me determined to make the next one. Met lots of good peeps, and some unscrupulous ones as well. 
    Actually- that one was the beginning of the end. I
    thought Steven was there but you are right, it was the year after. That afterparty...holy crap 

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
      You sure that's a raccoon?  Looks more like little steven to me. 
      I have been called a raccoon before on my raids on other peoples beer coolers at fests.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    edited April 2018
    Apologize in advance for the hi-jack but @SGH- is Solitare the island you bought will all that off-shore bonus $$?  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    lousubcap said:
    Apologize in advance for the hi-jack but @SGH- is Solitare the island you bought will all that off-shore bonus $$?  =)
    I wish. Unfortunately it’s a lay ship.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    It was through a couple of my egg friends I found out the sad news.  Tell me it ain't so.  

I grew up on the old greenegger forum to which Steven was a megacontributor.  We always looked forward to his posts and the replies his posts generated. Could he ever stir the pot with his erudite wit and mischievous humor. I would laugh so hard I would cry at some of those old posts.  His posts taught all of us so much about cooking / egging. 

I was so lucky to have met Little Steven at many eggfests.  He was always the life of the party.   It seemed everyone tried to enlist Steven to be on their competition team.  Who wouldn't want an ace in their pocket? He could cook anything.  Fortune shined on me when LS drew my name for the secret elf exchange.  I received a huge box of Canadian goodies which took about two years to use up.  

The only thing I hated about Steven was his making everything look so easy!  I suppose if you're that talented, everything is easy.  His talent was commensurate with his personal generosity which is legend.

I will miss the maestro and those good ole days.  
    Hi Rebecca: I think of you so often, not just when I make coffee. I miss the pictures of your beautiful food presentations! 

It's sad that Steve's passing is what brought this contact again. He was the most generous and funny guy.
    Judy in San Diego
  • I’ve followed the forum(s) for over a decade. Rarely post but read often. Little Steven has graced my Egg with many a fantastic treat.  RIP Egg Man.. 
  • There is likely an Eggfest going on in heaven this night.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Thanks for sharing pics of the memorial service, @Canugghead .

Good to see that full details of the luggage chicken recipe were shared. :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • A strong Egghead presence is quite appropriate.  Thank you guys for being there and sharing.
    Flint, Michigan