Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ButtBlast 2018

Options

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I haven’t seen Wellers in a good while. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Any of you Texas fellers @caliking @The Cen-Tex Smoker able to score a bottle of Weller 12 y/o for me and bring it to B.B.? I hear they can’t give the stuff away down in your neck of the woods, and as mentioned I’d gladly pay a premium for a bottle or two. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Any of you Texas fellers @caliking @The Cen-Tex Smoker able to score a bottle of Weller 12 y/o for me and bring it to B.B.? I hear they can’t give the stuff away down in your neck of the woods, and as mentioned I’d gladly pay a premium for a bottle or two. 
    More than happy to take a look in my usual haunts. No premium necessary. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CTMike
    Options
    caliking said:
    CTMike said:
    Thanks, I appreciate it. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    What do you get when you cross human DNA with goat DNA?

Kicked out of the petting zoo.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Where's the knuckle?!
    Your situation improving? Not excuses will be accepted....see you next Friday.
    Unfortunately not improving.  I need a weekend at BB more than you can imagine.  I have every intention of going as of right now.  In the next week I need Water Works to replace the valve at the curb, my plumber do the repairs in my house, and the delivery guys install and setup the fridge.  Very unlikely that any two of these things happen on the same day.  So it's looking like I'll need these dominoes to start falling in short order or need a Butt Blast miracle! 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    That was a great one @SmokeyPitt
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Heading to the Frazier Museum tonight to start off the Derby Party Season.

They are hosting the Kentucky Bourbon party tonight, and it is one of the most difficult tickets to score. 

A buddy called me up and said he had an extra ticket, because his wife is working late, and asked me if I wanted to go.

Duh.

I am only going to see if I can find the right bourbon for the slushies at BBIII. 

So I am sacrificing my evening for my brothers and sisters of the Butt Blast III. I hope you have an appreciation for all my efforts.

I will advise on how it works out.
    Don't screw up the slushies with some damn fancy Bourbon!!!!!!!!!!! Us regular Thunder Buddy types just like Bourbon...........

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• bgebrent
    Options
    caliking said:
    CTMike said:
    Double down here if you find it brother.
  • bgebrent
    Options

Kicked out of the petting zoo.

That however, is after the fact...
  • Stubby
    Stubby Posts: 134
    Options
    I may have to check this out. 
    XL.......for now

Kernersville, NC
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Stubby said:
    I may have to check this out. 
    Come on by. It really is a great time. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @CTMike I’m in Fort Worth this weekend.  I’ll keep an eye out for it.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited April 2018
    Options
    For those who have been on the edge of your seats with anticipation.....green peanuts are now available. We gonna be ballin some up!
    Cocked off a couple of lbs last night for QA purposes. The were account. Will be getting a bushel on Thursday. Farts for you all!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • CTMike
    Options
    thetrim said:
    @CTMike I’m in Fort Worth this weekend.  I’ll keep an eye out for it.  
    Thank you

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Cocked off a couple of lbs last night for QA purposes. The were account. Will be getting a bushel on Thursday. Farts for you all!
    I am not even ashamed about how excited I am to have a mouthful of your nuts, Robin. 
    Drag Henry down here with you. I hear he is claiming he has to unpack. I been in my house almost 12 years and still have some boxes I haven't unpacked (tho not many). I am doing ball peanuts just for him. I will not be a happy camper if he stays the way of putting his feet up and simply reading about it. Lets go @Possumtrot

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Just checked on Weller 12 yo. This close to Derby, it is gone within Louisville city limits and about 20 miles in every direction. I will try to get over to Frankfort, at Buffalo Trace, to see if they have any versions ñon their shelves to sell.
    I am not optimistic. Current prices are around $50.00/750 ml bottle, if it is to be had.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Your not gonna find it Ron, but if you do you have my number.
  • CTMike
    Options
    @YukonRon,

I appreciate you looking, and am certainly willing to pay that price if you find some. 

Thanks

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    Options

bgebrent said:
    Get in line Mister, I seem to recall you jumped on my coattails when I asked about someone scoring a bottle.  :)

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    CTMike said:

bgebrent said:
    Get in line Mister, I seem to recall you jumped on my coattails when I asked about someone scoring a bottle.  :)
    Fiesty are you?
  • CTMike
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Feeling a little froggy after having to drink two bottles of Suprep last night and undergoing a procedure @caliking is very familiar with this morning. Surprisingly fitting considering the title of this thread. 

The effects of the Versed and Fentanyl are just wearing off. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Feeling a little froggy after having to drink two bottles of Suprep last night and undergoing a procedure @caliking is very familiar with this morning. Surprisingly fitting considering the title of this thread. 

Just don’t “end” up like Robin.
  • CTMike
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    CTMike said:

Just don’t “end” up like Robin.
     B) Got the all clear, good for 10 years - thank goodness. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    You bet. I will buy all I can find, if I can find any.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    I sent an Email to Mark Brown CEO of Buffalo Trace. I have asked for his help in finding any available. I will let you know what transpires.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Just received an Email back from Mark. He is hooking me up with the manager of the facility, Brendon Dunn, here in Kentucky. Hopefully he can help us out.
    Will let you know when I know.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    edited April 2018
    Options
    CTMike said:

bgebrent said:
    Ha Mike....go easy on Brent. He is a little fragial you no. =)  On another note....Party (wif) had the ol procedure today herself. Been having a little fun with her. She been fartin up a storm.