Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ButtBlast 2018

Options

Comments

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Longest. Work Week. Ever. 
    12 hours today, 10 tomorrow. Taking vacation for Wednesday and Thursday - hitting the road Wednesday at midnight, expect to arrive around 4 PM Thursday.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    I took a quick look just in case any of this Weller stuff was available in Ontario. It’s listed as a product but not available. 
    Sorry. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    DMW said:
    If I were to say, bring a new griddle to this event, would it be possible to have someone season it for me?
    I’m sure we can find an honorable way to christen it.
    @dmw consider it done. Will you have a chance to sand the surface of it before the weekend? No biggie if you can't. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    Options
    PSA! Kay and I have just made a reservation for Thursday at BB 3 site 24 then Friday and Saturday site 25. So please look us up if you get there Thursday.
    Howdy neighbor! We'll be at site 26.

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    DMW said:
    If I were to say, bring a new griddle to this event, would it be possible to have someone season it for me?
    Bring it on!  I'll season it for you.  What size do you have?  

What are you trying to say @Jeremiah:i_dunno:
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    caliking said:
    DMW said:
    @dmw consider it done. Will you have a chance to sand the surface of it before the weekend? No biggie if you can't. 
    I've seen some use some fine steel wool first then season and then some that sand it, steel wool, and then season it.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    DMW said:

Just giving you crap.  =)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    caliking said:
    PSA! Kay and I have just made a reservation for Thursday at BB 3 site 24 then Friday and Saturday site 25. So please look us up if you get there Thursday.
    @caliking We'll be at 23, looking forward to meeting you!
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    CTMike said:
    CTMike said:
    bgebrent said:
    =)@CTMike, is your cooker big enough?
    I’m pretty sure it will fit:

You seem confident Mike. 
    That was pulled pork and brisket for 800, this year they told us we need to plan for 1,000 people. 
    Better start now! =)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    DMW said:

Next I have shirts and Firewires to hand out! 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    DMW said:

Next I have shirts and Firewires to hand out! 
    Hahahahahaa
  • caliking
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    caliking said:
    @caliking We'll be at 23, looking forward to meeting you!
    Likewise ! :)

• caliking
    Options
    caliking said:
    DMW said:
    I've seen some use some fine steel wool first then season and then some that sand it, steel wool, and then season it.  
    Not an expert, and my n=2 (my own BS28 and a friend's). Sanded it down a bit until it felt smoother than when I started. Then wiped on some Crisco a few times. Cooked some bacon on it. And cooked some more. 

In hindsight, I should have probably just used grapeseed oil from the begining. Seems to work really well for my CI and BS now.

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    caliking said:
    caliking said:
    DMW said:
    Not an expert, and my n=2 (my own BS28 and a friend's). Sanded it down a bit until it felt smoother than when I started. Then wiped on some Crisco a few times. Cooked some bacon on it. And cooked some more. 

In hindsight, I should have probably just used grapeseed oil from the begining. Seems to work really well for my CI and BS now.
    I'm redneck, I just used canola oil.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    It's pronounced "awl"
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    caliking said:
    Howdy back at ya looking forward to meeting youins, look out for that wild guy at site 23!!!!!

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Jupiter Jim
    Options
    PSA for those of you bringing an RV dump your tanks on the way in as no sites have sewer hookup.

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Jupiter Jim
    Options
    Roll call for anyone arriving Thursday?

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Ok Ladies and Gentlemen,

Kitty just called. Cabin 2 (my cabin) has bed bugs. She can't rent it and has to fumigate. (I feel like this was a 'shots fired' prank by @CTMike and @lousubcap...well played.)

It was going to host me, @thetrim, and one of his buddies. (3 total) 

So, @The_Stache has 1 extra bed in his cabin. I'm also driving up my Expedition and it can sleep one with an air mattress. But at minimum we are short one sleeping location. Kitty is looking for a campsite now. 

We are down to crunch time now so any and all ideas are welcome. 

@thetrim I PM’d you but give me a call when you see this. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    @YEMTrey I told her I would help her burn the cabin down. 

It was a hard pass. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• CTMike
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Roll call for anyone arriving Thursday?
    We will be arriving around 3 - 4 PM if all goes well. Cabin 1, assuming those bedbugs haven't migrated.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Ok Ladies and Gentlemen,

Kitty just called. Cabin 2 (my cabin) has bed bugs. She can't rent it and has to fumigate. (I feel like this was a 'shots fired' prank by @CTMike and @lousubcap...well played.)

So, @The_Stache has 1 extra bed in his cabin. I'm also driving up my Expedition and it can sleep one with an air mattress. But at minimum we are short one sleeping location. Kitty is looking for a campsite now. 

As funny as that would be, I wouldn't do that to someone I haven't met in person. Otherwise all bets are off.

To solve the problem, have @thetrim and his buddy spoon in your Expedition, and you take the extra bunk in @The_Stache's cabin.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Well that sucks Adam.  That’s the cabin @nolaegghead stayed in last year.  Coincidence?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

To solve the problem, have @thetrim and his buddy spoon in your Expedition, and you take the extra bunk in @The_Stache's cabin.
    @CTMike and miss out on that action ? No way!

bgebrent said:
    Well that sucks Adam.  That’s the cabin @nolaegghead stayed in last year.  Coincidence?
    @bgebrent (shutters). I have been scratching since she called. 

South of Nashville, TN

• g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    @thetrim and @JohnInCarolina could stay together. I’m sure John wouldn’t mind. I mean you both seem to really like each other. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,220
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Ok Ladies and Gentlemen,

I’ve got a camp site reserved over by the group. I’m not using it so you can have it free of charge. I don’t remember what number it is. PM me if I need to call the lady. #noexcuses
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,033
    edited April 2018
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    @thetrim and @JohnInCarolina could stay together. I’m sure John wouldn’t mind. I mean you both seem to really like each other. 
    Haha.  You’d be surprised.  We’ve hung out before, at Brisket Camp a few years ago.  Beer is the great peacemaker.  Brew and Q.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options
    Ok Ladies and Gentlemen,

What a revolting development this is! When we called to see if our site was open for Thursday night Kitty said yes and we reserved it, paid for it. About 60 seconds after I hung up the phone rings and it's Kitty apologizing that she made a mistake and our site was reserved for Thursday night! Also that she was having a rough morning. Told her no problem is there another site for Thursday and she said yes so we just booked it and will move Friday. I would think bedbugs in a cabin would make for a rough morning! I was going to let your friend bunk with us as we have a King size bed but KayNOcook said Hell NO sorry. Oh wait she just said how cute is he and how much $$$$$$ does he have? I kind of know her after almost 29 years and I think no matter how cute or the $$$$$$ it's not going to happen.

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    John's pretty harmless and like almost all libs, his heart screams, "MAGA".  We'll get it worked out. I have a tent lying around that I can happily bring.  I was also going to suggest making some chili Friday night, and we can do our own organic fumigation that will send any and all bugs scurrying out of there!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95