Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Very sad day, indeed RIP Little Steven (from Stike)

Options

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    Options
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Very sad to read this.
    Thanks for sharing the news and it's nice to read the memories of those who knew Steven over the years. 
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    Very sad seeing this. I always enjoyed his posts. 

My condolences to all who are grieving.
  • Chef Charles
    Options
    Cannughead alerted me to the news this morning.  I have not been on the forum for some time but I just had to post in honour of Little Steven.  He was a huge help when I first became an egghead and was someone I always looked up to.  This is a tragic loss to the egghead community and I extend my sympathies to his family.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Very sad indeed.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    Very sad news. I never had the opportunity to meet the man, or any of you for that matter. He was always one who I would have liked to meet though at a gathering.  
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    AFAIK, pioneer of upside down chicken ...
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/899828/upside-down-chicken

Sending Prayers to Stike...and the rest the clan

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    In between bouts of sadness I have caught myself with a wry smile On my face this morning as I remembered all the hyjinx he was involved in. All the private messages or texts stirring the pot behind the scenes when someone was taking themselves too seriously on here. I hate to think that life took some of that joyful skampiness toward the end.  I don’t know that it did but the messages stopped a while back and his presence on here faded and now this. 

One of my fave Little Steven escapades: he had a thing for Dr. BBQ for some reason. Just rubbed him the wrong way. I think it was because he felt like Ray was big-timing people at an eggfest which is so Little Steven. If Steve thought you were taking yourself too seriously, look out. Anyway, Nola had just come in to our little world and we were all piling on Guy Fieri’s now famous NYT review of his restaurant. Ray actually popped on to defend Guy as someone he knew and someone who is really a good dude. I assume that to be true even though I’m not a fan of his tv persona. Anyhow, Steven jumped into action and was furiously texting me and Nola scheming up a way to poke fun at them both. Nola dug up a couple of
    pictures of ray and guy basically wearing the same flame emblazoned chef coats with the arms crossed looking all badass and photoshopped them back to back. Ray was pissed, Steven was howling behind the scenes while getting someone else to do the dirty work. Perfect Steven

miss you already pal. 
    "Sniff"

that would be the one.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    In between bouts of sadness I have caught myself with a wry smile On my face this morning as I remembered all the hyjinx he was involved in. All the private messages or texts stirring the pot behind the scenes when someone was taking themselves too seriously on here. I hate to think that life took some of that joyful skampiness toward the end.  I don’t know that it did but the messages stopped a while back and his presence on here faded and now this. 

One of my fave Little Steven escapades: he had a thing for Dr. BBQ for some reason. Just rubbed him the wrong way. I think it was because he felt like Ray was big-timing people at an eggfest which is so Little Steven. If Steve thought you were taking yourself too seriously, look out. Anyway, Nola had just come in to our little world and we were all piling on Guy Fieri’s now famous NYT review of his restaurant. Ray actually popped on to defend Guy as someone he knew and someone who is really a good dude. I assume that to be true even though I’m not a fan of his tv persona. Anyhow, Steven jumped into action and was furiously texting me and Nola scheming up a way to poke fun at them both. Nola dug up a couple of
    pictures of ray and guy basically wearing the same flame emblazoned chef coats with the arms crossed looking all badass and photoshopped them back to back. Ray was pissed, Steven was howling behind the scenes while getting someone else to do the dirty work. Perfect Steven

miss you already pal. 
    "Sniff"

that would be the one.
    I thought Guy was in the flame coat as well but this was several years ago. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Just found this in my messages from 2014 talking about a feud on the old forum: (names removed to protect the innocent)

"Yeah, it's hanging on a thread over there. Lots of good folk but some total **** too. We always tried to give XXXX an aneurysm. Guy is wound tighter than a banjo string"

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options
    Sad. RIP.  Always enjoyed his posts from this and the other forum going way back...
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• abtaylor260
    abtaylor260 Posts: 242
    Options
    so sorry for the loss....
  • Double Bogey
    Options
    Words can not be found to adequately express the loss of such a terrific person. I consider Steve to have been a good friend and one of the most caring individuals I encountered while attending many eggfests in the early years. Without "Little Steven" I guess "FlaPoolman" will become the egghead munchkin. Rest in peace Steve and may God bless your wonderful family.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    RRP said:
    Remember when Little Steven got us hooked on that Italian crack called La Bomba Hot Antipasto Spread? Then it came to light it was essentially unavailable in the US? He sent me this "care" package.

Another time I had said I couldn't find any of the real cool bamboo skewers he had shown in a picture. That was years ago and I bet I still have a couple pounds of them that he sent!

Yes, Steven was a great guy! He will be missed...
    Steven sent me some La Bomba as well. I know I sill have at least one bottle tucked away for a rainy day. He's probably looking down laughing at us getting all mushy and sentimental!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    Just found this in my messages from 2014 talking about a feud on the old forum: (names removed to protect the innocent)

"Yeah, it's hanging on a thread over there. Lots of good folk but some total **** too. We always tried to give XXXX an aneurysm. Guy is wound tighter than a banjo string"

i aint saying who i think it is, but some funny times =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Picked up my SS Pizza Hut prep table. Knew Steven had his customized with marble etc. Hit him up so many times but, more so just to BS.  
    At one point we were discussing circumference of CNC precision penetration... now that I read that it sounds a little dirty :lol:
    He proceeds to tell me the diameter and correlation to egg height... Followed by I've had a few beers so let me hit you up tomorrow. I'm pretty sure if he wasn't in the Frozen North he would have walked over to my house here in Florida and mapped it out using a Sharpie. Helluva a guy!  
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    His posts were always VERY good. We're lesser without them.

Thanks for the note, Cen-Tex via Stike.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    edited April 2018
    Options
    He measured and cut out the hole for my Small years ago. Thanks again Steve.

Shame on me for losing touch with him last couple of years. I have had the privilege of cooking with him at Toronto and Niagara fests several times. Miss you buddy.

canuckland
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    I never met him but after reading all these posts, I wish I had. Sounds like he was just one all around helluva guy. 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • SoCal_Griller
    Options
    Only knew him form the forum.  Enjoyed his posts.  RIP little Steven.
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    Options
    Just heard from @Canugghead.  Totally gutted by this news.  One of a kind Steven was.  Met him at the Toronto Eggfest years ago and it was like I knew him forever.  A mischievous fellow but all in good fun.  Raising a few tins to my eggfest drinking pal tonight.  Rest in Peace LittleSteven.  

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• pab
    pab Posts: 273
    Options
    When I joined the forum back in 2011 Little Steven and Stike's back and forths were a source of great amusement for me. I never had the opportunity to meet him but really wish that I had. You will be missed Steven.
    Nerk Ahia LBGE
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    Met him and his wife once at Toronto Eggfest.  Even while crazy busy cooking (when not having a beverage with surrounding cooks) we had a couple good chats.  He used to go fishing in my neghbourhood.  Quite often I would drive through Caledon, his home town on the way to the highway and thought I wish I knew him better.  One thing while reading this tribute thread to him that amazes me is how well travelled he was.  Seems he went to just about every Eggfest around.  What a guy indeed!!  Rest In Peace LS.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Miss a lot of the guys there were regulars on here when I first joined. The constant small jokes about LS, VI’s vespa cracks, Mickey’s awesome charcoal wings, Stikes sense of humor- good times

and who can forget Rub my Rock...

thanks CT for the heads up- tough to hear about LS and i feel for his poor wife. Can’t imagine what she is facing. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Although I never met him I felt I knew him. Such a likable guy and always cracking jokes at his own expense. You will be missed by so many more than you ever imagined. May your family and friends find the comfort and support they deserve. I’m sure you will soon be cooking a great meal with your son. Rest In Peace.

Centex and stike, thank you for getting this message out to the community. It’s quite obvious the great man he truly was. 
    Snellville, GA