Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bring back the home button.

Comments

• I second that. 

Little Rock, AR

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Must be a desktop version thing... 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Nope. Mobile.  Used to be at the bottom with the post button. Now have to scroll all the way back up to hit back or home. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Nope. Mobile.  Used to be at the bottom with the post button. Now have to scroll all the way back up to hit back or home. 
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen that on my I phone 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,868
    On my iPhone, scrolling to the top is a matter of clicking on the time at the top of my display.  In other words, scrolling really ain't that hard.  

But I'm all for bringing a button back if it helps out other folks who are more technologically impaired...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • theyolksonyou
    On my iPhone, scrolling to the top is a matter of clicking on the time at the top of my display.  In other words, scrolling really ain't that hard.  

But I'm all for bringing a button back if it helps out other folks who are more technologically impaired...
    True, but why should I have to click twice when before I only had to click once?  It's not a matter of can't, it's a matter of convenience. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164

True, but why should I have to click twice when before I only had to click once?  It's not a matter of can't, it's a matter of convenience. 
    Good point Bitterman!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnInCarolina

I don’t know man, I’m not in charge around here.  Try calling the mods aholes, see if that gets a response.
  • Nope. Mobile.  Used to be at the bottom with the post button. Now have to scroll all the way back up to hit back or home. 

Now you’re stepping on my toes jackass.......

Little Rock, AR

• theyolksonyou

I don’t know man, I’m not in charge around here.  Try calling the mods aholes, see if that gets a response.
    Thanks for the protip!  I'll give it a shot. 
  • You’re not a real “Egger” unless your thumb has arthritis. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    I rather enjoy the Disclaimer button.  Powered by Vanilla.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Bring it back. Really a pain! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Technology and airports. Winning Georgia style.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Legume said:
    Technology and airports. Winning Georgia style.
    Don’t dis my hometown airport.  Might cause words...
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Hit the time at the top of the page. 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    damn.  i thought i was losing my mind.... probably still am, but good to know i wasn't nuts about losing the home button.  maybe it got banned?
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • theyolksonyou
    GrillSgt said:
    Hit the time at the top of the page. 
    Perhaps reading isn't your strongsuit 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    That is all. 
    I like home buttons so much I just bought 2 iPhone 8+ instead of the X. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    edited April 2018
    @theyolksonyou
    I don’t know if it works on all devices, but you can swipe the screen from left to right on my new iPhone 8+ and it will take you back to the home screen on the forum. I still prefer the home button on the bottom though over the swipe feature.  
    I actually discovered the swipe feature by accident. But it works every time. Just got to get use to remembering to swipe. And it even refreshes like the old home button did.  
    Edit: You have to put you thumb all the way left. I grab where the screen meets the case. A short swipe doesn’t work or it works sporadically. A full left to right swipe works every time. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    bud812 said:
    I wish I could hit the “like” button a trillion times =)

Status- Standing by.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    SGH said:
    @theyolksonyou
    I don’t know if it works on all devices, but you can swipe the screen from left to right on my new iPhone 8+ and it will take you back to the home screen on the forum. I still prefer the home button on the bottom though over the swipe feature.  
    I actually discovered the swipe feature by accident. But it works every time. Just got to get use to remembering to swipe. And it even refreshes like the old home button did.  
    Edit: You have to put you thumb all the way left. I grab where the screen meets the case. A short swipe doesn’t work or it works sporadically. A full left to right swipe works every time. 
    Thanks, I have an 8+ also and this is quicker. I wish Apple would go back to operates manual for all of these fancy new functions. Now fess up! A 5 year old showed you that right?
  • SGH
    edited April 2018
    SGH said:
    @theyolksonyou
    Thanks, I have an 8+ also and this is quicker. I wish Apple would go back to operates manual for all of these fancy new functions. Now fess up! A 5 year old showed you that right?
    Actually I’m not use to this big screen. Been using a 5s for 5 years, give or take a little either way. Trying to reach across the large screen I accidentally swiped right. When I did I noticed that I returned home so I started messing with it. Total accident. 

Status- Standing by.

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354

Scrolling to the top of the thread isn’t the same as going to home but it helps  :|
    Jacksonville FL
  • theyolksonyou
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    @theyolksonyou
    Actually I’m not use to this big screen. Been using a 5s for 5 years, give or take a little either way. Trying to reach across the large screen I accidentally swiped right. When I did I noticed that I returned home so I started messing with it. Total accident. 
    He learned this on tinder. Or grinder. 
  • SGH said:
    bud812 said:
    I wish I could hit the “like” button a trillion times =)
    You’re damn lucky the “like” button didnt go the way of the “home” button. 

Little Rock, AR

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    What home button?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• JohnInCarolina
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    @theyolksonyou
    He learned this on tinder. Or grinder. 
    Analer.