Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Bring back the home button.

theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 17,073
That is all. 
Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. My wings either. 

Comments

• I second that. 

Little Rock, AR

• DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 13,517
    Must be a desktop version thing... 
  • theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 17,073
    Nope. Mobile.  Used to be at the bottom with the post button. Now have to scroll all the way back up to hit back or home. 
    One sorry Labrador

• DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 13,517
    Nope. Mobile.  Used to be at the bottom with the post button. Now have to scroll all the way back up to hit back or home. 
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen that on my I phone 
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 12,834
    On my iPhone, scrolling to the top is a matter of clicking on the time at the top of my display.  In other words, scrolling really ain't that hard.  

But I'm all for bringing a button back if it helps out other folks who are more technologically impaired...
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

On my iPhone, scrolling to the top is a matter of clicking on the time at the top of my display.  In other words, scrolling really ain't that hard.  

But I'm all for bringing a button back if it helps out other folks who are more technologically impaired...
    True, but why should I have to click twice when before I only had to click once?  It's not a matter of can't, it's a matter of convenience. 
    One sorry Labrador

• northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 11,270

True, but why should I have to click twice when before I only had to click once?  It's not a matter of can't, it's a matter of convenience. 
    Good point Bitterman!
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”

I don’t know man, I’m not in charge around here.  Try calling the mods aholes, see if that gets a response.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

• Nope. Mobile.  Used to be at the bottom with the post button. Now have to scroll all the way back up to hit back or home. 

Now you’re stepping on my toes jackass.......

Little Rock, AR

I don’t know man, I’m not in charge around here.  Try calling the mods aholes, see if that gets a response.
    Thanks for the protip!  I'll give it a shot. 
    One sorry Labrador

• You’re not a real “Egger” unless your thumb has arthritis. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 17,481
    I rather enjoy the Disclaimer button.  Powered by Vanilla.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 6,179
    Bring it back. Really a pain! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 8,777
    Technology and airports. Winning Georgia style.
    Austin, TX
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 17,481
    Legume said:
    Technology and airports. Winning Georgia style.
    Don’t dis my hometown airport.  Might cause words...
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • GrillSgtGrillSgt Posts: 2,248
    Hit the time at the top of the page. 
    Woodford & Barren Co. KY

LBGE, XLBGE, Smobot, 2 Weber Genesis, Weber 22" kettle

I’d kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

• blind99blind99 Posts: 4,345
    damn.  i thought i was losing my mind.... probably still am, but good to know i wasn't nuts about losing the home button.  maybe it got banned?
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
    GrillSgt said:
    Hit the time at the top of the page. 
    Perhaps reading isn't your strongsuit 
    One sorry Labrador

• SGHSGH Posts: 25,172
    That is all. 
    I like home buttons so much I just bought 2 iPhone 8+ instead of the X. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
    edited April 8
    @theyolksonyou
    I don’t know if it works on all devices, but you can swipe the screen from left to right on my new iPhone 8+ and it will take you back to the home screen on the forum. I still prefer the home button on the bottom though over the swipe feature.  
    I actually discovered the swipe feature by accident. But it works every time. Just got to get use to remembering to swipe. And it even refreshes like the old home button did.  
    Edit: You have to put you thumb all the way left. I grab where the screen meets the case. A short swipe doesn’t work or it works sporadically. A full left to right swipe works every time. 

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
    bud812 said:
    I wish I could hit the “like” button a trillion times =)

Status- Standing by.

• GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 1,949
    SGH said:
    @theyolksonyou
    I don’t know if it works on all devices, but you can swipe the screen from left to right on my new iPhone 8+ and it will take you back to the home screen on the forum. I still prefer the home button on the bottom though over the swipe feature.  
    I actually discovered the swipe feature by accident. But it works every time. Just got to get use to remembering to swipe. And it even refreshes like the old home button did.  
    Edit: You have to put you thumb all the way left. I grab where the screen meets the case. A short swipe doesn’t work or it works sporadically. A full left to right swipe works every time. 
    Thanks, I have an 8+ also and this is quicker. I wish Apple would go back to operates manual for all of these fancy new functions. Now fess up! A 5 year old showed you that right?
    edited April 8
    SGH said:
    @theyolksonyou
    Thanks, I have an 8+ also and this is quicker. I wish Apple would go back to operates manual for all of these fancy new functions. Now fess up! A 5 year old showed you that right?
    Actually I’m not use to this big screen. Been using a 5s for 5 years, give or take a little either way. Trying to reach across the large screen I accidentally swiped right. When I did I noticed that I returned home so I started messing with it. Total accident. 

Status- Standing by.

• DobieDobie Posts: 2,584

Scrolling to the top of the thread isn’t the same as going to home but it helps  :|
    Not playing well with others in Jacksonville FL
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    @theyolksonyou
    Actually I’m not use to this big screen. Been using a 5s for 5 years, give or take a little either way. Trying to reach across the large screen I accidentally swiped right. When I did I noticed that I returned home so I started messing with it. Total accident. 
    He learned this on tinder. Or grinder. 
    One sorry Labrador

• SGH said:
    bud812 said:
    I wish I could hit the “like” button a trillion times =)
    You’re damn lucky the “like” button didnt go the way of the “home” button. 

Little Rock, AR

• Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 13,472
    What home button?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!

…Unknown

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

SGH said:
    SGH said:
    @theyolksonyou
    He learned this on tinder. Or grinder. 
    Analer.