Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oh, what a glorious day...(pics galore)

Comments

• It's always great to cook for people who appreciate your effort and imagination.  You always go the extra yard for them. Especially for family .Great job @caliking
    South Buffalo, New York
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    Outstanding as usual Ashish, love the spread. I used to have occasionally luck opening lump bag like that but can't remember the last time I didn't settle for ripped bag  :)

canuckland
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    I read the whole thread and enjoyed every post.  Great work and even better looking food.  I agree that days like this are memorable.  " Remember the day we went to Uncle....."

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited April 2018
    @caliking
    As great as it all looks, you had me at gravy my friend.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• @SGH. Love the new seal of approval .
    South Buffalo, New York
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

This thread is an example of why I spend time here. 

Everything looks terrific, and great commentary - thanks for posting.

Phoenix 
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Just WOW
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    You got two Shazamms and one @SGH seal of approval.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    You lost me at brussels sprouts....

Any leftovers available?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited April 2018

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Incredible looking family spread! Sour dough looks awesome, my family likes it when the crust has attitude. 

@AlbertaEgger somehow I think Rockwood and Maple Leaf must use a similar sewing machine (or whatever it is called) to seal their bags. The two bags of Rockwood I have been able to get opened just like as described, and that’s how Maple leaf opens.   
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @GATraveller - There are different methods/machines for stitching bags like that, so the same method doesn't work on all bags. 

And if I have a knife in my hand, I already know how I'm getting that bag open :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    You lost me at brussels sprouts....

Any leftovers available?
    Yep. Should be eating some for lunch today.

• caliking
    Outstanding as usual Ashish, love the spread. I used to have occasionally luck opening lump bag like that but can't remember the last time I didn't settle for ripped bag  :)

Thanks, Gary. And been there myself many a time!

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    caliking said:
    @GATraveller - There are different methods/machines for stitching bags like that, so the same method doesn't work on all bags. 

And if I have a knife in my hand, I already know how I'm getting that bag open :)
    I know this method works on Rockwood bag.  I know this because I have to watch the video every single freaking time I want to open the bag without a knife.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Fantastic! 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    That's a great spread!  Well done!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • caliking
    Thanks, fellas. 

Cooking for family and watching them scarf it down with gusto is a very special reward.  

• Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    edited April 2018
    Gee, I wish you were MY uncle.
    Judy in San Diego
  • caliking
    Gee, I wish you were MY uncle.
    I know you're no slacker, so I consider that high praise :) These kids have been quite spoiled as far as being provided with good eats goes. 

It's good to see you here again. We (at least, I) miss you. 

• blind99
    Mrs blind wants your Mac and cheese recipe. And a lesson in sourdough bread making. 
  • Gburner
    Gburner Posts: 13
    Funny out of all of that amazingness the thing that I was like "Heck ya man" was that you opened the perfect bag of Rockwood.  Deft skills my friend, and great looking grub.  
    BGE XL, Kick Ash Basket (NEW!!), Smokeware SS Cap, Flameboss 300 for S&L, BGE Lump & Fogo Lump Lover, Husker, Big Green Egging and Golf Fanatic.  Egging is an addictive hobby.
  • caliking
    Gburner said:
    Funny out of all of that amazingness the thing that I was like "Heck ya man" was that you opened the perfect bag of Rockwood.  Deft skills my friend, and great looking grub.  
    Sometimes it’s the little things that set the right tone for the day :) 

• frognot
    frognot Posts: 103
    I ain't mad at that at all!
    Allen, Texas          LBGE, Orange Thermapen (fastest and easiest to find)

• blind99
    Awesome! thanks for the recipe.  I foresee good eats in my future.
  • caliking
    edited April 2018
    blind99 said:
    Awesome! thanks for the recipe.  I foresee good eats in my future.
      You're very welcome.  It can be tweaked a bunch of different ways, depending on what your family likes. 

The best Mac n cheese I've had, and that I miss fondly, was served in the Rush cafeteria on wing day (Thursdays).

• tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    Caliking,what a wonderful post and the comments that followed surely show the quality of folks here. It's all about family.
    At this exact moment I am sitting at a small cafe here in Paris France enjoying watching the crowds near the Eiffel Tower. No BS here...The  waiter just looked over my shoulder ...And proclaimed as he saw your pictures  ...some French phrase that I suspect meant WOW.... ! maybe it was holy crap I ain't sure.... He ...and I are very impressed. All the the best to you and family.

Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • caliking
    Thanks for the kind words and wishes , @tml1230. Hope you're having a great trip with great eats :) Spring is a great time to be in Paris. 

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Great cook for the family...Yum!!!!
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx