Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PassEastOver — A Lamb Love Story. With Alcohol

Options
Multi-family, multi-denominational spring celebration today in The 302. Great weather for boneless leg of lamb, large format ales, and Cabernet. 

Happy Rites of Spring, Y’all!

It's a 302 thing . . .

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    With a title like that, I had to look. So glad it did. Nice food and drink right there  
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    Yep.  Quite a day.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great day and the lamb, damn.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,486
    Options
    Lamb, damn, Thank you ma'am!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    You had me at the Allagash.  The rest looks good, too.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Great cook-lamb for the win every time.  Congrats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JNDATHP
    JNDATHP Posts: 461
    Options
    I’d tear into that! Unfortunately my better half is not fond of lamb.
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Looks great! 
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    :plus_one:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Devine food and drink. Beautiful cook, fab cab. Thank you for sharing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Ended up a bit over-served yesterday, which prolly contributed to the thread title. Those ales are strong.  And the "good" holiday wine flowed like . . . wine.  Lamb leftovers tonight.  And maybe even a deviled egg or 2.  Ale and wine?  Hmmm.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Looks amazing. I'm doing a Leg of Lamb this weekend. Brother-in-law brought home a bone-in leg of lamb "shank end". Not super thrilled with the "shank end" but we'll see how it turns out. 

Probably won't serve it with a Cab though... probably a Rhone of some sort. 

Need more pics of tall blond. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Looks WONDERFUL!
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Awesome post and cook...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Mmmm, some nice blackening on the surface, but sweet pink inside. Good work.
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    We love lamb! And deviled eggs. Are those Blue Lake beans? Yum! Ynette loves Allagash, I'm not a beg beer or ale drinker. But I have NEVER had anything from Howell Mountain that wasn't great! Looks like you did a wonderful job.

I had some friends over a while back and I cooked some racks of lamb. One of the guys told me he didn't like lamb. But after he tried one, he ended up taking some home. Lamb on the Egg is heaven.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Had a little apprehension to open this when I saw Lamb Love Story.  Looks like some good times there...love Howell Mountain Wines...always nice, bold, & well structured.

Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen