Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Trying to develop affirmative action programs at our establishment as required by the rules and regulations of the Secretary of Labor (41 CFR 60-1 and 60-2).  So anyone with HR experience wants to help a brother out...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    just got the power back from last weeks storm an uptah 22 inches on the way =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Every so often I'm sure we all get those e-mails about your lost inheritance etc.  Today was a first for me as the e-mail "came from" Rex Tillerson, Secretary of State.  Gotta admit that with the name recognition I did give the contents a look.  Too bad I will pass on this windfall, yet again.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    lousubcap said:
    Every so often I'm sure we all get those e-mails about your lost inheritance etc.  Today was a first for me as the e-mail "came from" Rex Tillerson, Secretary of State.  Gotta admit that with the name recognition I did give the contents a look.  Too bad I will pass on this windfall, yet again.  
    The Trump Virus unleashed.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    I love how youth sports aka our kids' youth sports brings out the worst in adults.  It's actually pretty disgusting/troubling, but it cracks me up at the same time.  (This was a post I intended to send this weekend, but...)
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    thetrim said:
    I love how youth sports aka our kids' youth sports brings out the worst in adults.  It's actually pretty disgusting/troubling, but it cracks me up at the same time.  (This was a post I intended to send this weekend, but...)
    True. So very, very true.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    22 inches on the way =)
    Aren't you the optimist :grin:

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Botch said:
    I don't watch much TV. I try to catch CBS's "Sixty Minutes" on Sundays; if its a rerun or something I know will piss me off, I sometimes end up watching a cartoon on Faux called "Bob's Burgers". It's kinda in the vein of The Simpsons or South Park, really odd and unexpected humor, and sometimes has me rolling on the floor.
    Anyone else watch this? Tonight they had about a dozen "guest cartoonists" who each did separate "scenes" of the show in their own cartoon style, and it was surreal. I missed the first ten minutes or so of the show, so if there was a reason for doing this, I missed it.  
    Any fans here?
    Bob’s burgers is an awesome show. I usually dont catch them live but will definitely watch this one on demand tonight 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    thetrim said:
    The back biting and conniving that goes on during the off season of competitive baseball amazes me.  Trying to get this kid or that.  All for weekend tournies with no pay for anyone but the umps and organizers.  
  • thetrim
    thetrim said:
    The back biting and conniving that goes on during the off season of competitive baseball amazes me.  Trying to get this kid or that.  All for weekend tournies with no pay for anyone but the umps and organizers.  

Baseball might be the worst.  My son played travel baseball for several years.  I recently found a few emails that I sent to a club President that I wasn't proud of, but I did get some humor out of a few years later.  Currently my son is wrapping up a soccer season, and it's hilarious (and actually pretty disappointing) to see how many parents (who don't know the sport) are more of an expert than the ref or the coach.  In the end, like you say, the result on the field doesn't matter, but it still disturbs me and cracks me up at the same time! 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    thetrim said:
    One of my coworkers could not be happier that her kids gave up baseball... Mostly for this reason exactly.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    I suspect it is the same with all travel teams regardless of sport.  I can say that behavior was definitely at play with competitive soccer (and in my youth I did play the sport).  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    As a coach, I've had to call my parents and in laws out.  It's ridiculous. Just make them better young men who accept responsibility for their actions and work hard in whatever they do.  They're not going to go pro. (Most likely)

im fortunate to coach with two former college athletes. One of which made it to AA baseball.  They know the odds and the goal. 
  • theyolksonyou
    25 yrs ago we had 18" of snow and buildings were collapsing. If you look real close, we had a dusting on the "mountains" today. 

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I'm in a hotel in NJ because I had meetings in NJ today and scheduled for meetings in NJ tomorrow. As it were, snow is setting in tonight. With my luck, tomorrow's meetings will be cancelled and I'll just hang out at the hotel until the roads are decent to go home.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Marveling at this short 2:00 film.  Highly recommended for Musk/Bowie fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=112&v=A0FZIwabctw

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    DMW said:
    I'm in a hotel in NJ because I had meetings in NJ today and scheduled for meetings in NJ tomorrow. As it were, snow is setting in tonight. With my luck, tomorrow's meetings will be cancelled and I'll just hang out at the hotel until the roads are decent to go home.
    Do you have a folding chair?
    We are concerned.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    ColtsFan said:
    Mother Truckin' Cookies 

Yum....Infused?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    bucky925 said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Mother Truckin' Cookies 

Yum....Infused?

Hey hey hey... What kind of operation do you think I have going on over here. If you want the good shitz you gotta come to the back door... Code word: cookie monster... These are plain old chocolate chip
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Sea2Ski said:
    Just got back to the hotel from visiting @nolaegghead. What a guy he is, and what a place, garage, music, tool, beer making, cooking, brick, book, tong and cat collection he has. Great visit! 

Corrupted for life Mark, in the best way. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    Sea2Ski said:
    Just got back to the hotel from visiting @nolaegghead. What a guy he is, and what a place, garage, music, tool, beer making, cooking, brick, book, tong and cat collection he has. Great visit! 

Carrie is a must see New Orleans landmark/attraction!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @Sea2Ski and Valorie, the best people ever!
    Hahahaha...could it be "proof" that I am FOC?!  I mean, how could this be faked, Alex Jones?

edited March 2018
    Hahahaha...could it be "proof" that I am FOC?!  I mean, how could this be faked, Alex Jones?

Lol!  Interwebz never lie, but why do you leave me out of the fun group txts?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    22 inches on the way =)
    Aren't you the optimist :grin:

actually hoping for more, and one more next week.  i want a good snow melt for the next full moon, it really helps the smelt runs which feeds the big fish come summer and fall. sap moon is end of the month
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it