Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ceramic Grill Store

Options

Comments

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Is there a video of the woo? Still not sure how it works. 
  • Woodchunk
    Woodchunk Posts: 911
    Options
    Since you are a full service big green egg dealer will that let you sell your product for the eggs also once the egg products are on the shelf? On the surface it would seem like a huge conflict.
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    I haven't posted anything in more than a year here because of being flamed/bullied by a regular, I do check the site on a regular bases and wanted to share my support, all the best Tom!
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    I haven't posted anything in more than a year here because of being flamed/bullied by a regular, I do check the site on a regular bases and wanted to share my support, all the best Tom!
    Welcome back, Chuck! I wondered what happened to you. BTW do you ever run into my old neighbor, Rex Havens, on the circuit? He moved to TX and I've lost all track of him.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Welcome back.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    I too have my large full of CGS product. I stand by it and will continue to support your products. I constantly refer folks to you.  
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    Hey Ron, I have not heard anything of Rex in a couple years.
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • Markarm4119
    Markarm4119 Posts: 526
    Options
    Tom, got the PSWOO from you guys !
    Stay classy CGS !
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    edited March 2018
    Options

BGE should know...

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    An AR for my large is on my wish list.  I won't be buying any copy cats.  Only from CGS.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • GoBadgers1
    Options
    Love everything I've bought from CGS.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I know where to go when I need more accessories, great job with what you've done Tom and family. Keep at it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    Yes. It’s now on the bge Facebook video. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    caliking said:
    I wonder what their plan is for copying your above-and-beyond-level of service??

More than once, it’s been said on the forum “call Tom. He’ll set you up without trying to up-sell anything.” I’m hoping that your attention to the customer and your great products will put you up on top of all this. 
    @caliking I called Tom and he WOULD NOT upsell me despite my trying. I wanted more goodies and he recommended I learn the capabilities of the basic package and then order more when I knew what I needed. 

Great store, great service, great product. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    Yes. It’s now on the bge Facebook video. 
    Damn that’s funny. My exact thought when I saw the video. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @tjv You have my support. When I visited your store I received a warm welcome and great service. I like the products I am using. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    This should remain on top.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Rigs in a large and small, bought another small as a gift.
    Top tier products.
    Do what ya gotta do.
    Best of luck.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• distanceman
    distanceman Posts: 138
    Options
    Another vote of confidence for CGS and @tjv. Got a Woo, half moon heat deflectors and stainless drip pan for the XL. Love it. 

I think Kamado Joe already rips off most ideas, makes minor adjustments and calls it innovation...but the BGE version looked to be a carbon copy from CGS. It's a shame. 
    Located Middle GA

Current: XL w/ Woo & 17" Half Moon Plates, SMOBOT

RIP: Weber 22" Kettle, Slow 'n Sear, Akorn Jr., Pit Barrel Cooker
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    If this thread gets buffaloed we know it struck a chord. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    I am disgusted by the folks at BGE.  @YukonRon is absolutely correct they are thieves.  I do not own any CGS product yet; however I will now be ordering to support @tjv.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options
    I had been holding off ordering a PSWOO. Until this ****. Order placed. 
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    I will definitely be happy when I eventually break my platesetter and have an excuse to upgrade with CGS.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Woo and CGS stones in my three eggs, also the drip pans from them. I own one platesetter in my minimax because it was part of the deal, but still ordered Woo and stone.

Using my Woo/stone/drip pan in my XL right now for a pork shoulder.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • kweitz
    kweitz Posts: 305
    Options
    Will continue with CGS. Have all I need for my large. New MM to join the fray after DizzyFest. Will need more product from Tom. 

Charles Town, West-by-God Virginia

Sazco large Casa-Q

Large BGE

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    @tjv that should be fun selling those side by side with yours.  I know which I’ll continue to buy.

I’m here for the forum, not the color of the ceramic.  Almost bought a Primo but went green because I was advised more aftermarket accessories.