Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Holy COW — 30 day dry aged prime NYers (blackstone)

Options
greetings friends

dont even know where to begin. 

I just had an emotional experience with 30 day dry aged prime ny strip off the blackstone. 

I have a source. Price can’t be beat...

i shall never buy regular beef again...

Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• AppStateDDS
    AppStateDDS Posts: 100
    Options
    That’s a great looking meal!  I haven’t cooked on the BS yet, AND haven’t cooked a dry aged steak either.  I need to do this soon!  Wife and I will be at the restaurant this evening - prob see you there.  Stuart
    Stuart
    Burlington/Alamance County, NC
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    The flavor profile really is pretty special in my book.  Glad you have a source, as they’re expensive af to buy.  One of these days I’ll get around to making my own.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    DA beef is special.  Yore rare cook looks delicious.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Looks great from here
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Damn thats rare

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,143
    Options
    That’s a great looking meal!  I haven’t cooked on the BS yet, AND haven’t cooked a dry aged steak either.  I need to do this soon!  Wife and I will be at the restaurant this evening - prob see you there.  Stuart
    Off tonight for the duke slaughter. :( maybe next time brother!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Beefophiles live's shall never be complete until they are blessed with dry aged. That meal adds a couple notches to your cooking expertise. Great looking cook, beautiful family, Duke getting a beat down, perfect evening.
    Congratulations to you for providing your family the opportunity to enjoy such a wonderful experience with that meal.
    Peace.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,394
    Options
    Great result right there.  And fork placement for the definite win.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Thanks everyone! We’ll definitely be ordering more of these in!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Looking GREAT! Since you love dry aged beef why not age it at home? It is not hard to do. BTW though you never mentioned your "source". Mind doing that?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    RRP said:
    Looking GREAT! Since you love dry aged beef why not age it at home? It is not hard to do. BTW though you never mentioned your "source". Mind doing that?
    US Foods —- “Stockyard” is 30 day dry aged prime. They cut to order, how big and how many, no minimum. Individually vac packed and delivered the next delivery day. I get it through the restaurant where I work and the price is REALLY good. 

I, sadly, don’t have any room to dry age here at the house, brother. Girlfriend and her twelve year old daughter officially took over the fridge years ago. :) maybe once the man cave gets cleared out....

honestly, at this point, it’s cheaper for me to buy it from the restaurant, anyway. 

Large BGE and Medium BGE