Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New BGE products

Options

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Interesting...Kamado Joe ripped off the egg design and now BGE ripped off their divide and conquer rig design :).

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    The only innovative thing out of that video is the MiniMax stand. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Interesting...Kamado Joe ripped off the egg design and now BGE ripped off their divide and conquer rig design :).

KJ simply bootlegged the work of others. BGE has traditionally left these items to the aftermarket, but must be looking to capitalize on them internally. Little bad news for the vibrant aftermarket which is full of very engaged and hardworking eggers. I have mixed feelings personally. It’s prolly a win for the end user. 
  • pgprescott
    Options

WeberWho said:
    The only innovative thing out of that video is the MiniMax stand. 
    This is a riff off a competitors version as well. I really like it though. Makes it a better stand alone and is quite useful for mobile applications. 
  • Spillin
    Spillin Posts: 75
    Options
    Yeah it is terrible that they did that to CGS.. 
    LG BGE
    36" Blackstone
    Weber Genisis
    Cold IPA on tap!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    Looks like they’re getting roasted in the comments.  Copying is going to happen, but selling it like it’s a new idea their designer came up with is the sad part.  It’s derivative, just say that - people seem to want this kind of stuff, here’s our version.  
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    BGE - the Walmart big box raider of 'merica's small business. What's next? Private label Rockwood?

Little late to the game, I'm told.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3IHr_3cT6E
    New Albany, Ohio 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    edited March 2018
    Options
    the new M/M stand and carrier are cool.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Meh

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    BGE - the Walmart big box raider of 'merica's small business. What's next? Private label Rockwood?

Little late to the game, I'm told.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3IHr_3cT6E
    I think I had a mild seizure watching that. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    What's next? Private label Rockwood? 

Center-cut, no less!   ;)

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    I’ll probably buy it.
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    So the Woo isn't patented I take it? Cuz that's straight up ripped off. As for the devide and concur... cmon man! Next they'll have a smoke ware cap and ash basket. Posers. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    I like it, solidly built.  Stumped it took the stuffed shirts this long though.

Many configurations, raised iron, built in spider.

I too, feel bad for the third parties.  KAB, SW are next up on the chopping block.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Woodchunk
    Woodchunk Posts: 911
    Options
    After market comes home with a bang. Looks great.
  • Hans61
    Options
    I don’t think CGS should be all that worries, because these BGE versions will easily cost twice as much as their products.
    That was my next question, what these will cost
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    That cast-iron "umbrella" for the new top cap looks like it won't work in rain with any kind of wind (ie, any rain in most of the country) but I'll bet it doubles as a great smashburger tool!  :triumph:

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I've had a chance to use the divide and conquer system and as much as I like some of the improvements KJ have made to their cookers, the CGS adjustable rig is superior. 

I think BGE does have some catching up if they want to stay on top and appeal to the new buyers in the market though. I know the value of having a BGE but KJ is catching them and maybe beating them in the marketing department.
  • derka123
    derka123 Posts: 102
    Options
    lol where was this 'innovation' ten years ago!
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    I guess I have to wait and see ... Don't have/want a Facebook account and does not seem to be their site yet.

Nice that 'new' stuff is comming out, hopefully be available here soon.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Hans61
    Options
    KJ is catching them and maybe beating them in the marketing department.
    KJ is all over Instagram probably out posting BGE 2 to 1 or more
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hungry Joe
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I actually just watched the video, I agree it is a rip off of the woo.

I still think the adjustable rig has it's merits. 

I use both the adjustable rig and the woo with a mix of my own rigs. I have two LBGE's and ended up buying the rig and woo for both of them.
  • Woodchunk
    edited March 2018
    Options
    EggNorth said:
    I guess I have to wait and see ... Don't have/want a Facebook account and does not seem to be their site yet.

Just scroll up To the top and click on the Facebook link and then vids on the left. Don't have to be a member of fb to see
  • pgprescott
    Options
    derka123 said:
    I get it, but would point out there is an argument to be made that by leaving these “aftermarket “ products in the aftermarket, BGE has ingeniously fostered their cult like status further than they would have otherwise.  They have allowed very passionate eggers to innovate and bring their own great products to market either wittingly or not. It has increased the overall community passion for the BGE. Like I said earlier, I’m conflicted about the overall outcome. We shall see. New nest with built in handler is a winner for sure. 
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Woodchunk said:
    EggNorth said:

Just scroll up To the top and click on the Facebook link and then vids on the left. Don't have to be a member of fb to see
    That did the trick ... Thanks.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Woodchunk
    Options
    EggNorth said:
    Woodchunk said:
    EggNorth said:

That did the trick ... Thanks.
    YW
  • Hungry Joe
    Options
    derka123 said:
    I get it, but would point out there is an argument to be made that by leaving these “aftermarket “ products in the aftermarket, BGE has ingeniously fostered their cult like status further than they would have otherwise.  They have allowed very passionate eggers to innovate and bring their own great products to market either wittingly or not. It has increased the overall community passion for the BGE. Like I said earlier, I’m conflicted about the overall outcome. We shall see. New nest with built in handler is a winner for sure. 

20 years ago ceramic cookers were a cult like crowd. Today ceramic cookers are more mainstream then they have ever been. BGE needs to do something different then rest on their laurels because most mainstream folks don't fully understand what makes BGE so legendary, at least to folks who have been into it for so many years. 

I have to admit I am impressed with some of the things KJ have done as far as hinge and gaskets.