Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    prepping for paella, been a while since I went down this rabbit hole.  
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    @U_tarded - good for you.  Yes it's all about the front end but great groceries await.  Enjoy the cook and beyond.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    Made some vegetable soup today. Soup isn't my thing, but this turned out very good, probably my best ever other than my chili. I was inspired by @Carolina Q's post of this recipe many years ago (2013?) that I found in a search the other day. His looks a lot better, but this turned very good!

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/tuscan-vegetable-soup-recipe-1957503

Pic doesn't do the flavor justice.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    Watching my first NASCAR race in years and planning a trip to Phoenix next weekend to take the in-laws to Whataburger. 
    Whataburger is good, but Phoenix has better joints!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Just took these off.  The one on the right was a experiment.   I mixed bourbon, brown sugar, evoo and honey.  I will use that bourbon glaze on rigs, and salmon in the future. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Just took these off.  The one on the right was a experiment.   I mixed bourbon, brown sugar, evoo and honey.  I will use that bourbon glaze on rigs, and salmon in the future. 
    Oops?
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options

Gonna be a tough week. Got a review with the business unit CEO on Wed.  Not a pleasant event.  
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options

Gonna be a tough week. Got a review with the business unit CEO on Wed.  Not a pleasant event.  
    Ooof! Good luck. Hopefully it’ll be better than the buildup. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I just perused the website for my high school's 40th reunion, which happens this coming July.  It had a pic of the 50 or so who made it to the 30th (out of 778 graduates), (my invite arrived, crumpled, 3 weeks after the event, thanks USPS), and I could only recognize about 3 folks.  Now we're all 10 years even older.  Read thru the few posts on the sign-in log; then, sadly, the "Memorium" tab.  
    I'm feeling really weird right now.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

Get good and drunk the night before. You want to look and feel the best you can. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options

Get good and drunk the night before. You want to look and feel the best you can. 
    Need to be good and drunk during. Dude can be vicious 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options

Need to be good and drunk during. Dude can be vicious 
    I like your style. This is why we're friends. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Botch- PM sent.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Watching my first NASCAR race in years and planning a trip to Phoenix next weekend to take the in-laws to Whataburger. 
    Whataburger is good, but Phoenix has better joints!
    @Ozzie_Isaac No doubt. However, we got SWMBO's parents, life long Texans, to move to Las Vegas with us. The two things they miss are Whataburger and Blue Bell ice cream. Kinda feel like I owe them a trip down and get both. Not gonna lie, I miss the Blue Bell too. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Oops?
    ROFL....yep oops

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Battleborn - gotta admit I had no clue about the Texas and Blue Bell hard-over connection til I road-tripped thru for brisket nirvana.  Visited some friends (in Texas) during the road-trip and they commented on the fixation with Blue Bell.  It is good but I miss Austin brisket (Valentinas, Franklin's, La Barbeque) a whole lot more.  To each their own.  FWIW-
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options

Came out out pretty good.  Soccarat (sp?) got a smidge over. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Battleborn - gotta admit I had no clue about the Texas and Blue Bell hard-over connection til I road-tripped thru for brisket nirvana.  Visited some friends (in Texas) during the road-trip and they commented on the fixation with Blue Bell.  It is good but I miss Austin brisket (Valentinas, Franklin's, La Barbeque) a whole lot more.  To each their own.  FWIW-
    Totally agree, but it it the everyday things they miss the most. We did take some amazing day trips to the Hill Country just for that brisket while we were there. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Nicely done. I need to make another paella soon. This makes me hungry. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Weekend update:  replaced 2 GFCI outlets, upgraded the cable modem to DOCSIS 3.1, washed SWMBO SUV, found a place where I can do a quick and dirty wash on my car for $3. Cooked every day, cleaned up the egg table, cooking area outside, ordered a Roccbox, went though some bins of brisket camp gear, tested the new (to me) fridge and its only hitting 40F.  Thoroughly confused a bunch of eggheads in an elaborate ruse, polished off a bottle of Evans, watered the plants, ready to start a new week.

Options
    Weekend update:  replaced 2 GFCI outlets, upgraded the cable modem to DOCSIS 3.1, washed SWMBO SUV, found a place where I can do a quick and dirty wash on my car for $3. Cooked every day, cleaned up the egg table, cooking area outside, ordered a Roccbox, went though some bins of brisket camp gear, tested the new (to me) fridge and its only hitting 40F.  Thoroughly confused a bunch of eggheads in an elaborate ruse, polished off a bottle of Evans, watered the plants, ready to start a new week.

Do you really water plants in NO?  I think you are messing with us.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    We don't  zero scape.  We man scape.
    Options
    Watching the mainline head to the bottom of the Gulf. What else would would I be doing at 1:00am in the morning ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I can think of a few things, but glad to see you productive, brother.
    Options

Options
    Wait a minute! That sherry James and fly over country were really Nola??? Oh man! What a great elaborate scheme! Wow! That was both clever and oh so funny! Wow! Really had folks confused. I don’t know how he does it and keeps his own personality from shining through the troll accounts sooooo well. Bravo! 
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    SGH said:
    Watching the mainline head to the bottom of the Gulf. What else would would I be doing at 1:00am in the morning ;)

When else would 1 a.m. be?   B)
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    fun weekend with the storm, 45 minute detour getting to the camp. went to check on the family beach house and the basements full of seaweed. betting thats not good for the boiler and hot water tank, no flood insurance there. maybe head up again when it dries out
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Wait a minute! That sherry James and fly over country were really Nola??? Oh man! What a great elaborate scheme! Wow! That was both clever and oh so funny! Wow! Really had folks confused. I don’t know how he does it and keeps his own personality from shining through the troll accounts sooooo well. Bravo! 
    Maybe they are, maybe they aren't.  You have the free will to believe whatever you want, numb-nuts.  Fortunately for me, I can spread discord without doing any work, thanks to the gullible.  Thank you.