Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ham

Options
Legume
Legume Posts: 14,615
edited February 2018 in EggHead Forum
@The Cen-Tex Smoker

is this what it’s supposed to look like?

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Mother of God
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Magnificent.
    NOLA
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Looks delicious 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Dang!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    Wow! 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Wow.  Very nice brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Where you at? That looks incredible. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Looks great but probably smells even better
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • jimdgreat1
    jimdgreat1 Posts: 175
    Options
    :o

XLBGE - LBGE - Charbroil gasgrill

Wichita Kansas

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Legume said:
    Jamon Iberico, unbelievable how melty it was.  I’m in Madrid for work and I have probably been ruined for serrano ham and prosciutto.  Every damn meal here is incredible.
    I had the privilege of getting some Iberico ham a couple years ago and you are absolutely right. Starts melting in your hand and the walnut flavor is amazing.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^Al Of The Above^^^^^^^^
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited March 2018
    Options
    This is my favorite post ever.

Legume
    said:
    Jamon Iberico, unbelievable how melty it was.  I’m in Madrid for work and I have probably been ruined for serrano ham and prosciutto.  Every damn meal here is incredible.
    The wine is spectacular there as well. I am a country ham snob from Kentucky, but those pictures on this post are as delicious as anything I have ever seen in my life.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    we are roughly 9 months from cracking open our first one. Can't wait to see how we did. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Legume said:
    wow!
  • Legume
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    This is my favorite post ever.

Legume
    said:
    The wine is spectacular there as well. I am a country ham snob from Kentucky, but those pictures on this post are as delicious as anything I have ever seen in my life.
    The wine has been great Ron.  I have not paid attention to what they’ve been pouring, most every meal has been planned by our hosts and it has all been great.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    One of the best kept secrets, in the world, is Spanish wines.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    All I can say is "that's impressive." @Legume Your pictures are great.  Thanks for sharing.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I’m not sure they’re all that big a secret.  
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Comment based on pricing versus quality. Some of the best values are less than $10.00, and are equal to or better than $40.00+ wines from anywhere else.
    May not be a secret, but to those I have introduced them to, they had no idea. Maybe I hang with idiots. Need to up my game.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    Comment based on pricing versus quality. Some of the best values are less than $10.00, and are equal to or better than $40.00+ wines from anywhere else.
    May not be a secret, but to those I have introduced them to, they had no idea. Maybe I hang with idiots. Need to up my game.
    Gotcha.  I don’t think they’re as well appreciated as French or Italian wines, or even California.  But I’ve had some of the best wines I’ve ever tasted in Barcelona.
  • Legume
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @YukonRon no need to get political here. Please take your divisive political comments to a roccbox thread, or any other dime a dozen topic.  

I’m really trying to go all the way with this thread, I think Spanish cured pork has a real chance to challenge the what are you doing thread.  We’re already closing in on the boiled brisket thread.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    Gotcha.  I don’t think they’re as well appreciated as French or Italian wines, or even California.  But I’ve had some of the best wines I’ve ever tasted in Barcelona.
    Totally agree. Hemingway always spoke of the unexpected quality, and frequently mentioned them in a couple of his works, as a journalist, before he deciced to move on.
    Each time I visit Barcelona, I always ask; "Why don't I live here." Amazing country in an amazing region of the world. I need to get my Beautiful Wife there, soon. She also would love it.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Legume said:
    @YukonRon no need to get political here. Please take your divisive political comments to a roccbox thread, or any other dime a dozen topic.  

I’m really trying to go all the way with this thread, I think Spanish cured pork has a real chance to challenge the what are you doing thread.  We’re already closing in on the boiled brisket thread.
    Since the deal with this thread has been explained, I shall not hinder its organic growth to number one.

Again for the 1000th time, apologies to all that were offended.

Thanks for watching out for me. I can mess up an anvil, it seems.

I just like ham.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    Wow!

Yeah, Spain will spoil you. I fell in love with the coffee there. 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    Options
    I have a Jamon in a jamon holder in my kitchen currently.  Been slicing on it since Christmas.  Fell in love with jamon on a bunch of trips to Spain and it's just recently become easier to procure a whole leg here in the US.  Love the stuff and makes a very dramatic presentation.
    Dallas (University Park), Texas