Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @NPHuskerFL Where's that sexy cast iron?

It's all sexy :lol:
    But, I'm guessing you're referring to my 12" Finex skillet?  I decided to use this one because my wife is going to prep a dish and I wanted to get a little deeper color on this one after refinishing it sometime ago.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    At the CPA's office doing taxes. Bought one house and sold two last year, little worried how this is gonna go here...
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    I love being semi-retired (semi-unemployed?) and able to do stuff like this on a Thursday.  BTW...down 14 pounds in a month using MyFitnessPal...that thing works!

Signal Mountain, TN
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @NPHuskerFL Where's that sexy cast iron?

It's all sexy :lol:
    But, I'm guessing you're referring to my 12" Finex skillet?  I decided to use this one because my wife is going to prep a dish and I wanted to get a little deeper color on this one after refinishing it sometime ago.

Yes. That Finex skillet is pretty cool. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    I love being semi-retired (semi-unemployed?) and able to do stuff like this on a Thursday.  BTW...down 14 pounds in a month using MyFitnessPal...that thing works!

My wife lost 50 pounds using My Fitness Pal
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I'm getting that app tonight!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Can't wait to see the after,Blake @NPHuskerFL
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • g8golfer
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I'm getting that app tonight!
    It works. The key is counting calorie intake. My wife never works out or exercises and she lost weight. I was shocked. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Can't wait to see the after,Blake @NPHuskerFL
    Just pulled outta the egg.

Decided to make a salad also.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    That looks delicious dookie.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Off early!

Love the onion ring on the hang.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • g8golfer
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina can you give us a review? 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    @JohnInCarolina can you give us a review? 
    Review is that it’s by far the best pizza I’ve ever made myself.  But I also have a lot to learn.  I’m looking forward to lots of practice!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    Options
    So if I drink 17 bud lights, and I don’t enter them into the app, will I gain weight or not? 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    So if I drink 17 bud lights, and I don’t enter them into the app, will I gain weight or not? 
    I think it’s worth running the experiment to find out.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Isn't light beer just a few steps up from water? It's got to be healthy! =)  
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    thetrim said:
    It’s practically V-8
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,093
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    thetrim said:
    Its actually equivalent to a workout.  Its negative calories.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    thetrim said:
    I made a similar comment during the super bowl. 

That Budweiser commercial showing the entire operation switching over to water for disaster relief efforts.  The biggest change was the label.  A small tweak to the  recipe and bam! Water.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL

What did you do with the taters post cook?   I have have been cooking chickens above a pan of diced potatoes and garlic,  then mashing them in the kitchen aid with some butter and milk for whipped potatoes. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • bgebrent
    Options
    @northGAcock, happy weekend brother.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL That chicken looks wonderful. Is the bird sitting on the CI or on a bed of onions or something?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • northGAcock
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Tanks....gonna catch up brother @piney. I’ll be in his neck of the Woods....pun intended.

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Tanks....gonna catch up brother @piney. I’ll be in his neck of the Woods....pun intended.
    He will be looked after! I've got a few places I really want to show him
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Give Gary n Sandy our best.  Best host gift you can bring is a case of ML and a mess of liver mush.  
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    Give Gary n Sandy our best.  Best host gift you can bring is a case of ML and a mess of liver mush.  
    Or maybe a compatible liver for transplant. Just a thought. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,093
    Options
    Enjoying one of my favorite snacks ....

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • northGAcock
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    They don’t sell Miller Lite here.  ;)