Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    @YukonRon that's awesome. Lol

Yeah, as it turns out, she is bred to be a nocturnal herd watcher.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Lit said:
    Checking out my rents new toy. My dad had been wanting a 62 for a long time.
    Very nice
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Prepping the turkey leg brine for the Super Bowl. After a little “”What’s that Meme?” Game with @Gravy_ona_Biskit

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I think I have that exact same shirt
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    It's no Corvette or puppy but have some Dave Matthews Band cranked. He's here for Super Bowl weekend. I'm taking my Mom to the show tomorrow. Pretty jazzed.

Enjoy.  I just bought tix for Austin show in May.  Loved it last time.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Legume said:
    WeberWho said:
    It's no Corvette or puppy but have some Dave Matthews Band cranked. He's here for Super Bowl weekend. I'm taking my Mom to the show tomorrow. Pretty jazzed.

Enjoy.  I just bought tix for Austin show in May.  Loved it last time.
    @legume Boyd Tinsley just announced he's taking a break from the band. This sucks!!! Definitely going to make one interesting show for tomorrow with him pulling out last second. The band hasn't made any announcement yet. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    Ugh, yeah, that sucks.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Legume said:
    Ugh, yeah, that sucks.
    Rumor has it Butch Taylor could be coming back this tour. That would soften the blow a little.

Just seems very strange to pull out last second. Especially right after tickets went on sale for the tour. Rumor has it that Tinsley was in town with the band this weekend. Lots of red flags. I'm intrigued how tomorrow will go but I feel for the people who bought tickets for this summer. Dang 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,051
    Options
    mgd_egg said:
    Getting ready to binge on Altered Carbon.  3 day weekend timed perfectly.
    How far into it are you?  I’m only a half hour in. I’m amazed by the quality Netflix puts out. 
    Could only sneak in 1 episode so far.  You are right, quality is outstanding.  The book series by Richard Morgan is one of my favorites and so far the series is hitting the high points and staying true to the books.  Looking forward to see how they expand on the world in the serial format.

If I didn't already have Netflix I would get it just for this.
    Watched episode 2.  Not for the prudish at all.  Not kid appropriate either, but I still really liked it.  Pretty consistent to the source material.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • YukonRon
    Options

Yeah, nocturnal. As in; All night long nocturnal.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    YukonRon said:

It’s like having kids again. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Lit said:
    YukonRon said:

It’s like having kids again. 
    Yes, except this one won' total 5 of the 8 cars she has been in accidents with, and college is not an option.
    Got that going for her.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options

Finally at 7:00 am, the football bat, rests.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Finally at 7:00 am, the football bat, rests.
    At least she gets it honestly 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Doing some prep for dinner. Trimming meat, cutting meat, mixing stuff, preparing veggies etc....  Things like that.... And in a few minutes, I will be going out and lighting the egg since it is above 30F now. There was no need to rush it this morning.  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Not egging. Shoveling....

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

The view from your deck is gorgeous!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options

The view from your deck is gorgeous!
    Thanks. Makes for a good playground. We are pretty heavily trees. Makes a good wind block too. 
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    Just returned from my every 8 week blood-letting for the Red Cross.  Running a pint low so the adult beverages will likely have some extra impact.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Put a 14.8 lb prime Brisket on the BGE last night @225F dome, 17F ambient outside. Thinking about 1.15 hours/lb for the cook, for an estimated 17.1 hour cook.
    This brisket, wanted out of the cold in a hurry. Almost no stall, completed in less than 11 hours total. Second one I have had like this. Both were Costco prime.
    Probed like butter using the toothpick. BPTC, for the duration.
    Cow drove this one.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Put a 14.8 lb prime Brisket on the BGE last night @225F dome, 17F ambient outside. Thinking about 1.15 hours/lb for the cook, for an estimated 17.1 hour cook.
    This brisket, wanted out of the cold in a hurry. Almost no stall, completed in less than 11 hours total. Second one I have had like this. Both were Costco prime.
    Cow drove this one.
    I usually plan for 11 and they run 17.  Your approach seems more sound.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Cow drove this one.
    I usually plan for 11 and they run 17.  Your approach seems more sound.
    The other Costco prime, about the same weight, although warmer ambient, was just over 9 hours. Usually I let a 15 lb go 17 -19 hours.
    I dunno. Once it is in the XL, it is the battle between the egg and the cow, I am just a bystander, wagering.....

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @YukonRon Using the SMOBOT?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • YukonRon
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @YukonRon Using the SMOBOT?
    @SciAggie
    I did use the Smobot, which kept it within + or ( - ) 3F once stablized. 
    I am ok with it, just haring the strangeness of the brisket with others. I have done many many briskets, and with each one, you think you know. Which goes to show you, if you think you know, you really don't know. That is what makes each brisket cook so much fun, it will always be different.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    As you rightfully note, the friggin cow drives the cook every time.  The randomness of the cook times with the cook weight always keeps it interesting.  My humble goal is to finish inside the FTC window which I figure 4-5 hours.  There was a recent one that decided to declare victory 7 hours before slice and eat time.  Never a dull cook.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Nice job Ron and good on you for bowing to the bovine on that one!   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Celebration of our daughters 25th birthday.
    Cheers!
    Keep her outta the car! =)
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Cheating on @The_Stache. Crushing some hot chicken after the Fishing and Boat show. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @YukonRonThanks. I was not implying anything about the SMOBOT. I’m anxious to order one when they are back in stock. I was just verifying that you used it and are still pleased with it. Great cook my friend. I think your dog is pretty cool too. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon