Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    DMW said:
    Fried rice, on the stove. Don't judge, it was cold outside.

Good job Pennsylvania_D !
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @johnmitchell Very nice find. I’ve never seen a round one like that. Very cool. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Made duck meatballs tonight from a couple of gadwalls I got on Sunday. I’ve never done them before - but I’ll be doing them again. Browned in a skillet because I was late from work and didn’t fire up an egg. I think they’ll be even better cooked on the egg. Served with garlic mashed ‘taters and a white wine reduction. Here’s the recipe I worked from -I didn’t follow it exactly: https://gameandgarden.com/cooking/wildgame/duck/duck-meatballs/

Yea brother, guess I was being a little girl about the snow, we had a great time though! Thanks for posting this, I will have to add this to the menu!
    LBGE
    AL
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @TideEggHead I was just pullin’ your chain. :)
    The meatballs are good. I brined the breasts for about 12 hours and that helped them a lot. I think if you cook these over some cherry or other fruit wood they will be really good. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Thoroughly enjoying the game thus far. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Glad my nose is stuffy.  This is one stinky fartador. 

• SciAggie
    Options
    @theyolksonyou Dogs can pass gas that would gag a maggot. It’s amazing something that vile can come from a small animal. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Miami is a true friend of the Steelers Crown. Dilly Dilly! 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Miami came to play tonight.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Miami came to play tonight.
    Yes they did. No Gronk made it easier. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Glad my nose is stuffy.  This is one stinky fartador. 

You sure you arn’t Covering for Amy again?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Conference call... eeek... Sounds like listening to Charlie Brown's teacher. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Conference call... eeek... Sounds like listening to Charlie Brown's teacher. 
    Why, is Robin on the call?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Heading to an office holiday party.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Image result for simmer down now meme
    Options
    Options
    I heart Scratch.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    It was a long but productive day.  As I stated before our church hosts a seniors Christmas party each year.  Most everyone was very nice and apprieiave, however a very few were just royal pains.  Now keep in mind these are not poor or homeless folks.  We just provide a venue for them to chatch up, eat and talk. The meal is free to all in our small town.  One person after fixing their 3rd plate told me the chicken was cold.  I asked what would they pay for a plate of cold chicken?  They told me NOTHING!  I responded well you got your monies worth. I know I'm bad.  But none the less here a few pics and almost all had a ball. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Times like that I'm reminded of Logan's Run.... ;)
    Options
    Watching The Force Awakens in preparation for The Last Jedi later this week. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Just got out of an all-day faculty retreat.  They’re called retreats because at the end of the day you surrender.  I’m into the bourbon now.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @YukonRon That looks delicious. Was it covered or uncovered for the cook?
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @SciAggie Uncovered for the duration. The crust kept it unbelieably moist, it was so tender. You really did not need a knife except to slice.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @Gman2 Beautiful. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Finished decorating the tree after some venison burgers 

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Jury Duty :bawling:

Johns Creek, Georgia