Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    johnnyp said:
    I hate philly fans.  They’re the worst. 
    Didn't they Boo Santa Claus and throw snowballs at him?
    Santa Claus isn't real. We don't like impostors and liars.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Made a nearly double batch of brisket chili today. We freaking love this stuff. 
    Nothing better in any chili than smoked brisket. Looks delicious Jeremiah. Nice presentation.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Made a nearly double batch of brisket chili today. We freaking love this stuff. 
    Looks great Jeremiah.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DMW
    Options
    Legume said:
    Drove down to Houston today to watch the Niners v Texans.  On the way home, made a quick rest stop at a T/A and went to grab a coffee at the Dunkin Donuts inside.  Ordered a double espresso - wanted caffeine, didn't need lots of liquid.  

Not knowing how to ring that up should've been a warning (she rang up a single - because that's what the button said).  Then being asked what size should've been a warning - um, I guess use the smallest cup you have.

5 minutes later, I step back to the counter to see what the story is.  She's got someone else helping her because the machine just isn't right.  By this time, I realize, they've pressed the espressso button like eight times and the cup still isn't full, so they hit it again.  After what must've been shot #9, I tell them it's fine - please don't fill it, I'll take it like it is.  They look at me like I'm crazy for not wanting a full cup, shrug and ask me if what flavor syrup I want in it.  Nope.  Another crazy look, shrug and I'm off down the road.  Had to pour most of it out before I started driving, I know I would've just drank it all absentmindedly if it was in the cup.

Got back home in record time.
    Now I want to go make espresso. But, it's almost 10:30, I have to work tomorrow, and I know that wouldn't be responsible. Guess I 'll just have some bourbon...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    DMW said:
    Legume said:
    Drove down to Houston today to watch the Niners v Texans.  On the way home, made a quick rest stop at a T/A and went to grab a coffee at the Dunkin Donuts inside.  Ordered a double espresso - wanted caffeine, didn't need lots of liquid.  

Not knowing how to ring that up should've been a warning (she rang up a single - because that's what the button said).  Then being asked what size should've been a warning - um, I guess use the smallest cup you have.

5 minutes later, I step back to the counter to see what the story is.  She's got someone else helping her because the machine just isn't right.  By this time, I realize, they've pressed the espressso button like eight times and the cup still isn't full, so they hit it again.  After what must've been shot #9, I tell them it's fine - please don't fill it, I'll take it like it is.  They look at me like I'm crazy for not wanting a full cup, shrug and ask me if what flavor syrup I want in it.  Nope.  Another crazy look, shrug and I'm off down the road.  Had to pour most of it out before I started driving, I know I would've just drank it all absentmindedly if it was in the cup.

Now I want to go make espresso. But, it's almost 10:30, I have to work tomorrow, and I know that wouldn't be responsible. Guess I 'll just have some bourbon...
    From what I have seen you don't have a problem sleeping...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    DMW said:
    Legume said:

From what I have seen you don't have a problem sleeping...

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Goddamnit Brent!
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options

Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

That’s a ton of cash to play with friggin LEGO’s while Mom and Dad hold the camera.  
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options

That’s a ton of cash to play with friggin LEGO’s while Mom and Dad hold the camera.  
    Are they hiring?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    A 33-17 W is bigly (bigliest in 5 years), if you're a Bear fan. LOL

I'm not missing much.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Lunch!!
    Last of the Pepper Stout Beef over jasmine rice. So good. I only kept a small helping from the two pans I cooked. Rest went to church yesterday and it was gone. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Kids want French Toast for dinner. Trying to figure out how I can turn that into me getting a Blackstone from Mrs. Claus. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Kids want French Toast for dinner. Trying to figure out how I can turn that into me getting a Blackstone from Mrs. Claus. 
    That’s easy. Bribe one if your kids to complain that the other one is getting to eat first and/or the food is cold waiting on the siblings french toast to finish. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    No bribe needed to instigate this, it's usually lurking just beneath the surface.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    That’s easy. Bribe one if your kids to complain that the other one is getting to eat first and/or the food is cold waiting on the siblings french toast to finish. 
    Good point. Maybe I will take an extra long time pulling it all together so that they all complain about the time it is taking and just drop that in there. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Father Christmas visited a tad early but I will take it... Found this 150 year old butchers block.. Now situated in our kitchen..
    That is nice John.  And good to see you are well stocked.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    John, that is an absolutely beautiful room.  Congrats on the butcher block find as well!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Father Christmas visited a tad early but I will take it... Found this 150 year old butchers block.. Now situated in our kitchen..
    Color me JEALOUS!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• DMW
    Options
    Fried rice, on the stove. Don't judge, it was cold outside.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• bgebrent
    Options
    DMW said:
    Fried rice, on the stove. Don't judge, it was cold outside.

Judging wimp.  Post this on the infamous FB site. ;). Looks delicious.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Nice to see you around John. Nice pick up right there.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Just finished setting up for our small town Christmas seniors lunch.  It is at my church (we have a gym) and we are expecting 200+.  I have tried to get my town to buy a off set smoker for me and my neighbor and we would no longer have to cater the event.  In any case pic's will follow tomorrow.  It will be a long  but productive day.  I am looking forward to being involved as a recent retiree. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Very cool find John...good to see you posting.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    16 likes already John.  Not all about the beautiful block etc...  Please join us more often my friend.