Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    @lousubcap @northGAcock thanks. No pool yet. Delaying is my plan of action. Clearing, fence, landscaping, covered patio.....theeeeen pool. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    @Jeremiah - not that you are asking but I will toss this out there.   Instead of a pool you may want to consider a spa.  Smaller footprint, easier maintenance and in all my experience much more use across the calendar year.  Of course, the spa is in the game when the pool is out.  FWIW- 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    lousubcap said:
    @Jeremiah - not that you are asking but I will toss this out there.   Instead of a pool you may want to consider a spa.  Smaller footprint, easier maintenance and in all my experience much more use across the calendar year.  Of course, the spa is in the game when the pool is out.  FWIW- 
    He has a wife....he will be putting in a pool. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Looks great @DMW!!
    What are you thinking for the lighting? So many choices these days! 
    I really got into the landscape lighting bug 3 years ago and got to the point that I rented a 55 ft lift and put moonlighting in the trees above a few branches for a true moonlighting feel. This past spring I did my sisters yard. Got hooked big time. It is flat out addictive.

I can see several smaller leds for even coverage (with hoods to prevent hotspots to the eyes) and a more powerful narrow to super narrow beam spot for the grilling surfaces as needed. Maybe uplight the posts unless you plan to mount items on them.

Or are you going obvious and functional such as string lights somehow?

Any thoughts yet? 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Not sure about that criteria- I have one (wife-two would have been more than double the pleasure...) but have done the spa deal in a couple of houses.  Cleaning the AM oil slicks was always fun  ;)  Besides if he has young kids the spa is a much safer operation.  Their $$-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Sea2Ski said:
    Looks great @DMW!!
    What are you thinking for the lighting? So many choices these days! 
    I really got into the landscape lighting bug 3 years ago and got to the point that I rented a 55 ft lift and put moonlighting in the trees above a few branches for a true moonlighting feel. This past spring I did my sisters yard. Got hooked big time. It is flat out addictive.

I can see several smaller leds for even coverage (with hoods to prevent hotspots to the eyes) and a more powerful narrow to super narrow beam spot for the grilling surfaces as needed. Maybe uplight the posts unless you plan to mount items on them.

Or are you going obvious and functional such as string lights somehow?

Any thoughts yet? 
    Thanks! No ideas really yet, just know I need to do something. Might need to hire your services as an outdoor lighting consultant.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    lousubcap said:
    Not sure about that criteria- I have one (wife-two would have been more than double the pleasure...) but have done the spa deal in a couple of houses.  Cleaning the AM oil slicks was always fun  ;)  Besides if he has young kids the spa is a much safer operation.  Their $$-
    Especially $$ if you get one of these:
    And add this:

But it does save on chemicals and keeps the temperature steady so there is that!
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I just realized I've been misspelling pergola. I'm such a dumbasss...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Watching School of Rock, eating popcorn liberally sprinkled with Habenero Death Dust.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Sea2Ski
    DMW said:
     Might need to hire your services as an outdoor lighting consultant.
    Happy to help wherever I can. Feel free to hit me up. Maybe you could cook me something like a hotdog on that XXL in exchange. I do not need more than that.
    Large and MiniMax

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Sea2Ski said:
    DMW said:
    Happy to help wherever I can. Feel free to hit me up. Maybe you could cook me something like a hotdog on that XXL in exchange. I do not need more than that.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Compensation....
    @Sea2Ski fishing was terrible but the day was beautiful.  First time we took out my fishing buddy's boat...been working on it for weeks.  Of course we make it 400 yards from the dock and break down.  Got towed back and i pulled a Macgyver and fixed the fuel feed problem with a knife and an extra fuel line.  We were mechanically sound after that.
    LSU beating up on my alma mater, but I'm rooting for LSU - SWMBO'd school.
    Sea2Ski said:
    DMW said:

I spit my beer on the screen when that loaded....
    Large and MiniMax

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @nolaegghead The Aggies got a good old fashioned butt whoopin’. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Showing my daughter rock concert clips on YouTube.  AC/DC, Ramones, Led Zepplin, etc.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Legume said:
    Cooking green beans.

Bacon makes everything better.
  • Gym
    Gym Posts: 366
    Legume said:
    Cooking green beans.

That looks delicious and easy. Anything special, or just bacon and green beans?
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Home made beans for lunch, also with bacon.

• Sea2Ski
    @legume making string beans.  If there is one person who can make them well, I would have thought it would be you.
    You did not disappoint! They look great! 
    Large and MiniMax

• Standing in the kitchen drinking a coffee while swmbo is still sleeping, kids at Grandma's house thinking I should start to put some of my toys away we had out yesterday.........
  • Sea2Ski
    Standing in the kitchen drinking a coffee while swmbo is still sleeping, kids at Grandma's house thinking I should start to put some of my toys away we had out yesterday.........
    @CanadianAnvil Really?  You throw that out there and no more details?  Com'on man....  out with it!
    Large and MiniMax

• The short answer is a 225lb dressed pig happened. 
    This is the third one I've done. Did two on the same day in March and the one yesterday....
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Gym said:
    Legume said:
    Cooking green beans.

Nothing special, cook a pound of bacon to crispy (bacon softens up when you add the beans) drain 2/3 of the fat, toss in 1-2 lbs fresh green beans and let them cook for a while with the lid on the pot, stirring now and then, add some concentrated cream of mushroom soup, stir a bit, season a bit and that's it.  We pull them off when they still have a little snap to them and they reheat fine.  Hate mushy beans.
  • Gym
    Gym Posts: 366
    Legume said:o
    Gym said:
    Legume said:
    Cooking green beans.

Nothing special, cook a pound of bacon to crispy (bacon softens up when you add the beans) drain 2/3 of the fat, toss in 1-2 lbs fresh green beans and let them cook for a while with the lid on the pot, stirring now and then, add some concentrated cream of mushroom soup, stir a bit, season a bit and that's it.  We pull them off when they still have a little snap to them and they reheat fine.  Hate mushy beans.
    Thank you. I just may have to give this one a try.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Cut a corner off of my man card if you wish, but this show is hilarious.