Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Watching Pitt put Miami on the ropes!
    That one is in da books.

Is it?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    Watching Pitt put Miami on the ropes!
    That one is in da books.

Is it?
    Yup
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Decided after all the turkey, gravy and dressing last night
    Something different would be nice for just us and our daughters.  Shooting for a 5:30 finish.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• bgebrent
    Options
    Nice shed. Funny story. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Great story-that stick burner will win the war yet  ;)
    BTW- that thing looks extremely well built.  Congrats on seeing it thru.  What's next in the project queue?  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    blasting said:

Wondering why every year I'm amazed at the number of turkey threads

Hope everyone's having a good day with family.

And as Christmas approaches they'll be rib roast threads 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Was mowing, but hose caught on mower deck wheel and tore the hose bib line almost flush with the brick. So, no water right now.  Damn.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Legume said:
    Was mowing, but hose caught on mower deck wheel and tore the hose bib line almost flush with the brick. So, no water right now.  Damn.
    Dude, that in no bueno.  Sorry for the headache.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Reverse searing some prime strips.

Seemed like a decent option

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Great story-that stick burner will win the war yet  ;)
    BTW- that thing looks extremely well built.  Congrats on seeing it thru.  What's next in the project queue?  
    Thanks Lousubcap! I was surprised it didn't take more of beating when taking a tumble. A few fascia boards and a couple drip rails. It made a good size dent in the yard. I'm not a fan of green treated wood. We had some issues in the past with warping. Hopefully this shed stays somewhat straight. 

The next project is the junkyard car in my driveway. My mother-in-laws car she was going to junk a few years ago that we made road worthy again. The brake lights went out and haven't made the time to fix them. I think it has something to do with the turn signal switch. To replace the turn signal switch the steering wheel needs to come off and apart. The battery is shot after sitting the last year or so. So it's going to be a project just getting it into the garage. At least there is no shed in the way! ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Nice shed.

I learned a long time ago just to cut down trees that stack themselves.

Thanks HeavyG! I wish I had options like that. I could use 7 trees that size in my yard. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Got my SMOBOT today!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• bgebrent
    Options
    Botch said:
    Got my SMOBOT today!  
    What ya gonna cook with it?
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Putting a dent in this apple pie. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Just threw a turkey in the large.  Why not.
    Options
    Details? Live, dead, frozen, thawed?  Was BGE open when you threw it? Was BGE pre-heated? How far when you threw it? Over hand, under hand?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options

After 10 years of marriage to my beautiful wife, when she wants her Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving, she is getting her damn tree the day after thanksgiving. Now I am drinking some fancy AF drink chasing the cat out of said tree. 
    You sir are a good husband!  I see many more years of bliss in your future.  I know you have it down by now but just a small reminder   "yes dear"  is a proper response  95 % of the time .

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• lousubcap
    Options
    From one who cleared 10 years of bliss 25 years ago, I will tell you that the landscape definitely changes over time.  Nice gesture.  Hopefully the recall lasts for a while.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Details? Live, dead, frozen, thawed?  Was BGE open when you threw it? Was BGE pre-heated? How far when you threw it? Over hand, under hand?
    You two are getting weird. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Pickin up Oysters for tomorrow nights game. Gonna do some Rockefeller, steamed and of course raw. Oh and Go C0CKS!
    So you think yaw have a chance??  ;)
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • lousubcap
    Options
    I'm sure the avatar swap was just a teaser for the real deal.  Regardless, gonna be a late night turkey banquet. @nolaegghead  enjoy the follow-on eats.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @WeberWho funny story. Beautiful shed!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    What do you mean “getting” ?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    What do you mean “getting” ?
    The Bromance has taken an odd twist.