Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanksgiving Leftover Throwdown!!!

Killit_and_Grillit
Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
edited November 2017 in Off Topic
Who can use your leftovers in the best, most creative, delicious way. 

1 entry. 

3 pics. 

Post by Sunday 10 PM CST. 

No anus. 

Most likes wins. 

I was waiting on @DoubleEgger but it appears he is suffering from excessive birthday shenanigans. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Adam, best thing I did and didn’t photo, was put a heaping bunch of traditional dressing into our waffle iron. When it came out I topped it with reheated turkey, green bean casserole and finished with gravy. Damned good brunch. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    No anus!?  Damn, I'm out.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    No anus!?  Damn, I'm out.
    Nope. Your bar is high
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Thanksgiving leftovers eggrolls.  Turkey, sausage stuffing, grilled veggies, laced with honey Dijon.  Fried in peanut oil.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    I had Thanksgiving Part Deux today at the in laws @Killit_and_Grillit. No leftovers here. 
  • @JohnInCarolina without cutting one of those open...we must all assume they are tainted with anus. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• I had round two as well just a bit ago. The waffle idea is pretty legit. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Thanksgiving leftovers eggrolls.  Turkey and anus, salted anus sausage stuffing, grilled veggies and anus calimari, laced with honey Dijon and anal juice.  Fried in anus oil.
    Ftfy
    bgebrent said:
    Adam, best thing I did and didn’t photo, was put a heaping bunch of traditional dressing into our waffle iron. When it came out I topped it with reheated turkey, green bean casserole and finished with gravy. Damned good brunch. 
    I may make stuffing just for this idea alone.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Ms Patties Caramel Cake on day two. Not sure this qualifies nor do I care. Having another piece. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    @bgebrent - that sounds great.  You've got plenty of time to go again and grab a pic.  Should cruise across the finish-line with a lap in hand.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • I made turkey chili verde with the leftover turkey. 
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,265
    Just ate: turkey sandwiches with white meat turkey (still juicy), dijon mustard, and mashed potatoes. May have been the best sandwich I ever made.
    Mountain View, CA
  • ewyllins
    ewyllins Posts: 461
    Aiight you win
    O-Town, FL

• I made Cream of Turkey soup out of my Mad Max Carcass and left over Mad max gravy and Roux.

I boiled the Mad Max leftover carcass that still had the thighs on it all day yesterday, added carrots, bay leaf, sprigs of rosemary, thyme and sage, onions and celery as well as a couple more tablespoons of Mad Max, Garlic, S&P and a few shots of Lea and Perrin's.  Next I added all that left over stock and veggies from my T-giving mad max process.

4 hours later, I pulled all the extra meat off the bones and set it aside, it actually fell off the bones.  I strained the rich, almost Amber Lager colored stock into my 9 qt La Creuset Dutch Oven.  Next, I I browned diced onion and celery seasoned with a few dashes of Lea and Perrin's and still more Mad Max..... Layers.

Boiled up some fresh egg noddle pasta.

Next I skimmed the fat off the top of the broth and added the pulled Turkey, Browned veggies, peas and fresh corn off the cob kernels.  Set oven on medium, oh a another teaspoon or two of Mad max.....flavoring to taste as I go.

Back to the fridge.  For some reason the mad max Gravy process left me with a good amount of excess roux.....brown, creamy, flavorful roux.  I added about 2/3 cup of roux a table spoon at at time allowing it to thoroughly blend into the rich soup.  The roux took the clarity away from the Amber lager colored broth and created an amazing flavor. Just for kicks I added 1 cup of left over Mad max turkey gravy.....I can't tell you how good the broth tasted at that moment.

Still simmering on the stove, my last step was to add in about 2/3 cup of Heavy whipping cream.  At this point I stopped flavoring to taste because the cream took what was already an amazing soup and pushed it over the top.

The soup was served atop a small bed of egg noodles.

We ate it too fast to think of pictures but since I have a tremendous amount of leftovers I will shoot a quick photo at lunch time today......
  • Focker said:
    Today's breakfast, Turkey Carbonara post Christmas tree morning with the boys.  Diced dark meat, a little leftover thyme, La Quercia guanciale.  

Your sir, are on a roll! That looks really tasty.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Focker said:
    Today's breakfast, Turkey Carbonara post Christmas tree morning with the boys.  Diced dark meat, a little leftover thyme, La Quercia guanciale.  

Your sir, are on a roll! That looks really tasty.
    Thank you. 

Hard to F up when you add some of the best ingredients to the mix.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited November 2017
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."