Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Pretty white virgin there John. Racist?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

Stage 1 of brisket nachos. Warming at 350 in the oven.  I will then add cheese and broil (haven't tried this feature on new oven yet).

After it comes out I will add tomatoes.  I will pay pic if I remember. 

Tortilla strips
    Sweet corn
    Red pepper
    Jalapeños 
    Red onion

Stuff I found around the house.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina for a minute I thought you had a clean egg. Gotta stop drinking on work nights. 
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options

WFO and the product at Fireside Pizza in Camden.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    Getting blocked for some FB groups for having a sense of humor. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    Is there a way to get kicked off of FB altogether?
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Legume said:
    Pro tip: don't join. 
    +1
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    This... sounds like a challenge.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Foghorn said:
    buzzvol said:
    A few hours ago, I put my feet in the water on the rocks at Ocean Point east of Boothbay Harbor.  Felt like an ice water bath.
    Wimp. 
    What's your pool heated to? ;)
    Was actually thinking of the swimming I do every summer in the Atlantic off of Cape Cod.

It's not quite as cold as Maine but the water temp is typically in the 50's.  When I was in Maine a couple of years ago I swam there as well.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it heated pool and southern lake boy. :o

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Not sure who's worse; Cam Newton or these announcers. 
    After watching the announcers on last night's Broncos Chargers game, I'll never say anything bad about other announcers again. Easily the worst I've ever seen. 
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    bgebrent said:
    Foghorn said:
    buzzvol said:
    A few hours ago, I put my feet in the water on the rocks at Ocean Point east of Boothbay Harbor.  Felt like an ice water bath.
    Wimp. 
    What's your pool heated to? ;)
    Was actually thinking of the swimming I do every summer in the Atlantic off of Cape Cod.

It's not quite as cold as Maine but the water temp is typically in the 50's.  When I was in Maine a couple of years ago I swam there as well.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it heated pool and southern lake boy. :o

Lawrenceville, GA
  • GATraveller
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    LIKE A FRIGHTENED TURTLE!!!
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @johnincarolina thanks - I just started making paella, after a friend did some ridiculously good paella, and @sciaggie keeps dropping awesome stuff.  definitely a fun cook.  did you ever make it out to Northwestern?
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Found some maple and hickory skewers on clearance at BB&B, and Portugese cork trivets at TJ Maxx for the butcher block.  May go back, and grab the 3pc round cork $4.99, for a base of the egg carten during transport and operation.  

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    blind99 said:
    @johnincarolina thanks - I just started making paella, after a friend did some ridiculously good paella, and @sciaggie keeps dropping awesome stuff.  definitely a fun cook.  did you ever make it out to Northwestern?
    I'll PM you.  The tour's not for another couple of weeks.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Checked out in the parking lot.  Not a bad landing platform for 6 bucks.  Ceramic feet may be going into retirement.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    In a cab in Philly. Imagine my disappointment when I figured out that this ad wasn't for a BBQ institution. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Sitting on a plane in Dallas....trying to get back home. Yesterday flights were canceled due to our girl Irma. Looks like we are a go today.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Finally got my camper van running properly. Had trouble getting the correct crank trigger here so ordered from the US, fitted it today (had to make some special tools with spare spanners and an angle grinder) and mapped by an expert (rather than me).
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Chicken from the MMX, sea bream pan fried in butter, salad and pitta breads for tea.

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    Got home from the Raleigh area last night after a 4 day work trip. Hadn't been there in about 15 years. Nice town. Off to ABQ this Friday for another weekend of work. 9 more years until retirement!  
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options

Kinda cool and damp here after the storm passed through so Sandy made Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Chili from @nicholemurphy collections. It looks like @bgebrent should weigh 400lbs. 

Lenoir, N.C.
  • Zeiger88
    Options
    Just got home from Kroger. Today is the last day for choice brisket $1.99lb with card.  Had to get a pic of this never saw one this big. I got just under a 16 pounder. It will be cooked later this month or next month after are first son is born. 
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    piney said:

Kinda cool and damp here after the storm passed through so Sandy made Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Chili from @nicholemurphy collections. It looks like @bgebrent should weigh 400lbs. 

Looks fantastic Gary. I'm well on my way brother. 
  • Gman2
    Gman2 Posts: 421
    Options
    Hoping everyone got through all this crazy weather safely and ready to egg on!! 
    LBGE, Mechanicsville, Va., LBGE, Duck, NC, XLBGE Wake, Va.