Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Official Jucy Lucy Throwdown voting page.

nolaegghead
nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
edited September 2017 in EggHead Forum
Like I said, I'd post this Sunday night when I felt like it. 

Posting entries allowed until 6PM CST Monday when I tally the vote.

Good luck *burrp*.

Rules: See the other thread.

Additional rule - bikini pictures of anyone eating your juicy lucy +5 likes.

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    So do I vote here or on your other thread?  Monday like tomorrow Monday?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Truck stop pics allowed?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• nolaegghead
    no, yes, yes
    Do I have to have a photo ID to vote?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Here is mine. Tasted good, but the cheese melted out so I just threw more on top. 
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • nolaegghead
    edited September 2017

Welded a gate, unfrosted the most frozen freezer on the planet, got drunk, had people coming over for diner, slapped together some burgers.  Made some square ones from fresh 90% with massive slabs of harvarti.  Round from last time I made them.

Potato salad, debbiled eggs.  Simple, Blackstone.  Everyone loved 'em.

Additional rule added:  If you include a picture of yourself wearing an ex-president mask, +3 likes.  I will know if you stole it off the web (minus 1000000000 likes).
    New Rule:   I will make up new rules Monday while posting and voting is underway to confuse and obfuscate this whole deal.  The main point, I emphasize, is to post pretty pictures.
    Newest rule to-date:  Ignore this rule.

• 4) semi smashed burgers (see cheese starting to come out of the center)

Awesome cook as usual my brother! A sure winner except you lost a zillion points for making  the kid wear that jersey. That's child abuse in my book!  =)=)
  • My juicy lucy is a little unconventional but came out delicious.  Golden sponge cake stuffed with sweet cream.  10/10 would make again. 

P.s - I highly recommend NOT googling "twinkie covered in KY jelly"
  • @Larrycg That is not my kid. My buddy Chris (who will be joining the forum this week) is a die hard. Bless his heart. 

He he showed up and I said "and the visor? You can't feel good about that!?!"

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    DMW said:
    Ok, here's my entry from Sunday September 10th. I ended up doing two styles of Jucy Lucy. My daughter and youngest son didn't want a Jucy Lucy at all, so they got just a burger. My other son wanted a butter stuffed burger, and for myself and my better half I went with Swiss cheese/sautéed mushrooms.

The protein of choice was 1# of ground brisket and 1# of grocery store 93/7 beef.

Butter stuffed burger assembly:

Forget the juicy lucy. How was that butter burger?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    caliking said:
    DMW said:
    Ok, here's my entry from Sunday September 10th. I ended up doing two styles of Jucy Lucy. My daughter and youngest son didn't want a Jucy Lucy at all, so they got just a burger. My other son wanted a butter stuffed burger, and for myself and my better half I went with Swiss cheese/sautéed mushrooms.

The protein of choice was 1# of ground brisket and 1# of grocery store 93/7 beef.

Butter stuffed burger assembly:

Forget the juicy lucy. How was that butter burger?
    I didn't get a chance to taste it, my 13 year old inhaled it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Some of y'alls Jucy Lucy's b lookin closer to some Schwetty Betty's, gotta keep it realz.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • I now realize how bad my burgers suck. You guys knocked it out of the park. 
    Snellville, GA

• caliking

Posted without wearing pants. Plus or minus points as you will. 
    Just spitballing here... but I'm guessing not wearing pants is how you got her that way... :smiley:

• caliking said:

Posted without wearing pants. Plus or minus points as you will. 
    Just spitballing here... but I'm guessing not wearing pants is how you got her that way... :smiley:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • caliking
    @HendersonTRKing - best post and burgers so far IMO! The crispy chorizo and sweet-hot japs sound like a killer combo. I'm stealing this. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    All those burgers look absolutely fantastic. Hard to pic a winner from where I'm sitting. The look equally awesome. 
    With that said, brother Doubles title; "ode to the Buffalo" may sway my vote. I'm a huge supporter of the Buffalo.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Hard act to follow,  Hendo...  I might not know what "Kentucky jelly" is, but here goes!

We're here in Suburban Baltimore cuz we heard there's a guy putting out totally legit Juicy Lucy's.

Wow, would you take a look at that!  Gotta do "the hunch" for this one!

Right off the bat you got the soft sweetness of the lightly toasted brioche bun quickly followed by the smokey salty sweet bite of the bacon, blue cheese, and caramelized onions.  The grilled flavor of the 1/2 pound grass fed beef burger is right on point.  It's all brought home by the oozy goodness of a jumbo sunny side-up egg perched on top.

Kudos, JohnEggGio - that's money right there!  That's one juicy Juicy Lucy!  Totally legit - totally legit!

Oh, and thanks for the jelly - will keep my coiffe in order at least a week.

Anything with a sunnyside up egg on it automatically qualifies for the finals!