Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Loin

Options
haven't posted a cook in a while. Nothing fancy. Had to cook burgers for some family yesterday and since egg was hot figured I'd cook part of a pork loin I had in frig. Indirect at 300 til it hit 140. Glazed with jalapeno peach jelly with a few other things thrown in til it tasted right. Came out pretty good. 

Oh yeah, a little boudin for good luck. 

Little Rock, AR

Comments

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    Options
    That's some lovely moist looking food, can almost taste it from here.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    That pork loin looks incredible!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Gorgeous. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    That pork loin was pretty good. By the time it was ready I was dranked and it was late and we just nibbled a little bit at it then put it in the frig. I have a pork belly in frig I gotta cook. Probably gonna throw it on the egg here shortly. 

Little Rock, AR

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Nice! I really like leftover loin in my lunch salads!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    Options
    Please post cook and method of the Belly.  Great looking loin and boudin!
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Just picked up a whole pork loin at Costco. 1.99 a LB and 2.50 off a package. No I know what I am doing with it tomorrow night
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Hntnhrd said:
    Just picked up a whole pork loin at Costco. 1.99 a LB and 2.50 off a package. No I know what I am doing with it tomorrow night
    I usually cut them in half and slice half as thick chops and then smoke the other half. 

Little Rock, AR

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Great looking brother. The jam sounds wonderful. Did you make it?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Great looking brother. The jam sounds wonderful. Did you make it?
    Yeah I made it year before last when we had a lot of peaches. I just kinda made up a recipe. Came out a little thin so its more like a sauce. Didnt quite set up like it should but I use it for pork and chicken. Pretty good stuff. 

Little Rock, AR

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I shamelessly attempted to copy you @Biggreenpharmacist  .

Peach mango jalapeno candied glaze.  Juicy, great glaze.  Thanks for the prompt.  Pork loin has never been one of my fav cuts.  This cook may have changed that.

Phoenix 
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Nice job. No shame in copying me. Mines a riff on APL's cilantro garlic pork loin. So I copied it myself. 

Little Rock, AR

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Wow!!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That pork loin looks delicious. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    That rocks! A pork loin roast is one of our most favorite meals. Since there are just 2 of us I buy a 5 - 7 pounder when on sale. I then divide it into 1 to 1.25# pieces, seal in Food Saver bags and freeze. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    RRP said:
    That rocks! A pork loin roast is one of our most favorite meals. Since there are just 2 of us I buy a 5 - 7 pounder when on sale. I then divide it into 1 to 1.25# pieces, seal in Food Saver bags and freeze. 
    Yeah we eat them a lot. They seem to go on sale every other week. Pretty versatile, too. 

Little Rock, AR

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    RRP said:
    Yeah we eat them a lot. They seem to go on sale every other week. Pretty versatile, too. 
    Here's an option that I do time to time...I rub them just the same as a rack of spares. Then I sauce them when about done and slice them before serving. They then taste like ribs without the bones! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    Here's an option that I do time to time...I rub them just the same as a rack of spares. Then I sauce them when about done and slice them before serving. They then taste like ribs without the bones! 
    Hmmmm. Sounds good. Will give that a go. I sometimes slice thick chops and marinate in dale's marinade for few hours. They get dark colored and taste like a steak. 

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist
    No need for words here my friend:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    killer cook
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • RichardsonEggHead
    Options
    Amazing and great photos! Loin going on today! 
  • EagleIII
    Options
    Cooking a Pork Loin this weekend.  I too will shamelessly attempt to copy...looks delicious!
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    Options
    Looks fantastic. Thank-you for sharing your technique. I've never had good results with pork loin so I will join the shameless crowd and use your recipe.
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Looks great - makes me think of sandwiches from the leftovers, like cubanos.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options
    Wallowing in the euphoria of Palace actually winning yesterday ( sorry @Eoin ) with this bargain from the supermarket.  Just 5 English pounds - but immeasurable happiness.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Doing some pork loin research and came across your post from 2017.  Very nice!  Btw, boudin on the grill is killer in a big way.  I get it.  :)
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.