Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need some inspiration on new items to grill/smoke.

Options
I've done pork chops, steaks, burgers, hot dogs, smoked sausage, chicken wings, chicken breasts, spatchcock chicken, beer butt chicken, pork loin, steaks, ribs, pork shoulder, salmon, chicken and beef skewers, mixed veggies, potatoes, pizza, turkey breast, jalapeno poppers and probably more than I can't think of right now but it seems like the same old stuff when we try to decide what to cook for the upcoming meals.  I need some new, fresh ideas.

Any suggestions?   No need to suggest beverages for the cook.  I have that covered.  ;-)
Calhoun, GA - LBGE

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Pizza, enchiladas, quiche, lasagna, meatloaf, meatballs, chili, carne guisada, calzones, caprese chicken.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Lasagna for sure. 

Little Rock, AR

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Butterfly some porkchops, stuff with sausage, dust with rub, wrap with bacon, a little more rub, indirect with Apple wood chunks. 
    Oh, and meatloaf...my favorite cook.
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    I'll add my voice to meat loaf. The Egg does an amazing job with them. 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    Best Stuff Ever, Smoked Mac and Cheese
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    Another vote for meatloaf. Or a cheese burger pie. Buffalo chicken meatballs are e-z. Turkey wings are interesting. Sometimes I will make pasta sauce in a DO on the egg. Lasagna is fantastic, made one once using thin sliced eggplant instead of lasagna noodles and it was killer. Also baked mac-n-cheez on the egg is wonderful..
  • kaybee
    kaybee Posts: 120
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Dedicate a brisket to burnt ends. Just did this last night and it was a great change and tasted awesome. I followed the Jess Pryles recipe pretty much exactly.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,626
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Lamb.  Lamb chops, kofta kebabs, lamb burger, gyros.

Fish, lots of great seafood you can grill, I only see salmon on your list.

edit: things stuffed with other things, like stuffed mushrooms and stuffed peppers (bell, poblanos, hatch, etc)
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Pork belly burnt ends so you can thoroughly enjoy the brisket point without a sacrifice.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,626
    Options
    I've never made them with pork belly, but every time I have made  brisket and pork butt burnt ends side by side, the pork always run out first.  Never fails.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @Legume - I find them much easier to make using a belly compared to a butt.    Here's a link to a great recipe:  http://howtobbqright.com/2017/04/17/pork-belly-burnt-ends/  
    I cut the cubes a bit smaller as I seem to get a better rendering, but meat candy for sure.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Same stuff with really different seasonings makes them really different dishes, to me.  Jerk chicken and regular BBQ grilled chicken seem like different animals to me.  Grilled chicken thighs with lemon and tarragon, grilled Korean-style chicken skewers, Sambal chicken skewers -- they're all the same meat, but again to me, they're as different as night and day, and don't seem like the same old same old.  Ribs with Korean-style marinade and sauce seem like a completely different thing, practically, than "regular" ribs.  Eastern European style sausages and kebabs seem really different, to me, than "regular" ones.
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Steaks...you mentioned em twice so you must really like em.  
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • etherdome
    etherdome Posts: 471
    Options
    Meatloaf all the way. Also, sometimes I go to the Asian store and buy Laotian sausages and smoke them. Out of this world!!!
    Upstate SC
    Large BGE,  Blackstone, Weber genesis , Weber charcoal classic
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Add me to the mac n cheese, meatloaf, smoked chuck roasts are great, agree with @Legume rack of lamb from Costco good (make a mint sauce) cook it like beef, and other sea food/fish

also  desserts bake chocolate chip cookies and pies
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Wanting to try chili waiting for fall
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    I don't see beef or pork tenderloin on the list. A lot of folks like to stuff a pork tenderloin. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    How about a twist on ABTs - bacon wrapped stuffed pickles? 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,343
    Options
    Brisket chili is a show stopper 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Gallowayja
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Brisket chili is a show stopper 
    Care to share your recipe/method? 
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Look for some different meat cuts. For instance, find some place that sells turkey thighs. Or buy a whole turkey for a holiday and save the thigh portions.

Goose, duck.

I've got a big rabbit marinading in hasenpfeffer style flavored brine. A test yesterday of the rib cage grilled was ver-r-ry good. Waiting another 36 hours for the rest.

Beef tongue (most recently found priced as high as steak), beef heart.

Leg of lamb, bone in and crusted w. garlic and pistachios. Or bone out, stuffed = major holiday dinner.

Whole mackerel, rainbow trout, either stuffed as you like.

Squash or pie pumpkins, cored and stuffed with herbs, brown sugar and sausage and corn bread.

• Egghead_Ty
    Options
    I have a wok and do stir fry every stirfriday ha...I'd highly suggest giving it a shot if you like Asian cuisine! I've also been wanting to try a tri tip on the egg.  
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Tuna steaks, swordfish, veal chop, lamb chops, butterflied leg of lamb.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
    Turkey legs. Chuck roast either Chicago beef style or pepper stout style. So many ways to prepare meatloaf. All do well on the egg.
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Google... Nibble me this. Faux cochon de lait 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Bayou_Buzzard
    Options
    Definitely meatloaf Nd pork belly burnt ends.  Paella. Peach cobbler. 
    From the shores of Lake Michigan.  Grand Haven.
    Unsalted and Shark Free
    XL.  Woo Adjustable Rig Combo.  Flame Boss 300.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I'm always impressed w those who do seafood often.  I do it very rarely.  Tonight I'm doing some shrimp and a snapper filet for tacos, but I only do seafood once a year or so.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    This routine is why many of us start making our sausage, grinding burgers, homemade sauces etc. Gotta keep it interesting. 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Take a gander at HeavyG and his posts. Lots of cooking action there. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site