Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: 17 Day Vacation!!!!

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    And yes I realize the government spending didn't create the stock rally over that period of time. Gas prices actually had a much larger impact. 

I could be slightly off but I believe every quarter decrease in the price of gas puts as much money into the economy as QE2. 

So gas dropped from 3.27 in 2008 to 2.35 in 2009- huge push of disposable income into the economy- around $2.2 trillion. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    HeavyG said:
    =) Just needs a rest from making the stock market soar since October. I could have retired early if he had started in 2008. =)=)
    Notice the DJIA trend line over the past decade? What does that tell you?

Thanks Obama!!

Thanks, @HeavyG, you saved me from looking that chart up.  As its been said, the US is a pretty big ship; it takes awhile to turn Her around.  I'll be interested in seeing this chart in another 18 months or so...  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,937
    The DJIA will have to get to 50,000 for Trump to have the kind of gains witnessed under the last admin.  Good luck to him.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,320
    Any over/under on when this thread will awaken the buffalo to act?  Pretty tame so far but the night is young.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    I'm gonna pour myself another drink and get ready to douse this campfire with some kerosene.  Or maybe not. SWMBO just told me "you're done, switch to water".  Buzzkiller.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    JethroVA said:
    I'm gonna pour myself another drink and get ready to douse this campfire with some kerosene.  Or maybe not. SWMBO just told me "you're done, switch to water".  Buzzkiller.  
    that was just a suggestion, not an order. Drink on.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,320
    @JethroVA - too early to switch gears regardless of the strong (could be the couch) suggestion.  Press on with pace.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
    DMW said:
    Who vacations in NJ anyway?

• JohnInCarolina
    New Jersey's finest right there.  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    I'm gonna slightly hijack Nola's thread to make a prediction about Mueller's results, provided he isn't fired first:
    The Trump Empire was built, not on real estate per se, but on money laundering; money from V. Putin and his Oligarchs.  
    This interview with a former russian investor kinda brought it all together for me, along with information brought up about the Magnitsky Act:
    http://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2017/07/16/bill-browder-full-interview-gps.cnn
    And this (VERY-well documented and referenced) article shows us where those russian oligarchs have been laundering their money:
    http://https//2016electioninvestigation.com/2017/03/16/towers-full-of-oligarchs-and-their-dirty-money/
    Interesting how so much of the trump properties are owned by the oligarchs and their "shell" companies (and that they always seem to be paid for, in cash).  

I realize I probably sound like a Conspiracy Loon, but the above theory refocuses  quite a few things to make sense:  
    1.  Why drumpf completely refuses to release his tax returns, even though the IRS have stated publicly it would be totally legal,
    2.  Why drumpf fires any investigator who wanders too close to his financial records,
    3.  Why his cartel/family attempted to set up a russian-hosted "direct line of communication" between the Kremlin and the White House,
    4.  Why drumpf and his cartel/family continue to have meetings with the russians, directly, with no US interpreters/recorders present,
    5.  How drumpf, whose sole financial statement that we've seen (wherein he lost $988 million dollars, $988,000,000.00 dollars, of OTHER people's money), somehow got more investments (of other people's money) to build an empire of luxury real estate, golf courses and even his own jet (would YOU invest with someone who lost almost a billion dollars, in one year?)
    6.  Why drumpf continues to praise and defend V. Putin and his government (that loud humming sound you hear is Ronald Reagan spinning in his grave).  

Bring on the ridicule/derision/laughter.  I wanted to make this prediction before Mueller's final report, and provide the evidence I've seen so far to support it.
    Thanks for listening, FWIW.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    edited August 2017
    I've read more than a few articles over the past few years that talk about how Putin is actually the richest man on the planet (by far) and how he got there. 

Interesting and scary stuff.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    I don't know what Mueller will find, but I've decided I'll accept whatever it is.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    How expensive is it for Trump to go to his own golf resort in New Jersey?
  • JohnInCarolina
    How expensive is it for Trump to go to his own golf resort in New Jersey?
    A better question is: how expensive is it for us?
  • JohnInCarolina

"Was that wrong?  Should I not have done that?"
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Pick up the pace, gents.  Be butthurt!  Angst!
    Meanwhile Bill is abusing Hilliary's flying monkeys.
  • HeavyG
    I enjoy how the former Mexican Prez just loves trolling Trump on Twitter.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567

Just joking.....
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Pisses me off that the job numbers are so good and the market is soooo mediocre.  No comparison to brother Obama's terms.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    SoCalTim said:
    ** Working Vacation. I am a Hardcore Trump guy, he's working his as* off ... I wish I had his energy!
    My condolences in every possible way.

I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507

Real estate mogul and reality TV star Donald Trump (R) says he wouldn’t get out much if he wins the Oval Office next year.

“I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done,” Trump, 69, tells ITK. "I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/245884-trump-i-would-rarely-leave-the-white-house

• HeavyG
    bgebrent said:
    Pisses me off that the job numbers are so good and the market is soooo mediocre.  No comparison to brother Obama's terms.
    Damn fine trend line in the US unemployment rate during Obama's tenure:

Thanks Obama!

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    To be honest, i didn't read but only a couple posts on this thread, my take is that its a 'bash Trump' posting.

I don't involve myself with 'group think'. Mr Trump is MY President and he has my unwavering support ... I cannot be swayed.

FYI, I offer the same unwavering support with anyone who i am friends with in my life. 
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited August 2017
    SoCalTim said:
    To be honest, i didn't read but only a couple posts on this thread, my take is that its a 'bash Trump' posting.

I don't involve myself with 'group think'. Mr Trump is MY President and he has my unwavering support ... I cannot be swayed.

FYI, I offer the same unwavering support with anyone who i am friends with in my life. 
    Why in the world would you offer unwavering support to any elected official? I view all elected officials with skepticism, most of them deserve it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • HeavyG
    DMW said:
    SoCalTim said:

Why in the world would you offer unwavering support to any elected official? I view all elected officials with skepticism, most of them deserve it.
    Absolutely.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG said:
    bgebrent said:
    Damn fine trend line in the US unemployment rate during Obama's tenure:

Thanks Obama!

Speaking of jobs numbers, this was kinda interesting, if not surprising:

http://thehill.com/regulation/345351-trump-breaks-jobs-report-comment-rule?amp#oo