Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - My dog is Dumb

slovelad
slovelad Posts: 1,742
I have two boxers and love them to death, but this guy is a real dummie

he bites my leaf blower and puts the end in his mouth at full blast. He bites the tires on my mower while I'm cutting the grass... and the list goes on lol but gotta love em.

also, this is why I have my egg in a table where it's secure 

Took these screen shots of a video I took

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,706
    that is Hi Sterical
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    My boxer is a champion counter surfer. I don't let him play with power tools but when he was a puppy he learned how to turn on the space heater.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Boxer owner here too. He says you're dumb for not trying the leaf blower stunt.  =)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Laughing away here. Two years back I lost my boxer, he was appropriately named Joker. He was a great dog but I'm now back to GSD's. 
  • We all busted out at those blower pics. Nothing better than a good for nothing dopey ass dog.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    Mine does the same thing with the blower. But he runs from the lawn mower - probably because it would run his 20lb butt over (Short legged Jack Russell)

Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    It's all fun and games until he slips and loses a leg on that mower. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Rte1985
    Rte1985 Posts: 304
    slovelad said:
    I have two boxers and love them to death, but this guy is a real dummie

he bites my leaf blower and puts the end in his mouth at full blast. He bites the tires on my mower while I'm cutting the grass... and the list goes on lol but gotta love em.

also, this is why I have my egg in a table where it's secure 

Took these screen shots of a video I took
    That's funny.  My 10 yr old boxer does the same thing.  Hair blower. Air gun.  Attacks the mower tires and bike tires.  Done it his whole life!  At 10 I let him do his thing.  Now our goldendoodle pup is a whole different type of knuckle head.  Dogs
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    That is why my dog is locked up when I am using power tools in the back yard and why the Egg sit's on it's throne on the other side of a gate. Any dog that I once caught trying to snatch a bratwurst from a fully active frying pan can't be trusted around the egg.
  • That is why my dog is locked up when I am using power tools in the back yard and why the Egg sit's on it's throne on the other side of a gate. Any dog that I once caught trying to snatch a bratwurst from a fully active frying pan can't be trusted around the egg.
    The no-good grid-licker....

got his rabies tag stuck in the grid when I wasn't looking

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • PoppasGrill
    PoppasGrill Posts: 355
    My Pit normally breathes through his nose, but swims with his mouth open and will swim for 2 hours straight. Have to force him out of the pool to pee so he doesn't damage his bladder.
    My son's Shepard is a mouth breather on land, but swims with her mouth closed.
    Weird.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Went thru 20 years with Basset Hounds (the most loving  dogs ever). Now three Standard Poodles in a row. Yes there is a deference in intelligence. After the last Basset I told Linda I want to use this criteria for next dog:
    No slobbering
    No shedding 
    A little smarter 
    And I don't want to have to bend over to pet her. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Yea, mine's weird too.

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    A classic from Cheech and Chong (Ralph and Herbie). Just seems to fit here.

https://youtu.be/Gj_Mwvsabfo

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow