Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2017 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    I might have been able to squeeze that bottle of hot sauce in? 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    Oy!  That is an impressive package.  I was happy with the things I'd picked and sent... but I have to admit, if I'd seen that first bar raising delivery from Richard I would have made a 4th shopping trip and gotten a bigger box.  :o

Hey Cazzy, where do I send the palm greasing tips to get paired up with him next year?  ;)

Speaking of impressive packages...

It must be humid where he is
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Nice Trout. Foghorn sent me a couple of those franklins sauces and they are all really good. He also sent the brisket magic, excellent on steak and butts. Not sure about brisket but I'm sure it's good as well. Enjoy.
    Snellville, GA

• TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    nolenut19 said:
    Nick hooked me up, this is only a small sample of the sausage he sent. I am stoked. Used the chupacabra and lime garlic already. Wow.....will be cooking some sausage in the morning. Btw my wife does not allow me to buy the Whataburger ketchup I have to ask for extra packets, this made the gift even better.  The entire box was 22# to give you an idea about the amount of sausage. 
     :o wow!!!!!
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Nice score nut!
    Snellville, GA

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Mmmmmm. 

Whataburger spicy ketchup. 

The first time I tried that the young lady came out from behind the counter and asked me if I would like to try it. 

I took one bite, smiled, and proposed to her. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    Mmmmmm. 

Whataburger spicy ketchup. 

The first time I tried that the young lady came out from behind the counter and asked me if I would like to try it. 

I took one bite, smiled, and proposed to her. 
    So did she say yes? 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @Grillin_beers she said she had to ask her manager. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    edited June 2017
    Options
    nolenut19 said:
    Nick hooked me up, this is only a small sample of the sausage he sent. I am stoked. Used the chupacabra and lime garlic already. Wow.....will be cooking some sausage in the morning. Btw my wife does not allow me to buy the Whataburger ketchup I have to ask for extra packets, this made the gift even better.  The entire box was 22# to give you an idea about the amount of sausage. 
    Glad everything made it there ok! Try the country sausage or slammers for breakfast. I recommend rolling the slammers in the black pepper and then on the egg indirect at 300 until 165 internal temp. Enjoy!
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Options
    Every box I see makes me that much more anxious to get mine in the mail and see whats coming to me.
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • TN_Sister_State
    Options
    All packed up and headed west at lunch time. 
    Franklin, Tn

• cactus_darrell
    Options
    RRog17 said:
    A very big thank you to @cactus_darrell for all these things waiting for me today when I got home. What an awesome combination of things from TX!!! I'm most excited about the Hak's Habanero Pineapple BBQ sauce. Sounds really good. Also, very interested in the Butlers Texas Gold. Plus, believe it or not, I've never used Mesquite wood! Can't wait to dig in! Thanks a lot Cactus Darrell!!!

Hey, your very welcome. Happy to see it made it intact. I had fun shopping for this exchange. I was in Dallas last week to see sold out Metallica concert at AT&T stadium. It gave me a good opportunity to ck out some neat BBQ stores. Try using the Mesquite chips when cooking your favorite steak. You wont be disappointed. I got a tacking # for my gift exchange today,  very excited when it said " out for delivery". yea!!

Cactus Darrell still smoking in Texas

BGE, Treager LilTex, Terinan 48 SOB, Custom electric smoker, Weber kettle, Weber gas grill, Masterbuilt SS smoker, last but not least UDS

I've never meet a cow I didn't like, with a little salt and pepper.

Amarillo, Texas

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Dang, this makes me jealous. I participated last year, but didn't this year because I still have so much stuff left. Y'all enjoy it, and I can't wait until next year!
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Bump just to keep it on page one.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

South of Nashville, TN

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I imagine a big flood of pic will start hitting the thread this weekend. Some people are still working.
  • nolenut19
    nolenut19 Posts: 76
    Options
    nolenut19 said:
    Glad everything made it there ok! Try the country sausage or slammers for breakfast. I recommend rolling the slammers in the black pepper and then on the egg indirect at 300 until 165 internal temp. Enjoy!
    Actually had the country sausage this morning. 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Received my package today, all new items to me.  Excited to try some of Amish market items.

What is your name?  I don't see a registered name with your handle.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • BulletGrillHouse
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Received my package today, all new items to me.  Excited to try some of Amish market items.

What is your name?  I don't see a registered name with your handle.
    I registered under my old handle (Cm23) since i participated prior.  I tried to update my nickname but never got it to complete.
    XL, 2-Lg, Mini, 36" Blackstone (Formerly CM23)
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I just received a tracking number. It looks like Santa will hit the coast on Monday.
  • TN_Sister_State
    Options
    If you send a message in eflster to your draw is it anonymous?

Franklin, Tn

• Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Options
    If you send a message in eflster to your draw is it anonymous?

Yes, you have the option right below the message box.
    Edina, MN

• TN_Sister_State
    Options
    @Budgeezer thanks, I'm a little cross eyed at the end of the day and missed that. 
    Franklin, Tn

• SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    Options
    I got notified of mine shipping by UPS on Tuesday evening but no tracking number.

The one I sent out is delivering tomorrow.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group