Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Fathers Day To all ( and me)- Home Sausage Makers Might Like this

Options
lkapigian
lkapigian Posts: 10,765
edited June 2017 in Off Topic
Upgraded to this- First stuffer I bought was the LEM SS #5 pounder-If you are looking to buy, get nothing less than 10#--Was happy with it, but found I really never make small batches and wanted something Hands Free--20# and Motorized
Visalia, Ca @lkapigian

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    You'd have make a ton of sausage to justify the unit pictured. Too rich for my blood.  
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • lkapigian
    Options

@NPHuskerFL , I know it sat in the "Cart" for and hour or two before I hit "submit order, but I mentally justified it to myself...

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    I originally got the lem 5# hand crank then added the 15#   and now am comsiderung the dual gear unit so refillimg the cylinder can happen much faster...

Post picts of your new addition in action when youre able.....
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    That thing is a beast.  Happy Fathers Day to you!
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • lkapigian
    Options
    I originally got the lem 5# hand crank then added the 15#   and now am comsiderung the dual gear unit so refillimg the cylinder can happen much faster...

Post picts of your new addition in action when youre able.....

@westernbbq I plan on breaking it in next week, will post pictures...I like the 5 pounder, but anyone here considering buying a dedicated stuffer, go no less than 10 preferably more Thanks @20stone Happy Fathers Day
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    #jealous
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Didn't know sausage stuffer envy was a thing.  It is.

Phoenix 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    You'd have make a ton of sausage to justify the unit pictured. Too rich for my blood.  
    We've all blown more money on less...
  • lkapigian
    Options

That was my mindset!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • westernbbq
    Options
    Hey spending money on a sausage stuffer, meat grinder, dutch ovens, big green eggs, guru, wok, cgs accessories and of course the dough proofing boxes and uuni pizza oven are all money savers in the long run, right?  Very few restaurant visits....

For pre fathers day celebration tonight we did go to pizzeria bianco and it was exquisite, as always.....

• lkapigian
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Showed up yesterday, it is a beast, dwarfs my LEM Grinder...Making a quick batch of Italian sausage today to try it out....Ran it through its paces yesterday with nothing in it, works like a charm....no more cranking no more clamping down a stuffer
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • otter
    otter Posts: 342
    Options
    What kind of grinder is it?
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • lkapigian
    Options
    otter said:
    What kind of grinder is it?

@otter LEM Big Bite #12 (3/4 hp)
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Bit of a learning curve on stuffer speed 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    No words more true have ever been placed in this forum.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Holy Mother of Zeus!  I bet that makes the biggest sausage on the block.  Your wife will have to run off the neighbor ladies (on account of your sausage!)

Seriously, that's nice.  I'm slummin' it with the 5 pound LEN piston.  Did upgrade to one of the LEN grinders last black monday or some artificial commercial holiday.  Have a sausage mixer and something weird I've never used that a buddy gave me - it's a link cutter.  Pinches it and cuts it, looks like a Ferris Wheel that you'd see in the movie "Pin Head".

Options
    I too bought the LEM 5 pound stuffer as well and it is too small for when I make sausage. I upgraded to the 15 pound one. Really envious of your beast though!
    Nerk Ahia LBGE
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Holy Mother of Zeus!  I bet that makes the biggest sausage on the block.  Your wife will have to run off the neighbor ladies (on account of your sausage!)

Seriously, that's nice.  I'm slummin' it with the 5 pound LEN piston.  Did upgrade to one of the LEN grinders last black monday or some artificial commercial holiday.  Have a sausage mixer and something weird I've never used that a buddy gave me - it's a link cutter.  Pinches it and cuts it, looks like a Ferris Wheel that you'd see in the movie "Pin Head".

Mixer is on my list, they have one that will connect to the LEM mixer or you can hand crank...my hands go numb mixing by hand...painful
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • westernbbq
    Options
    Making sausage is cool.....
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    Options
    I feel like such a heathen; I just buy my sausage from the grocery store.

Going to have to find me some fresh sausage somewhere.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• lkapigian
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I feel like such a heathen; I just buy my sausage from the grocery store.

Going to have to find me some fresh sausage somewhere.

There is some good stuff out there no doubt, but the price per LB for anything decent is crazy........you can always find Boston Butt around a dollar a LB , I started with a less that $50.00 Harbor Freight Grinder with a stuffer attachment, was hooked the first time.........
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian