Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do you wear undershirts?

theyolksonyou
theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
i find it keeps my work clothes from getting crusty pits, but it can be hot. 

Comments

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    It's more of a sweat through the over shirt prevention thing for me. 
    Im a full T, no wife beater guy. 
    Thanks for asking. I was hoping someone would bring it up. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Yep everyday, summers in the south require me too.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    I where a wife beater/tank under mine. Granted I work in IT so my environment is usually pretty comfortable 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    I wear designer underwear 
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    I don't need clothes in my line of work.  B)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • I was just thinking, "we don't share enough of our personal life on this forum"

And then you go and do something like this. You magnificent ba$tard. 

I'm with @TN_Sister_State. Southern humidity with make parts of you stick to other parts of you that you didn't even know you had. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,871
    I thought they were only for Mormons.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited May 2017
    I only wear overall jorts in the summer and only wear a t-shirt with 'em if the sign says I have to .

Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs, blocking out the scenery breaking' my mind...
  • Every day. All day. It'd be like I left my wallet or my watch if I went without one. Now, the pits on them are a mix of dark grey, brown and black. Maybe some red. But that's when they get comfortable. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    What is an under shirt?

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    What is a shirt?
    FTFY you leisurely retiree
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Only with a white button down, otherwise the humidity here in Tampa will kill you lol
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Plus one for undershirts they save the shirts I have to wear for work. I recommend the Kirkland T's 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Not a chance. Most of the years I worked the majority of the time supervising outdoor construction projects. As A side note asphalt comes out of the dump truck at 300 degrees. A thick enough t shirt to soak up all of the sweat would have given me a heat stroke. The last few years I worked the unofficial uniform was Columbia PFG fishing shirts. They are designed to let the sweat through to evaporate and with maximum ventilation while keeping the sun off my skin. I still wear them daily.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Ugh, I hate starch, so if I'm wearing a dress shirt, crew neck undershirt for sure.  Otherwise, meh.
    NOLA
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    At work I always have a white t on under a polo or button down shirt.  I feel a bit more put together.  Plus on polo shirts, sometimes the logo can chafe the nipple.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    kl8ton said:
    At work I always have a white t on under a polo or button down shirt.  I feel a bit more put together.  Plus on polo shirts, sometimes the logo can chafe the nipple.
    Horse nipple.  You need some bag balm for that.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Legume said:
    kl8ton said:
    Horse nipple.  You need some bag balm for that.
    This is what you need :-)

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    kl8ton said:
    Furthermore, if I don't wear a tucked in t-shirt, my belly/happy trail fur can get caught in my belt buckle causing unnecessary discomfort. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Hicks don't wear undershirts! 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    edited May 2017
    For 37 years working in public accounting & banking then you bet I did! On top of that admission I always wore long sleeve heavily starched shirts under beneath my suit coats. When we could relax with our suit coats off out of public and clients view thus exposing anybody wearing a polo shirt meant certain good natured ridicule and then they would not do that again! 

Granted - I worked in a different era whether you understand that now or not! Besides - anybody coming to work unshaven would either be sent home the first time or fired the second time he showed up like that!  We called unshaven - looking like a bum, not a macho dude! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    V-Neck undershirt everyday. I wear button down shirts so it is a must
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    T-Shirts are a must if you wear a dress shirt. IMO

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

The full T vs. wife beater is a constant debate over on the undershirt forum.

Phoenix 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,326
    No.

Oh wait...you said under s h i r t s.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    RRP said:
    For 37 years working in public accounting & banking then you bet I did! On top of that admission I always wore long sleeve heavily starched shirts under beneath my suit coats. When we could relax with our suit coats off out of public and clients view thus exposing anybody wearing a polo shirt meant certain good natured ridicule and then they would not do that again! 

Granted - I worked in a different era whether you understand that now or not! Besides - anybody coming to work unshaven would either be sent home the first time or fired the second time he showed up like that!  We called unshaven - looking like a bum, not a macho dude! 
    Things haven't changed much from your description in my law firm, though at least we can dress business casual as long as we aren't meeting with clients.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Oh, I'm a sweaty MFer.  Not only do I rock the undershirts, but I get a special kind that prevents excessive pit sweat from making you look like a bozo at work.  
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    i dont ever remember wearing an undershirt. have one suit i bought 26 years ago, the knot in the tie is also 26 years old. christ, i only have one pair of everyday pants. if i ever went to an eggfeast, i guess i would need to go clothes shopping, i hate clothes shopping
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it