Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best wings I've ever made

Options

Comments

• Simcan
    Simcan Posts: 287
    Options
    Look perfect.  Will definitely be trying that sauce.
    Toronto ON
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Ummmm, I could have done the same thing in my oven and that is way too much salt for my low sodium diet.  Also, the rub just sounds extra clumpy.  No clumpy wings for this guy!

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    They look great! I think I will try that sauce with the Mole rub this week. Is the sauce very hot or more of a sweet with a little heat?
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Those are some killer looking wangz D-Wayne. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Those look awesome.  May have to make a batch...
    LBGE/Maryland
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Damn nice cook @DMW !!   

Is that the smokewake grid or the one from the group buy a couple yrs ago?  
    @Mattman3969 - I'm pretty sure that is a steamer rack

Those wings look awesome.  Nice work.  Measuring is for amateurs. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @dstearn -  the recipe as provided is not hot but you can dial it up (which I do).  Just wing it with the ratios til you get the heat and sweet you are looking for.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Looks incredible.!!!  Wish my wife ate wings - I never get to cook them unless she is not around.

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Sea2Ski -  what's keepin' you from wings and something else for her?? ;)  At least you don't have to deal with degrees of heat/flavor when you are the sole consumer.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    So, are these @lousubcap wings or wings de @DMW? HUH?
  • lousubcap
    Options
    I will take absolutely NO credit for those.  All belongs to @DMW.  (But it a good baseline for a sauce... =)
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    those last 2 pics are Raichlen i.e. good enough to be stolen!

Very nicely done, sir.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Nicely done sir! Those look good enough to beat @caliking in a Wing Cook Off!! :lol:
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    They look fantastic!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Rte1985
    Rte1985 Posts: 304
    Options
    Damn nice cook @DMW !!   

You got me! Red handed with a measuring spoon! :s time to put my big boy pants on and just wing it..... No pun intended !
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Rte1985 said:
    Damn nice cook @DMW !!   

You got me! Red handed with a measuring spoon! :s time to put my big boy pants on and just wing it..... No pun intended !
    No offense intended to those that choose to measure. I was just trying to make DMW feel better for being lazy like me. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Hotch said:
    Nicely done sir! Those look good enough to beat @caliking in a Wing Cook Off!! :lol:
    My crappy wings beat @caliking. If these wings were around for the Salado wing cookoff I wouldn't have a wing trophy on my mantle. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Rte1985
    Rte1985 Posts: 304
    Options
    No worries! My parents taught me the little of this a little that method growing up and that still my method!  Except for my rub recipe and pizza dough, I go by the book on those ;)
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I don't  know for sure but that is about the best wing presentation I have seen posted on the forum. If not the best, it certainly is up there with the best. Good looking wings.
    Again, another example of why alcohol inspires us to do great things.
    Beautiful cook!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Late to the party  Dwayne....but those look / sound killa.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    Options
    Trying this!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• DoubleRay415
    Options
    Yes, this looks amazing.  Why are wings so tricky? It took me my fair share of wings to finally put something out that I was proud of, you got me craving now.  Haha
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Outstanding work!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    sounds like something good for Butt Blast...let me know and I will supply the wings.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Wow, been busy and haven't had time to say thanks for all the compliments.

@Mattman3969 - That is a steamer rack as accurately observed by @SmokeyPitt.

@piney - Might be on to something there.

@pgprescott - The recipe for the sauce was provided by @lousubcap when I mentioned honey sriracha wings in a prior post. But these were wings I made.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    PERFECT. You can't get better than that.

Tell me--what did you mean by "drizzling" the honey? Did you mean after they were cooked?
    I didn't actually follow that part of the sauce recipe. I didn't drizzle any honey on them at all. Perhaps @lousubcap can let us know when this would be done if followed?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Judy Mayberry -  I'm a non-drizzler after the first run I made.  And if you are gonna go that route it is after they are ready for consumption.  I do jack up the heat and found the extra honey too much for me.  
    BTW- This is no way an original creation. I just grab wing recipes and give them a test-run.  This one along with a sweet/hot mustard one are up there in my rotation.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    You know them wing wizards you speak of, well order your pointy hat, you are now one! Excellent cook....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Markarm4119
    Markarm4119 Posts: 526
    Options
    Looks great !
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    They sure look awesome!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum