Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I hate you...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    You should cut poor @Ozzie_Isaac some slack - can't you see it was so chilly that they needed to start a fire?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,112
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    You should cut poor @Ozzie_Isaac some slack - can't you see it was so chilly that they needed to start a fire?
    I agree 10,000%.  I almost had to put on pants.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Not likely.  The fire looks cosy, but there isn't much need.  We're into the nineties already.  The fire cracked me up.

Phoenix 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Some folks just live the dream every day.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    Options
    Wrong thread monkey spanker. Go over to the pickle thread. 
    I think you misread, or perhaps your mind is in the gutter. I finished rubbing a brisket. You eggheads...

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @DoubleEgger Thanks for the link.  I will be hitting up Academy on Friday.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    Options
    @SGH you have any extra friends? HAHA, awesome stuff there man! Enjoy!

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Getting ready. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,112
    Options
    I feel like a red-headed step-child.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Got the keys to my rental today. Sorry a$$ renters quit paying two months ago. Thrilled to have possession again, terrified to see what awaits me once I get there.  :s
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Jeremiah -  I certainly don't know the details, but having rented a few houses during my prior nomadic life style, have you considered a property manager?  I gather you are in close proximity to your rental so that definitely makes it easier.  But there is something to be said for a true business filter.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    @lousubcap  the synopsis is we bought a house in 09 just before the market really got bad. Moved across the state 5 years ago and rented it out, through a realty company. Had the same renters the whole time. Gave them three months notice on New Year's Day, and never saw another rent check. SC laws favor tenants here and today the realty company got the keys back. We're going this weekend to see what we've got left. If nothing else, Saturday is "demo day" for all you Fixer Upper fans.  =)
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    @lousubcap  the synopsis is we bought a house in 09 just before the market really got bad. Moved across the state 5 years ago and rented it out, through a realty company. Had the same renters the whole time. Gave them three months notice on New Year's Day, and never saw another rent check. SC laws favor tenants here and today the realty company got the keys back. We're going this weekend to see what we've got left. If nothing else, Saturday is "demo day" for all you Fixer Upper fans.  =)
    Three months free rent? Hurry up and make the repairs....summers coming and I got beach fever.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Jeremiah -  Sounds like you did all the right things and the degree of being screwed over is yet to be determined.  Don't pretend to know the law and the property management contract but I wish you the best of luck.  It sucks just trying to be reasonable in this day and age.  Take no prisoners if it comes to that!
  • Jeremiah
    edited March 2017
    Options
    It's just a house, and it's just money. I don't have much but I do pay my bills. What's important to me is my family. If I have to demo the whole house, so be it.  =)
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Jeremiah -  I certainly don't know the details, but having rented a few houses during my prior nomadic life style, have you considered a property manager?  I gather you are in close proximity to your rental so that definitely makes it easier.  But there is something to be said for a true business filter.  FWIW-
    I took on the job as a property manager while stationed in Albuquerque.  Never again.  While it didn't cost me any financially, the frustration at what renters can get away with, was more than my particular personality type could take.  
    I know a few military officers who actually cut their careers short, and became full-time property managers because it made sense financially; that's great, but you have to be able to take the losses from shitheads, and I personally can't do that.  I'd do better at rebuilding wristwatches without my glasses.    

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Jeremiah
    Options
    Oh and I'll never rent anything again. @mickey can have them all. I'm done with this foolishness. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Oh and I'll never rent anything again. @mickey can have them all. I'm done with this foolishness. 
    Yup. I had a buddy of mine that had rentals. Two of them burned to the ground. Women getting mad at cheating boyfriends and torching their stuff in the living room. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Guys with one or two rentals it is tough to stay out of your wallet. You have a fridge or stove, dishwasher give trouble today you replace it as it's less than repair. 
    There is no way for me to retire by saving cash. Getting 1% on cash to retire is not going to make. I found with the apts I have enough cash coming in that retirement works. Big plus is zero employees! Just wife and I. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    you need a big bosnian with a russian accent and hatchet wounds on his arms to collect the rents. easy peasey ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    SRF brisky on the Triple Nickel (my XL) this evening. I had to trim a lot of fat from this one (2lb 7oz). Seasoned with Sams BBQ 1 Cow Dust. It's a local BBQ joint's coffee based rub. Stoker is set to 225F so I'll Cadillac through the night. 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    SRF brisky on the Triple Nickel (my XL) this evening. I had to trim a lot of fat from this one (2lb 7oz). Seasoned with Sams BBQ 1 Cow Dust. It's a local BBQ joint's coffee based rub. Stoker is set to 225F so I'll Cadillac through the night. 

Outstanding Michael!!  Banquet ahead.  That rub you turned me onto is the bomb.  Enjoy.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga