Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco Brisket Tracker

Options

Comments

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    I tried this with our local Costco but the manager told me that the local stores have no control over which cuts their meat departments carry. It is a regional decision and they don't seem to want to listen to their customers about what they want the store to carry. I think this is very short-sighted of them and the manager agreed but he has no part in the decision process.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Was kind of surprised but glad to see these in Grand Rapids MI yesterday. Probably the only packers in town. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • volfan1
    volfan1 Posts: 164
    Options
    Franklin/Brentwood, TN Costco has Prime Whole Packers in stock!!! I'm doing my first brisket tomorrow. Can't wait.
    XL & Mini & knock off medium. Western North Carolina. Formerly Franklin, TN. Formerly in Palm Harbor, FL. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    volfan1 said:
    Franklin/Brentwood, TN Costco has Prime Whole Packers in stock!!! I'm doing my first brisket tomorrow. Can't wait.
    Nice! 
  • Hairless_Hand
    Options
    volfan1 said:
    Sweet. Now I can quit traveling with a cooler in my trunk!  
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Lit said:
    You have a restaurant depot there in Marietta get a KCBS membership the angus briskets are under $3 a pound there.
    I'm looking for prime. Those angus ones at RD at okay at best. 
    I know the supply chain varies by region but they are better than any Costco Brisket I've ever cooked of any grade. I got rid of my Costco membership because I was like 0-5 cooking Costco briskets. Longest slump I've had since I learned what the hell I was doing. Once I got off Costco briskets, slump over. I know some people down here like them but every time someone at work calls me and says "what did I do wrong" I start with "where did you buy it"? RD Superior Angus are great briskets. And I will take a CAB brisket over any prime brisket anywhere. 
    That's interesting. I would have thought that the Costco prime would have been superior to anything RD had to offer. My local RD is a sad looking dilapidated store. Not saying a run down place can't have good products, but I would think the odds would be against it.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Was kind of surprised but glad to see these in Grand Rapids MI yesterday. Probably the only packers in town. 

You still here?  @The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • jeponline
    jeponline Posts: 290
    Options
    Been checking every time I go for a year now. Huntsville, AL finally had prime packers today.  

Large BGE
    Huntsville, AL
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    kl8ton said:

You still here?  @The Cen-Tex Smoker
    No but I'm there often. I work for a company based out of there now. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    GregW said:
    Lit said:
    You have a restaurant depot there in Marietta get a KCBS membership the angus briskets are under $3 a pound there.
    I'm looking for prime. Those angus ones at RD at okay at best. 
    I know the supply chain varies by region but they are better than any Costco Brisket I've ever cooked of any grade. I got rid of my Costco membership because I was like 0-5 cooking Costco briskets. Longest slump I've had since I learned what the hell I was doing. Once I got off Costco briskets, slump over. I know some people down here like them but every time someone at work calls me and says "what did I do wrong" I start with "where did you buy it"? RD Superior Angus are great briskets. And I will take a CAB brisket over any prime brisket anywhere. 
    That's interesting. I would have thought that the Costco prime would have been superior to anything RD had to offer. My local RD is a sad looking dilapidated store. Not saying a run down place can't have good products, but I would think the odds would be against it.
    Ours is pretty nice. I've never been to any location outside of Austin but I know that some of the better bbq restaurants here are running the RD Superior Angus Briskets. I've done a few of them and they are really good.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    If I could get prime brisket for $2.99, I'd be in a permanent meat coma. 
  • TN_Sister_State
    Options
    volfan1 said:
    Sweet. Now I can quit traveling with a cooler in my trunk!  
    I was there the other day and saw them. My wife wanted to take my picture due to the pure joy i showed as i quickly picked one out. Hopefully this will be a regular thing. 
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Man, I want to head to greensboro or Winston  now just to check. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • HCOJ
    HCOJ Posts: 14
    Options
    Costco Frederick, MD prime packer and flats for 2.99lb
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    Options
    Prime packers and flats for 2.99/lb at Colorado Springs Costco.
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • Shiff
    Options
    HCOJ said:
    Costco Frederick, MD prime packer and flats for 2.99lb
    That's great news.  Maybe that means we will get them up here in Lancaster, PA, someday soon.

Were the flats and packers really the same price?
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • DoubleRay415
    Options
    This is funny, I just seen prime's at our Costco here in the Bay Area, California. 
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    I picked up a 17# prime in Huntsville yesterday, we are doing a dinner party Wednesday that is going to be tasty

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• PlanSB
    PlanSB Posts: 90
    Options
    Anyone ever see packers in se pa/de area?
  • SGrabs33
    SGrabs33 Posts: 46
    Options
    Prime packer briskets available @ the Apex NC Costco for $2.99/lb. All they carried in the past were flats for $4.99/lb.
    Raleigh, NC
  • PirateBill
    PirateBill Posts: 259
    Options
    I keep coming to this thread and hoping someone says Knoxville has them ... always the brides maid never the bride.

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

• Jellyworm
    Jellyworm Posts: 96
    Options
    I was at Costco in Houston on Richmond yesterday and they have plenty of prime brisket packers in stock.  I am not sure of the price as I did not buy one.  I will post the price next time I go there.
    Large BGE
    Houston, TX
  • QingEsq
    QingEsq Posts: 241
    Options
    PlanSB said:

Specifically at Costco or in general?  I haven't seen them at Costco (or other price clubs) in se PA, but they have them at RD, Shady Maple, Wal-Mart, smaller butcher shops, etc. 
    Always seeking the high I experienced from my first true BBQ experience.
    Downingtown, PA
    LBGE, WSM, Weber Kettle
  • TN_Sister_State
    Options
    I keep coming to this thread and hoping someone says Knoxville has them ... always the brides maid never the bride.
    Of Nashville area has them now, which I've confirmed you shouldn't be far behind I would think.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• PlanSB
    PlanSB Posts: 90
    Options
    QingEsq said:
    PlanSB said:

Specifically at Costco or in general?  I haven't seen them at Costco (or other price clubs) in se PA, but they have them at RD, Shady Maple, Wal-Mart, smaller butcher shops, etc. 
    Yeah meant costco specifically, but thanks for the tips. I usually go to local butcher, but may have to take the drive to shady maple on a saturday or sunday morning and hit the breakfast then grab some briskets.  B)
  • clifkincaid
    clifkincaid Posts: 572
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I just bought and did a 18hr BGE dance with one. 2.99 and 15lbs prime. Bought the floppiest one there.....and It was awesome.
    Olympia Washington 
  • Shiff
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @PlanSB said:

Yeah meant costco specifically, but thanks for the tips. I usually go to local butcher, but may have to take the drive to shady maple on a saturday or sunday morning and hit the breakfast then grab some briskets.  B)
    Both the market and restaurant for Shady Maple are closed on Sundays.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    Anyone in Atlanta area who's close to the Morrow Business Costco?  I found Prime Brisket on the business website.(Link below)  They seem willing to deliver to 30339, but, not 30080.  I was wondering if they carry it as a regular item in that store and if we could just pickup just one brisket or do we have to get a whole case.  At $.289/lb, getting a case may not be a bad idea...

http://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/*USDA-Prime-Commodity-Beef-Brisket,-14-lb-avg-wt.product.100082810.html

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    SmyrnaGA said:
    Anyone in Atlanta area who's close to the Morrow Business Costco?  I found Prime Brisket on the business website.(Link below)  They seem willing to deliver to 30339, but, not 30080.  I was wondering if they carry it as a regular item in that store and if we could just pickup just one brisket or do we have to get a whole case.  At $.289/lb, getting a case may not be a bad idea...

http://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/*USDA-Prime-Commodity-Beef-Brisket,-14-lb-avg-wt.product.100082810.html

I called Costco a while back and no stores in the metro were carrying them. Says it'll ship to my zip 30062. Looks like a case is 14 briskets. 
  • noveggske
    noveggske Posts: 38
    Options
    Local Costcos,  Sacramento Area of CA have prime packers from $2.29-$2.99/lb.   I've watched them bounce between these prices for the past year or so.