Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC Coolers on Sale!

Options

Comments

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up @Hotch - I've been avoiding buying one of these for some time now, but for that price with free shipping couldn't resist any longer.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    My Gf just took my credit card, won't give them back. Going to Plan B
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Any issues with the soft sided Rtic's leaking?  I've had bad luck with soft sided coolers in the past.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Any issues with the soft sided Rtic's leaking?  I've had bad luck with soft sided coolers in the past.
    Like any soft side. They are not leak proof through the zipper. If they have a fair amount of water and fall over it might leak.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • CoMoBGE
    CoMoBGE Posts: 374
    Options
    @minniemoh I just tried to fit a growler in the soft 30. It will fit but pushes on the top. You can fit 2 side by side with some room. The big problem will be after you take one out and ice falls underneath it will no longer fit. Just my opinion. 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    Send pics of the GF, must see what's got you whipped. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    @CoMoBGE I thought if you pulled it out you had to finish it.
    So it no longer needs chilled!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    It could leak through the zipper but haven't had any issues with the cooler body. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SoCalTim
    Options
    Dobie said:
    SoCalTim said:
    Not that it's any of your business (it's not) but I'm engaged and life isn't just about me anymore. fyi.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Great deal brother!
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    Dobie said:
    SoCalTim said:
    Not that it's any of your business (it's not) but I'm engaged and life isn't just about me anymore. fyi.
    Lighten up Francis.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @SoCalTim -  I believe I just saw your stick burner vanishing into the ether...No worries, several years down the road it could reappear  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    Dobie said:
    SoCalTim said:
    Yet somehow you make it everyone's business....carry on sir. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    Picked up the blue 20 for my wife for Christmas, of course I have to do the toting but it works great. It was $106 before Christmas so this is a few dollars cheaper.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Thanks for posting the pics @CoMoBGE .  It really helps put into perspective the size.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Dang, at those prices I could get a 45 and a 65 for the price I paid for my Pelican 65.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • tclamberth
    Options
    Just bought 2.  1 for me and 1 for a buddy who is getting married in a couple months. A few of us groomsmen went in together 
    Memphis raised me, T-Town made me...Aint never been nothing but a winner
  • SoCalTim
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @SoCalTim -  I believe I just saw your stick burner vanishing into the ether...No worries, several years down the road it could reappear  =)
    lol, yeah I can't get that darn thing out of my mine.
  • JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538
    Options

Damn you all. Again.

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @JacksDad, That's a deal???
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @JacksDad, That's a deal???
    No. But I didn't want camo, which looks like what is on sale now, unless I'm missing something. I've been eyeing these for a while now, and just decided to pull the trigger... I gotta get away from you all, I'm spending money left and right! 

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Thanks @CoMoBGE
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    I got the camo soft 30 for Christmas. It seems like it's the same size interior as my hard 20. Havent had them side by side to compare.
    Anyway, used it for New Years eve (in Texas). Granted, it was pretty cold that week, but I left the cooler in the covered bed of my truck and it still had ice at the end of a week. That's pretty awesome for a soft cooler. I bought it for the light weight when I only needed it to hold ice for a day. I'm happy with it. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Gravytrain84
    Options
    Mines on truck out for delivery now. How bout dat for service  :o
  • OneNole03
    Options
    Trouble awaits at home. Just purchased the 65 and 20. Thanks for the heads up. 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Wow, great deal!  Much better than what I paid at Christmas.  Jump on it.  I already have the hard Trinity, plus a soft 20.  Love em!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm glad everyone has had the opportunity to save a few bucks on these.
    If needed, go ahead and blame it on me!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • BbqDave
    BbqDave Posts: 10
    Options

Ordered a 65 last night.  Best price I've ever seen.  Interesting side note - all their products now only have a 30 day warranty.  The coolers use to have a seven year warranty.  That's a heck of a change.  I contacted them to confirm, and sadly, all their products are now only warrantied for 30 days.  Be sure to thoroughly test all of your new coolers ASAP.

Tega Cay, SC - Large & Medium BGEs w/ KABs, Plate Setters & Pizza Stones
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I jumped on last night to buy a 65.  Prices were back to normal.  That's probably a good thing, I have about 10 coolers.