Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whatcha cooking for tonight's BIG EVENT?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
      How about the government response to Hurricane Katrina?  Also his fault?

No, the pathetic government response to Katrina was because of Governor Blanco. Even CNN's Tom Foreman said the slow response was because of "decisional paralysis of the Mayor and the Governor."
    It's always the Democrat's fault.  More conservative responsibility.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Bless your little heart.  The whole 'bush is responsible' argument is tired my man.  It's been 8 years. 
    Right.  How can I forget, after 8 years, nobody's responsible for anything that happened on their watch.  That's conservative responsibility, in a nutshell.

Somehow I think the ACA is still going to be called "Obamacare" well past eight years from now, when the GOP is trying to repeal it with their 538th vote on the bill in the House.
    LOL... You're blaming bush for 8 years of bad obama policies. So, that would mean liberal responsibility is blaming their predecessors for everything they do wrong?  Funny how that works isn't it?  You're making this too easy man.  Just go to bed and bring down that blood pressure @JohnInCarolina
    What are these bad policies you refer to?  How much of the debt increase since 2008 is due to Obama?  All of it in your view?  Does Congress hold zero responsibility over the same window?  Or is it just the fault of the Democrats since they were in power for the first two?
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Lol... try harder at what?

You get really worked up over things when people disagree with you. Should think about settling down. It's not good for your health to be angry so much of your
    HeavyG said:
    yljkt said:
    Bulletproof logic there. 
    I am sure you understood my point, but in case you did not, I will explain it. Part of the problem you say is Fannie and Freddie Mac. That is true. You say that tax cuts are part of the problem, that is your opinion. 
    Here's the chart again.  I don't think you really grasped it the first time around:

It would appear tax cuts are the biggest slice of the pie on the provided chart. It also says so at the top of the chart. 
    Look at the chart. Digest what it is contending. Look at the dates.  Now consider the source and the timelines again. This is rubbish. Obviously. Consider how the data was analyzed. Consider the opportunities to manipulate the conclusions. Consider the accuracy of these charts in the past. This is just a small part of the propaganda machine. Meant to be digested by unwitting sheep. 
    Yeah...only one side in these debates has a propaganda machine manipulating/cherry picking data...yeah...
    It's the same kind of trope brought out to "refute" climate scientists.  "JUST THINK OF ALL THE OPPORTUNITIES TO MANIPULATE THE DATA!!!"
    If it is true science and the data is so clean, how can they be so wrong so often? I mean profoundly wrong. I'm just astounded that people accept this drivel as anything other than the crap it is. To quote another "durp, durp, durp, durp"  or something like that. The real tragedy is even if they might accidentally be correct about something, they have so badly mishandled their own integrity, that it's likely useless. 
    What are they "wrong" about?  I think your expectation is that somehow scientists should be capable of making perfect predictions, but this is a misunderstanding about how science and theory works.
    Did you just say Theory? That's exactly correct. It's theory. Now explain how theories are derived good professor. Then explain what happens to theories as time marches forward, generally speaking of course. Maybe you could conclude with how many facts and non facts and other assumed variables go into these theories, admittedly, usually with good intention (not always though). Good talk.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    edited September 2016
    Options

Bless your little heart.  The whole 'bush is responsible' argument is tired my man.  It's been 8 years. 
    Right.  How can I forget, after 8 years, nobody's responsible for anything that happened on their watch.  That's conservative responsibility, in a nutshell.

Somehow I think the ACA is still going to be called "Obamacare" well past eight years from now, when the GOP is trying to repeal it with their 538th vote on the bill in the House.
    LOL... You're blaming bush for 8 years of bad obama policies. So, that would mean liberal responsibility is blaming their predecessors for everything they do wrong?  Funny how that works isn't it?  You're making this too easy man.  Just go to bed and bring down that blood pressure @JohnInCarolina
    What are these bad policies you refer to?  How much of the debt increase since 2008 is due to Obama?  All of it in your view?  Does Congress hold zero responsibility over the same window?  Or is it just the fault of the Democrats since they were in power for the first two?
    Don't you remember when the Dems had the congress too. I mean a super majority! Should have corrected it all. Delusion. So, when the Dems have congress and a repub is prez, it's the congresses fault or is that only work your way. 
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    edited September 2016
    Options

No, the pathetic government response to Katrina was because of Governor Blanco. Even CNN's Tom Foreman said the slow response was because of "decisional paralysis of the Mayor and the Governor."
    Once again.... Bless your little heart... Do you honestly not see the hypocrisy in your statements?

We can blame our predecessor even after we have held office for 8 years.  But if anybody blames us they're WRONG!

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

Don't you remember when the Dems had the congress too. I mean a super majority! Should have corrected it all. Delusion. 
    Uhm... that is literally what I mentioned in my last sentence there Einstein.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Once again.... Bless your little heart... Do you honestly not see the hypocrisy in your statements?

I'm assuming that there is blame to spread around.  You're the one insisting that Obama is the only one responsible for the debt increase under his watch.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    Just one example, Katrina made landfall on Monday. Blanco was catching heat for not deploying troops. On Wednesday Blanco was saying that she had asked Bush for federal troops on Monday. The problem with that is, just a few minutes before she said that, a camera left in a room next to the podium in the communication center caught Blanco talking to her aide Denise Bottcher. On the tape Blanco said I really should have called for the troops on Monday. Bottcher responded "yes, you should have." You might wonder why Blanco did not deploy her own National Guard. After admitting she should ask for federal troops she said the reason she did not ask for troops, nor deploy the Guard was because she did not want to put troops in harms way. Some say she could not deploy the Guard was because they were all in Iraq. When she testified before congress she had to admit that over 70% of the Guard was home in the state. 
    They all messed up, but she pooped the bed.
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    edited September 2016
    Options

I'm assuming that there is blame to spread around.  You're the one insisting that Obama is the only one responsible for the debt increase under his watch.  
    " Part is due to obama's policies, but the majority is due to bush"

That's very big of you spreading around that blame......Especially after obama has held office for 8 years.  He only gets a small part, and the majority goes to his predecessor... /clap for you being such a big human being and taking responsibility....

Go to bed child.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Donald Trump just said he did black Americans a favor by questioning the legitimacy of the 1st black President.  Unreal.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,948
    edited September 2016
    Options

That was in reference to the chart.  You can disagree with the data all you want, but that's a fair interpretation of what's presented there.  

Go to bed child.
    LOL.  I'm not the one who's getting tired and cranky here old man.  

Well at least we're making progress here, as you're now admitting how dumb that graphic was.  
  • bhedges1987
    Options

That was in reference to the chart.  You can disagree with the data all you want, but that's a fair interpretation of what's presented there.  

Go to bed child.

Well at least we're making progress here, as you're now admitting how dumb that graphic was.  
    Teehee, you've been cranky since I posted that debt picture earlier.  You can admit it.  We all sensed the anger in your typing.  Poor little thing.  

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    yljkt said:
    Bulletproof logic there. 
    I am sure you understood my point, but in case you did not, I will explain it. Part of the problem you say is Fannie and Freddie Mac. That is true. You say that tax cuts are part of the problem, that is your opinion. 
    Here's the chart again.  I don't think you really grasped it the first time around:

It would appear tax cuts are the biggest slice of the pie on the provided chart. It also says so at the top of the chart. 
    Look at the chart. Digest what it is contending. Look at the dates.  Now consider the source and the timelines again. This is rubbish. Obviously. Consider how the data was analyzed. Consider the opportunities to manipulate the conclusions. Consider the accuracy of these charts in the past. This is just a small part of the propaganda machine. Meant to be digested by unwitting sheep. 
    Yeah...only one side in these debates has a propaganda machine manipulating/cherry picking data...yeah...
    I will admit... I am impressed with someone on the left side admitting that the manipulation of data is on both sides of the table and not just the conservative side. Witnessing evolution first hand right here.
    Well, that's not quite what I was trying to articulate.

What I hear so often from "the other side" is that if data is coming from a "liberal" it is ipso facto fake/propaganda/manipulated/garbage/"political"/etc.

The chart from @JohnInCarolina is not just some made up liberal fantasy its derived from actual data and credible economic forecasting. I'm guessing the same chart from The Heritage Foundation probably wouldn't look too different (tho I imagine they might blame it on something else).

It's pretty simple tho to understand that when you enact sizable tax cuts while simultaneously wasting a few trillion dollars on a misguided war that ends up being reflected in the national debt.

But what do I know? I could be wrong. It could all be Obamas fault. I mean after all, someone from "the other side" here earlier said that Obama added 20 trillion dollars to the debt. So that must be true right? :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    You are so right Heavy G, someone on the "other side" either misspoke, or has their facts wrong. So that means everything we say is wrong. Got it.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:
    yljkt said:
    Bulletproof logic there. 

I will admit... I am impressed with someone on the left side admitting that the manipulation of data is on both sides of the table and not just the conservative side. Witnessing evolution first hand right here.
    Well, that's not quite what I was trying to articulate.

What I hear so often from "the other side" is that if data is coming from a "liberal" it is ipso facto fake/propaganda/manipulated/garbage/"political"/etc.

The chart from @JohnInCarolina is not just some made up liberal fantasy its derived from actual data and credible economic forecasting. I'm guessing the same chart from The Heritage Foundation probably wouldn't look too different (tho I imagine they might blame it on something else).

It's pretty simple tho to understand that when you enact sizable tax cuts while simultaneously wasting a few trillion dollars on a misguided war that ends up being reflected in the national debt.

But what do I know? I could be wrong. It could all be Obamas fault. I mean after all, someone from "the other side" here earlier said that Obama added 20 trillion dollars to the debt. So that must be true right? :)

No no no! That's impossible!!! LOL.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,948
    edited September 2016
    Options

Go to bed child.

Teehee, you've been cranky since I posted that debt picture earlier.  You can admit it.  We all sensed the anger in your typing.  Poor little thing.  
    Typical.  Why do conservatives always resort to name-calling when they start losing arguments?!?!?
  • bhedges1987
    Options

Go to bed child.

What's entertaining about this is that you're obviously out of arguments, so you're just resorting to name calling.  Why do conservatives always resort to name-calling when they start losing arguments?!?!?
    Name calling....???? Sorry, I didn't realize saying " Child " hurt your feelings.

I sincerely apologize.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options

jic said "That was in reference to the chart.  You can disagree with the data all you want, but that's a fair interpretation of what's presented there."

Bhedges, we have charts and graphs to back us up, so F@#* OFF!!!!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Blanco was also a big part of the problem.  I call it as I see it without a ideological filter.  Amazing we put a man on the moon.  (In all fairness that was engineers and scientists).  OR WAS IT A HOAX?!
    Definitely a hoax.  All scientists had to rely on were a bunch of "theories" so there's no way we could've actually landed on the moon.  Too many wrong scientists and engineers walking around at NASA.
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    Blanco was also a big part of the problem.  I call it as I see it without a ideological filter.  Amazing we put a man on the moon.  (In all fairness that was engineers and scientists).  OR WAS IT A HOAX?!
    Half of it was done on a Hollywood set and the other half in the Mojave, everyone knows that. Oh, and Elvis killed JFK.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Go to bed child.

What's entertaining about this is that you're obviously out of arguments, so you're just resorting to name calling.  Why do conservatives always resort to name-calling when they start losing arguments?!?!?
    Name calling....???? Sorry, I didn't realize saying " Child " hurt your feelings.

I sincerely apologize.
    No apology needed.  You didn't hurt anything, I'm just pointing out that this sort of condescension isn't a substitute for an argument.
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    NASA gets some stuff right. Also, they know how to play the system. Back when we actually launched shuttles, they made parts for it all over the country. If you send them up and land them in Florida, why be so spread out? The senate controls the budget, so you have senators all over the country voting yes (until the program was shelved). 
    So they work the system and are considered smart, Trump works the system and is a tax cheat.
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    jic calling someone else condescending? 
    Pot calling kettle, come in kettle.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    NASA gets some stuff right. Also, they know how to play the system. Back when we actually launched shuttles, they made parts for it all over the country. If you send them up and land them in Florida, why be so spread out? The senate controls the budget, so you have senators all over the country voting yes (until the program was shelved). 
    So they work the system and are considered smart, Trump works the system and is a tax cheat.
    Trump is just like NASA!  Thanks for the laugh. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I can get away with the condescension because I'm a lot smarter than you mouth breathers.

When are you going to post a cook by the way?  I see you've been here for awhile now but no cooks posted.  Why is that?
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    Trump is just like NASA!  Thanks for the laugh. 
    How in the world did you interpret that to mean that I am saying trump is just like nasa? Are you truly that intellectually dishonest?
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    I can get away with the condescension because I'm a lot smarter than you mouth breathers.

When are you going to post a cook by the way?  I see you've been here for awhile now but no cooks posted.  Why is that?
    What are you, the post police? Is there an x cook post minimum? Why would the amount of cooking posts I do or not do bother you?