Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bge Tree rat and fancy wine.

Comments

• Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    It's Friday! Let the fun begin.
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Wow...just wow...
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    This a list from Jimmy. ...  All the Yuqem labels came off but we can put them on.

... 2 Yuqem Yellow wine from 1959 2 of them. two of them that is from 1945 to.
    Um, if those are Chateau d'Yquem Sauterne, they're completely awful, valueless, and no one would want to drink them, especially if the labels came off.  And besides, they're old, you know what I mean?  People want their wine fresh, not dusty old stuff!  But only as a favor to a fellow BGE guy, I'll reluctantly take them off your hands, and I won't even charge you for it.  Heck, I'll even pay for shipping! It's a heck of a deal I'm offering you -- they're just going to collect dust and waste valuable space.   Just let me know.

;)
  • This is pure gold!!! Too funny, haven't laughed that hard in a long time! Thanks for bumping it to share with us newbies
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    I haven't read all the post, but I remember many years ago my uncle the wine connoisseur saying you don't chill red wine.  I didn't tell him I like Strawberry Hill cold or I would have never heard the end of it.  =)  
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Bump for Fri. nite.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Who is this woman?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Who is this woman?

Oh no.....
  • That's 'Dave's' mom. 

Took me longer than i care to admit to photoshop the lasagna in to fit the story
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Carolina Q
    I know it's Dave's mom. Eating her birthday lasagna. I just wondered who she is really. Your cousin? Rodney's neighbor? Some unknown victim from Google? Doesn't matter of course. Just curious.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Wow. Just wow. I'm a newbie here, but plan to stick around for a while... Especially with posts like this! 

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• JacksDad said:

Wow. Just wow. I'm a newbie here, but plan to stick around for a while... Especially with posts like this! 

But I have yet to click on the "OT - What are you doing right now?" thread... I'm an "inbox zero" kinda guy, and the thought of 11.7K unread posts (!) would drive me crazy...

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited September 2016
    I know it's Dave's mom. Eating her birthday lasagna. I just wondered who she is really. Your cousin? Rodney's neighbor? Some unknown victim from Google? 
    Zippy's dominatrix

nah. Just a random google "woman eating on couch" (safe search on!) hahaha. Plus the lasagna

Was an embarrassing amount of time.

Changed all the advertisement phone numbers to west virginia area codes

'shopped wine bottles onto the dirty counter and labels onto the herb garden edging. And 'shopped a large BGE onto some garden cart pic

everything else was googled

tried to log onto dave's account last night but apparently we scuttled it. Have to scuttle these things every couple years and do a reset
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    edited September 2016
     Really enjoyed this post thanks for bumping favorite quote, "Jimmy and me went out for a half hour Monday and kicked butt out there" then the pic of the squirrels... 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Looks good.
    I miss Dave. :(

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I need to try this.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    great post, i've been looking for a good recipe with squirrel given how plentiful and tasty they are.  good wine story too.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • tjosborne
    tjosborne Posts: 529
    **** a right. 
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Sounds like Stump Baby may have left some "seed" behind in his travels!
  • Troll school advanced class
  • Troll school advanced class
    Master Class. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Carolina Q
    edited December 2017
    I miss @stike too. =)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Troll school advanced class
    Master Class. 
    LOL

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Darby was great.  This thread is another treasure.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • One of the funniest damn things I’ve read, anywhere.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Carolina Q
    bgebrent said:
    Big Green Dave, Darby Crenshaw, Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker, Justine Casey Feldown... more I'm sure... are all @stike. Loved reading his BS. =)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    bgebrent said:
    Big Green Dave, Darby Crenshaw, Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker, Justine Casey Feldown... more I'm sure... are all @stike. Loved reading his BS. =)
    Yep, one of the best.  Talked with him a few times.  Miss him here.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Big green Dave is worth reading all of his discussions. Especially after knowing it’s really stike 
    Snellville, GA