Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    One of our cats caught a wild animal so we butchered it and made some dinner.

Options

Options
    One of our cats caught a wild animal so we butchered it and made some dinner.

You butchered your cat, because it caught a wild animal!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Zactly
    Options
    Watching the BBQ Crawl series on the Travel Channel. Noticed this at the end of the credits:

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    Hard to have a bad day when you start the day off watching The Sandlot. One of my favorites 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Glad you are having a good day. You must have gotten rid of "The $hit" you got the other day. ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Waiting for a tire to be patched.  Flat tire Thursday, dead battery yesterday.  Fun times :)
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    Options
    Waiting for a tire to be patched.  Flat tire Thursday, dead battery yesterday.  Fun times :)
    Cracked windshields won't be far behind.
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    That reminds me, my inspection sticker just expired so I have to ante up $750 for a new windshield to pass inspection.
    Options
    DMW said:
    Just came down to my basement bar and discovered this.

Guess I'll be looking for a leak tomorrow...
    Hey Dwayne at least it's a drop ceiling and not Sheetrock. Should be a fairly easy leak to locate and ceiling repair as easy as replacing one or two inserts. Hopefully it's nothing crazy buddy. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    That reminds me, my inspection sticker just expired so I have to ante up $750 for a new windshield to pass inspection.
    Sadly, this site does not provide a "that sucks" button...
    New Orleans LA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    DMW said:
    Just came down to my basement bar and discovered this.

Guess I'll be looking for a leak tomorrow...
    Hey Dwayne at least it's a drop ceiling and not Sheetrock. Should be a fairly easy leak to locate and ceiling repair as easy as replacing one or two inserts. Hopefully it's nothing crazy buddy. 
    Discovered some AC tubing up there that wasn't wrapped. This showed up after a really hot few days. Right now the theory is condensation.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Throw a baseball through the windshield then call your insurance and tell them a neighborhood kid accidentally did it. Free windshield and no "at fault" rating against you. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac - nothing like the new hood to bring new challenges.  Once you see your way clear of the movers things will fall into place...or we can hope  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    Changed oil in "Pig", mowed lawn, showered, and still trying to cool off.

German Engineering: it takes five different socket sizes to change the oil in my beemer bike; this does not include the oil filter wrench.   :|

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @Botch - Last time I changed my beemer's oil, I didn't have a new crush washer so I re-used the old one.  Big mistake.  I just cleaned up a huge oil slick yesterday at the warehouse.  I got another washer from a buddy who also has a GS, but haven't put it in yet.
    Options
    ^^^ I wouldn't have guessed they were that critical, I've re-used them on my cages several times; thanks for the warning!
    I buy my filters from beemerboneyard.com, as you can buy them with a new crush washer taped to the box; I like that.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Drinking a Guinness and watching the Olympics.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    SGH said:
    Throw a baseball through the windshield then call your insurance and tell them a neighborhood kid accidentally did it. Free windshield and no "at fault" rating against you. 
    I think the Gipper would frown upon insurance fraud. 
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Nicely done sir!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Finally installed cabinet hardware after 11 months of indecision by the boss. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Finally installed cabinet hardware after 11 months of indecision by the boss. 
    Backsplash?...
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @Jeremiah narrowed down to 3 different tiles. After 20+ yrs together I'm accustomed to the long decision process...
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Made wings on max with my new grid. This sauce combo might have gathered me a vote or two a few weeks ago.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Getting closer.  Strike Industries Link foregrip didn't work out on the free floated RRA handguard.  Scope, mount, and Dueck Defense secondaries are tits though.  Had the X-400 in the safe....why the Fock not.  

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Hotch said:
    Nicely done sir!
    Thanks @Hotch.  So much better to drink, spectate, and take pics. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."