Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    I have a couple spatchcock chickens on the AR and have twice baked potatoes waiting to get warmed back up. It's finally football season! Go Colts! 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    L&S my first Berkshire shoulder (also first boneless and first Rockwood cook) while waiting to go get our daughter at the airport. Can't wait to see her after Spring semester abroad in Spain and summer internship in Chicago but now we get her home for 2 1/2 weeks before she goes back to college!

6 hours on at 230 - 240, IT 150
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Icing a sting. Ba$tard stung me on my back shoulder.  I think it was a hornet.  Lot bigger than a Yellowjacket, black, but faster and smaller than a bumblebee.  Thing is I was not able to focus on it as I ran otherwise I would know for sure. 
    Hurts like hell and swelling up pretty good. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Icing a sting. Ba$tard stung me on my back shoulder.  I think it was a hornet.  Lot bigger than a Yellowjacket, black, but faster and smaller than a bumblebee.  Thing is I was not able to focus on it as I ran otherwise I would know for sure. 
    I was once told make a paste with some meat tenderizer.. That draws the sting out.. Yep they will light you up for sure.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Egged a pizza (thin crust take and bake) I read somewhere to do the plate setter legs up, and put the pizza stone on the grate rather than my usual legs down stone on the plate. Crust came out soft and doughy and cheese was burning. I'm going back to legs down stone on plate setter. I had the dome temp at about 530
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Braggart
    Braggart Posts: 238
    Options
    Youngest turning 18...today actually.  Had a surprise party for the boy yesterday.  

Threw a couple of butts on the egg Friday night around 9pm, thought I'd check for temp before heading off to bed at midnight.  

Walked out onto my deck, came face to face with a huffing black bear who was interested in exactly what that smell was.

He bolted, but I knew he'd be back...so I turned off the house lights and waited until 1:30am-ish (watching TV).  Sure enough he was creeping around just off the deck, so I hit him square on with a high lumen flashlite beam.  He turned and ran, this time with dogs in tow, back into the bush.

Butts came off at 3pm, pulled like butter.  Played pickleball in the rain.  Egged 4-5 pizzas at 7pm (teens need to eat every 3 hours or so).  Kids took off around 10pm to hit the clubs in the city( ahh, to be young again), while the adults stayed up to play board games.

Today, just recovering.

Large BGE
    MMax BGE
    Weber gasser
    3 Dogs
    No neighbours 
    Living in Canada's bush
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Helping SWMBO pack for a work trip and pondering what I'm going to cook and eat while she's gone.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @Acn -  whatever you want is on the menu.  If there are things SWMBO doesn't like then here is your window of opportunity.  Maximize the window.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Acn -  whatever you want is on the menu.  If there are things SWMBO doesn't like then here is your window of opportunity.  Maximize the window.  
    I plan like that, and then usually eat Ramen and almost starve. I think a cat does better alone than me.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Just finished the lawn and dinner.  Now enjoying an ice cold diet A&W root beer.  Dinner was a $1.72 four-pack of chicken quarters.  Smoked with olive wood and finished with Blues Hog Tennessee Red.  

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Just finished the lawn and dinner.  Now enjoying an ice cold diet A&W root beer.  Dinner was a $1.72 four-pack of chicken quarters.  Smoked with olive wood and finished with Blues Hog Tennessee Red.  

Those look great brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    I was once told make a paste with some meat tenderizer.. That draws the sting out.. Yep they will light you up for sure.
    Thanks man. I know that trick. I was a lifeguard in what seems like a different life and we always did that. I never knew why, and I do not know if it is a placebo effect or not, but that is what we did today as well. 

A good thing that came of this: my wife after applying the paste if she could get me anything.  
    "A beer" I said, and a minute later it was in hand.  I got the rest of the afternoon off.!  
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Took a trip up to the northern part of the lower peninsula of Michigan where I saw a hop field for the first time.  The Old Mission Peninsula used to be covered with fruit trees.  Then some folks started growing grapes and making wine because the weather seems to be perfect for some varieties.  Lately, some farmers have been growing hops also.

Had a rock come up from the construction truck in front of me on the trip back home.  The damn thing had the most beautiful curve as it came towards the windshield.  Yep, watched it all the way to the windshield ... well, except for the last split second when self defense took over.

That's about an eight inch circle.  I'd claim that Ozzie's bad luck rubbed off on me, but since the rock didn't make it through I count myself lucky.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Did a couple spatch with some rice and black beans in the instant OT all covered in Alabama white sauce. Good stuff.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Yall have been killing me with all the tri-tip posts. So I did one tonight. 
    Any juicier and you'd need a bowl.   :o

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @acn next time go with blow job
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Just finished eating some spatchcock chicken, twice egged potatoes, and cucumber onion salad. No football game... Booo

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Heading out to the lake.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Editing vacation photos.  And drinking.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Made spaghetti and biscuits tonight. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    "Cupping" sure means something different than it used to. #olympics
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    "Cupping" sure means something different than it used to. #olympics
    No joy on the lake?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Got back from the lake and had some burgers and dogs to grill. Was lazy and hungry decided to use a gas grill instead of a kettle.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Finished the day painting and setting cabinets. This old house has no floor that is level nor any wall square to the floor or adjacent wall.
    Oh well. Help has been paramount.9
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Thinking about dinner this weekend.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin