Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Mashed out at 107 down a country road in a new Charger, blastin Snoop's "Wiggle".

Badass car, power, handling, straight as an arrow.  Still had more room in the pedal.  Feels like you're idling at 45mph.  No wonder why I get passed by so many cars on the interstate going 70 in these newer cars. Lol

Ol' Blue would either explode, or bounce all over the place and end up in the ditch.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Those deer and other wildlife can come outta nowhere on country roads, @Focker.  Be careful brother.  
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Focker said:
    Mashed out at 107 down a country road in a new Charger, blastin Snoop's "Wiggle".

Badass car, power, handling, straight as an arrow.  Still had more room in the pedal.  Feels like you're idling at 45mph.  No wonder why I get passed by so many cars on the interstate going 70 in these newer cars. Lol

Ol' Blue would either explode, or bounce all over the place and end up in the ditch.
    In the gutter is ok....but stay out of those ditches. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    When I'm looking for the 3 digit serious clean-out I wimp out and cruise between two Interstate exits (about 1.5 miles apart in the countryside) at trooper shift-change Sunday AM.  All clear then hammer it-gotta admit the shift from 5th to 6th at 120+ is exciting to say the least.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Spent part of the morning with a large group of white nosed coatis. Apparently, they aren't sighted much here because of the ground cover. 

Cell phone shot. Hopefully some better ones on the camera. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Sweating.  Working on das boot.

Options
    @nolaegghead -  from the looks of your fleet, it would become a one-time das boot.  Always keep the number of surfaces equal or greater than the number of dives.  Basic submarine survival rule.  ;)  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Looks like you are in for some great eats @lousubcap!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @DMW - I am planning on it but the plan and actual may have a wide variance. Regardless, it's all about the day-enjoy with your family.  
  • DMW
    Options
    @SGH - Congrats, change can be difficult and a bit intimidating, but I'm sure you will chart a path that works. Best of luck.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    @SGH - Glad you were able walk away on your own terms, and good to hear that you have a great attitude about the future. Godspeed.
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Moved on to the rain forest/volcano at Arenal

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

Drinking in Loudoun County, VA.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    Cleaning up from a successful brisket cook.

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Okay -  made it to the promised land with a pic-  Dang banquet contained within that shot.  As my son said, cuts like buttah.  Enjoy the day.

Looks like a big pile of money my friend.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    Options
    Digesting beef chuck ribs and wine :-)
    More meat please !! :-)
  • DMW
    Options
    Took my wife and boys here http://justmomsgrille.com/ tonight. The plan was they would get food and ice cream and I'd just get ice cream as I was not that hungry after lunch today. Well... I saw the Rodeo Fries on the menu and...

Steak fries, fried onions, bacon, onion straw, BBQ sauce, and cheddar cheese. As I was eating I thought to myself, this would be pretty good drunk food.

The rest I brought home to test the theory sometime in the short term future.

And I also ended up snacking on the kids pizza and my wife's Santa Fe Chicken steak sandwich. And then I was too full for ice cream. So much for plans.

I will be attempting to recreate the Rodeo Fries, too good to have to drive 15 minutes to get.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Focker
    Options
    Son got some early 9th B-Day stuff, hat and guitar.

Dad pulled in some serious hardware yesterday at a mustache and beard comp in Galesburg's Orpheum Theater, called Shave For The Brave.  Proceeds go to Honor Flight QC.  He won best mustache.  He has had it since Nam, never shaved it off.  So happy for him.  He just asked me to accompany him, and my uncle Ray, on their Honor Flight as their guardian with my aunt Arlene .  Both have cancer.  Truly honored.  A great Father's Day.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Focker said:

Dad pulled in some serious hardware yesterday at a mustache and beard comp in Galesburg's Orpheum Theater, called Shave For The Brave.  Proceeds go to Honor Flight QC.  He won best mustache.  He has had it since Nam, never shaved it off.  So happy for him.  He just asked me to accompany him, and my uncle Ray, on their Honor Flight as their guardian with my aunt Arlene .  Both have cancer.  Truly honored.  A great Father's Day.

Really cool. Enjoy your time together. 
  • Focker
    Options
    Focker said:

Thanks Pete.  Our oncologists thought it was funny he scheduled his chemo around this comp.  They'll get a kick out of this Tuesday when we're there, and he shows them pics. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• wbradking
    wbradking Posts: 351
    edited June 2016
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Just got back from Centre College, which is hosting the Governor's Scholar Program. Only 36 were chosen from over 4000 applicants. Our son recieved offers for both architectural design and visual arts. Only the second student in the program's 40 years to receive multiple offers. We are very proud parents, his gift has got to be from his mother.
    Congrats @YukonRon you must be proud.  However I'm sorry you had to lower yourself to go to Centre.  Transylvania grad here. ;)
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,045
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Just got back from Centre College, which is hosting the Governor's Scholar Program. Only 36 were chosen from over 4000 applicants. Our son recieved offers for both architectural design and visual arts. Only the second student in the program's 40 years to receive multiple offers. We are very proud parents, his gift has got to be from his mother.
    Congratulations!!  That is definitely worth being proud about.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Focker said:
    Focker said:

Thanks Pete.  Our oncologists thought it was funny he scheduled his chemo around this comp.  They'll get a kick out of this Tuesday when we're there, and he shows them pics. 
    Hell, I'd bring the trophy too. Way cool!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    wbradking said:
    YukonRon said:
    Congrats @YukonRon you must be proud.  However I'm sorry you had to lower yourself to go to Centre.  Transylvania grad here. ;)
    Transy girls were easy. UK grad here. Just kidding, or am I? B)
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @SGH - Change is a challenge but with the right approach it always works out.  Never forget how and why you made the move.  You will emerge victorious in this latest go-round just as in the past.  Winners always rise to the top.  Go forth and do great things as I know you will.  Best wishes -
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Focker -  congrats to your dad, especially on Father's Day.  And Honor Flight is a tremendous program.  I serve on the board of the Honor Flight Bluegrass chapter (Louisville. KY) and have made several flights to DC.  Every trip is more powerful than the last.