Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Eggscuses
    Eggscuses Posts: 399
    Options
    Dog started barking like the beast she is. Got up to see what all the fuss was.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    @YukonRon -  the SRF is trimmed, seasoned and chilling until showtime early Sunday AM.  And I do have a baseball around here with Nolan Ryan's signature- I won't trade ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    University of Kentucky head football coach Mark Stoops using the BGE to grill out for his offense. It will be for sale at the end of the season if he does not make it to a bowl. I will offer $350.00, for everything, and will pick it up.
    If he's trying to feed the offense with just that, it will be for sale, after allowing a record setting number of sacks this year.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    While in Asheville ran across a guy that hand makes cutting boards and pizza peels. Needed a nice peel. Here is a nice sycamore peel. Light and short. 

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Botch -  you have waaaaay more patience than me.  I would have blown a gasket after your first post.  The time value for you is likely getting close to equalizing any perceived benefits from your current carrier.  And will it get better down the road??
    BTW -  I would never go down the I-phone road.  Too much corporate control for simple 'ol me.  Good luck-
    My patience ended when my "projects" did; I'm still letting the phone sit "on Hold" in the back room (I'm at 7 hours 50 minutes now) as ammo for my angry note when I return the smartphone.  I'm done with Tracfone.
    Now I need to decide whether to go with someone else, or just not have a phone; I really don't use it enough to even be worth $99/YEAR... 

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Botch
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @Eggscuses:  Where do you live??  I don't want to visit there (nothing personal), damn thing even has a headlight!!  
    :scream:

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I'm drunk as hell and frying Popeye mullet and catfish. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Captain_Paul
    Captain_Paul Posts: 138
    Options
    Beer brats and baked beans on the Minimax after a day of fly fishing the Cumberland River. 
    LBGE, Minimax
    Owensboro, Kentucky
    Go Cats!
  • Eggscuses
    Eggscuses Posts: 399
    Options
    Botch said:
    @Eggscuses:  Where do you live??  I don't want to visit there (nothing personal), damn thing even has a headlight!!  
    :scream:
    I'm in Shelton Ct. I'm not sure I want to live here anymore.. Gonna be a long night tonight. Lol
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Botch said:
    lousubcap said:
    @Botch -  you have waaaaay more patience than me.  I would have blown a gasket after your first post.  The time value for you is likely getting close to equalizing any perceived benefits from your current carrier.  And will it get better down the road??
    BTW -  I would never go down the I-phone road.  Too much corporate control for simple 'ol me.  Good luck-
    My patience ended when my "projects" did; I'm still letting the phone sit "on Hold" in the back room (I'm at 7 hours 50 minutes now) as ammo for my angry note when I return the smartphone.  I'm done with Tracfone.
    Now I need to decide whether to go with someone else, or just not have a phone; I really don't use it enough to even be worth $99/YEAR... 

That's insane @Botch.  Have a drink my friend and enjoy your saturday night.  If you're like me, you are looking to throat punch someone after all that.
    Phoenix 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    University of Kentucky head football coach Mark Stoops using the BGE to grill out for his offense. It will be for sale at the end of the season if he does not make it to a bowl. I will offer $350.00, for everything, and will pick it up.
    And this I love!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    And this I love!
    I suspect that there are multiple recruiting violations going on here...
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    And this I love!
    All day long ****, it's how we win year after year ;)
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Wow, dudes got a nice spot there, although kind of a sausage fest.  If i had a place like that, I'd want it to look more like this

Phoenix 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Had a wonderful night at the F.C. Cincinnati game!  I will get season tickets for the family next season.

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• bgebrent
    Options
    blasting said:
    YukonRon said:

Wow, dudes got a nice spot there, although kind of a sausage fest.  If i had a place like that, I'd want it to look more like this

As a formal Kentucky Ambassador, you sir are invited onto our GO UK team!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Spent the evening on a night hike thru the cloud forest. Rained like hell the whole time. Drying out after a mediocre meal. 

• Botch
    Options

@theyolksonyou, your sig says you live in NW GA, but that fireplace looks very SW....?  

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @YukonRon -  the SRF is trimmed, seasoned and chilling until showtime early Sunday AM.  And I do have a baseball around here with Nolan Ryan's signature- I won't trade ;)
    My respect continues to grow. I think he is the last GOAT in baseball living, right?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options

bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    And this I love!
    Not enough apparantly. We have not been to a bowl in 7 years, and the schedule this year is brutal. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    edited June 2016
    Options

Legume said:
    YukonRon said:
    If he's trying to feed the offense with just that, it will be for sale, after allowing a record setting number of sacks this year.
    We might be small, but we make up for it for being fat and slow.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options

blasting said:
    YukonRon said:

Better get something in the water. What we are doing now aint getting it done.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited June 2016
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @nolaegghead beautiful cook, thank you for sharing the recipe. Outstanding presentation.
    I am curious on two things, first what can be used as a substitute, in this dish, for cilantro? I would love to make this for My Beautiful Wife, but that ingredient is not a texture or flavor the princess prefers. I am also curious as to the wine selection as well. Thinking Pinot Noir maybe?
    Again awesome cook, thank you for sharing.
    @YukonRon Thank you kind gentleman.   You can substitute parsley for the cilantro.  The wine was... (pulled the bottle out of the trash) the Montepulciano in the forefront. 
    Options
    Fat Heads Head Hunter. Next to BGE, home kegerator was one of my favorite purchases.
    LBGE; SBGE; Mak 2 Star Pellet; Weber Summit Gasser
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Just finished watching Steely Dan with the LA Philhormonic at the Hollywood Bowl. Having a cold draft beer now.....which is why I prob misspelled Phil......
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @botch current location is San Ramon, Costa Rica. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options

They ain't playing

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    That's awesome @theyolksonyou !  I have a friend who's in Monteverde right now doing a Spanish emersion program.  
  • nhk19
    nhk19 Posts: 151
    Options
    Prep'ing!  They'll go on at 1230.
    XLBGE
    Lewisburg, PA