Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Mmmmm Cake! 

Ahhh, the Diner.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,090
    Options
    Relaxing at a baseball tourney.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Waiting to get a mop chop.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,383
    Options
    Underway with the brisket preps for Father's Day.  Hope to be grounded enough to get some sliced pics on 6/19 ( a challenge if past performance is any predictor ;)  )

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Underway with the brisket preps for Father's Day.  Hope to be grounded enough to get some sliced pics on 6/19 ( a challenge if past performance is any predictor ;)  )

Keep it in low earth orbit, you should and will enjoy both the journey and the delicious brisket on the back side.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Sitting in the sun, drinking a beer, waiting for the show to start.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Hey everyone.  So yesterday I posted that I was messing with a wings gadget.

The point was to get the same crispy wings off my egg that I get off the Weber performer.  In my bourbon induced joking, some may have taken me seriously that I was developing a product, but really I was poking fun at my need to tinker.  Anyway, I'm actually happy with the result.  Crispy wings, similar to raised direct, but with much more control.  The Vortex is a solid piece of metal, and I made one of those, but I like the results from perforated metal better, which is what I've used here.  Hope it gives others ideas of their own.

Wings are Buffalo and Honey BBQ

Phoenix 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Botch said:
    77 minutes into being "on-hold" with Tracfone, trying to move my number from my '07, 2G flip phone to a new LG smartphone.
    It's good to remember in this political season that the Biggest Lie of All Time is still "Your call is very important to us."  :anguished:
    Was on Hold 1 hr 45 minutes yesterday, had to hang up for dinner w/friends.  Been on hold today 4 hours 25 minutes so far today; I'd stacked up projects ('net work, catch up on magazines/reading, cleaned my camera equipment, installed software, etc) while sitting on the phone but I'm out of stuff to do and angry.  
    I could go with a iPhone 5/Consumer Cellular, but I'd be throwing away >7,000 unused minutes, pay 3x as much for the phone, and more than double my monthly costs.  
    I really, really hate Tracfone.  I should've been able to transfer my number/minutes from one phone to another on-line, in just a couple minutes. Idiots!!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Just pulled up to the house. Spent the last 4 days in Auburn with my daughter, youngest son and grandchildren. Had a early Fathers Day for me. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Botch -  you have waaaaay more patience than me.  I would have blown a gasket after your first post.  The time value for you is likely getting close to equalizing any perceived benefits from your current carrier.  And will it get better down the road??
    BTW -  I would never go down the I-phone road.  Too much corporate control for simple 'ol me.  Good luck-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,344
    Options
    Trimming a brisket and drinking beer of course ;) 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SGH
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
     and drinking beer of course ;) 
    I'm loading the Yeti 50 down with Bud in the glass bottle as we speak. It's on tonight and tomorrow.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    edited June 2016
    Options
    SGH said:
    Just pulled up to the house. Spent the last 4 days in Auburn with my daughter, youngest son and grandchildren. Had a early Fathers Day for me. 
    @SGH, did you finally decide to root for the more worthy football team in the state?
    spending 4 days in the Loveliest Village should have cleaned a lot of that Bama out if your system. ;)
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @bgebrent i have far more business wearing a beer shirt than a golf cap!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Come on page 300. 

Packing all 6 kids and the wife.  They are headed to camp for the week. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SGH
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    @SGH, did you finally decide to root for the more worthy football team in the state?
    spending 4 days in the Loveliest Village should have cleaned a lot of that Bama out if your system. ;)
    I did not. I wore the Alabama shirt that I'm wearing now the whole time that I was up there =)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Inside of this Yeti is 48 of the finest Budweisers in the glass bottle that money can buy. Buried under 32 pounds of ice. 

Indide of this fine RTIC cooler is 18 of the finest Budweisers in the glass bottle that money can buy. Buried under 20 pounds of ice.

What's my point? I will be naked long before the sun sets today. If you would like to see it, feel free to swing bye my friends =)

Status- Standing by.

• lousubcap
    Options
    @SGH - Load neck to bottom with each bottle and you won't need to muster up the reserves.  You can power pack a cooler as I'm sure you are aware.  I'm sure you won't be disappointed that I won't be making a road trip visit this PM.  (The visuals are enough...) I am trying to not get too far into orbit tonight as I have a SRF (black only) brisket on the agenda for Sunday. 
    BTW- congrats on enjoying the early Father's Day.  And away we go!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I thought all the budweisers this summer said 'Merica on them?
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,344
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Trimmed, rubbed, and almost ready to go

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SGH
    Options
    Legume said:
    I thought all the budweisers this summer said 'Merica on them?
    None of the ones that I have bought thus far have had it on them. I bought these just minutes ago and didn't see it on any of them.  

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @SGH - Load neck to bottom with each bottle and you won't need to muster up the reserves.  You can power pack a cooler as I'm sure you are aware.  I'm sure you won't be disappointed that I won't be making a road trip visit this PM.  (The visuals are enough...) I am trying to not get too far into orbit tonight as I have a SRF (black only) brisket on the agenda for Sunday. 
    BTW- congrats on enjoying the early Father's Day.  And away we go!
    Good luck with that brisky and early HFD to you as well my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• lousubcap
    Options
    I can confirm that the past few hundred I have consumed have America on the can.   I am transitioning back to bottles in around a week or so-just as soon as SWMBO takes a hiatus for a while.   No worries, all good here.  
  • SGH
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I can confirm that the past few hundred I have consumed have America on the can.   
    Could it be that it's only going to be on the cans?

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Thawing out a little ground mullet, Popeye mullet, sand trout and catfish to go with a few ribeyes that I have. Fish and steaks, two of my personal favorites. 

Status- Standing by.

• YukonRon
    Options
    University of Kentucky head football coach Mark Stoops using the BGE to grill out for his offense. It will be for sale at the end of the season if he does not make it to a bowl. I will offer $350.00, for everything, and will pick it up.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @YukonRon - Hope it is air-gapped off the table and I'm sure you would up the price with a certified signature ;)
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
    Options
    At the Jason Mraz concert in Augusta. 
  • YukonRon
    edited June 2016
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @YukonRon - Hope it is air-gapped off the table and I'm sure you would up the price with a certified signature ;)
    Not if he don't win. I would pay more if it had Nolan Ryan's signature. 
    Not a big fan of Stoops right now. Big talker, zero results.
    How's the Black SRFdoing?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky