Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Right when ya'll think I won't use my egg anymore...

Options
Thatgrimguy
Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
I break out my Small, my pig tail flipper and a couple "prime" pork chops from the freezer! Wife made some homemade mac and cheese! This was really really good!  Oakridge Carne Crosta and a pad of Kerrygold garlic and herb butter.

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum

Comments

• SmokeLife
    Options
    Looks great.
    Large BGE
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks awesome brother. As a big unit user and advocate, I have to concede to the fact that sometimes the BGE is simply the more viable option. Keep the eggs my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    It just sounds like a case of having the right tool for the right job. Solid work.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    TBH, I left the Shirley at work. One of the Techs at the dealership is helping me wire up the trailer with LED lights.  
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Awwwwl, I knew you'd be back!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great to see brother grim!  Great looking meal.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    It's in your blood!  Chops look great!
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I still hate your yard. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Man that looks great.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,052
    Options
    Beautiful cook!!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    You still have those ceramic things...? :smirk: 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I still hate your yard. 
    Liar. 

You caught me. I'm just incredibly envious. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,649
    Options
    Oh my gawd! Them chops look amazing!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• jarc
    jarc Posts: 241
    Options
    Great looking chops MR Grim and tell Lady Grim that her mac and cheese is looking mighty tasty,

LBGE

Misplaced Cajun-----Blytheville, AR

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Great looking meal Grim.   Way to blow the dust off the green babies.

Phoenix 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I still hate your yard. 
    Liar. Nobody hates my yard. It's disney world, mixed with sea world with a bit of botanical garden mixed in. When you pull in doves are released and a gaggle of geese show up to guide you to your parking place.
    You bought Never never Land?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    I still hate your yard. 
    Liar. Nobody hates my yard. It's disney world, mixed with sea world with a bit of botanical garden mixed in. When you pull in doves are released and a gaggle of geese show up to guide you to your parking place.
    You bought Never never Land?
    Pshhh. Neverland Ranch has nothing on Lickskillet Landing!

Ok.... so maybe a FEW things.
  • wbradking
    Options
    That looks more like cheese and Mac.  Looks over the top!
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    That....looks....so....good.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• chadpsualum
    Options
    That looks great!  That mac-n-cheese is money.
    North Pittsburgh, PA
    1 LGE
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Looks great.  I haven't used my egg for a few weeks but its going to be in the 60's this week, so I need to cook something over the weekend.  Guess I messed that you have a another larger smoker, but if it is on a trailer, that is sometimes to much work to fire up for a couple pork chops or steaks.  I would like a big stand alone smoker, but it is not needed yet, maybe if I start competing on my own I may get something, but for now just the Egg and WSM.

Oh, I am envious of your back yard as well, but mine isn't to bad.  Doesn't look like this right now, but spring is on its way.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yep, I was in awe with the picture.  And, was starting to dream with your description - love the sound of doves - but, then you proceeded to kill the dream.  On one of those first six days, God created the most perfect sh*t producing machine and He called it geese.

Pssst ... the chops look great ...

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Yep, I was in awe with the picture.  And, was starting to dream with your description - love the sound of doves - but, then you proceeded to kill the dream.  On one of those first six days, God created the most perfect sh*t producing machine and He called it geese.

Pssst ... the chops look great ...
    I always loved the idea of having geese on our property... till I went to a campground that had a bunch of geese... 2" turds everywhere! Looks like a stampede of cats came through the park and dropped green doodoo everywhere.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    ...except cats bury their turds.
    Thats a fine looking plate.. Chops look awesome.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,619
    Options
    I am fully expecting to see you post one chicken leg or one pork chop on that yellow submarine at some point.

Until then, fantastic looking cook despite the unclean smoke generator you used.
  • mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    Fantastic looking chops and mac n' cheese!

Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois