Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Right when ya'll think I won't use my egg anymore...

ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 3,830
I break out my Small, my pig tail flipper and a couple "prime" pork chops from the freezer! Wife made some homemade mac and cheese! This was really really good!  Oakridge Carne Crosta and a pad of Kerrygold garlic and herb butter.

Biloxi, MS
Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
The Grocery Cart
XL / Small Green Eggs

Comments

• Looks great.
    Large BGE
  • SGHSGH Posts: 24,060
    Looks awesome brother. As a big unit user and advocate, I have to concede to the fact that sometimes the BGE is simply the more viable option. Keep the eggs my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 3,564
    It just sounds like a case of having the right tool for the right job. Solid work.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven.
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 3,830
    TBH, I left the Shirley at work. One of the Techs at the dealership is helping me wire up the trailer with LED lights.  
    Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart
    XL / Small Green Eggs
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 5,681
    edited February 2016
    Awwwwl, I knew you'd be back!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,516
    Wowsa!!!
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,460
    Great to see brother grim!  Great looking meal.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,311
    It's in your blood!  Chops look great!
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • I still hate your yard. 
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 9,997
    Man that looks great.
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

Talk-in' 'bout, hey now! Hey now! I-ko, I-ko, un-day
    Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né

• Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 8,778
    Beautiful cook!!
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Blackstone Griddle
  • DMWDMW Posts: 12,463
    You still have those ceramic things...? :smirk: 
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • I still hate your yard. 
    Liar. 

You caught me. I'm just incredibly envious. 
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 4,005
    Oh my gawd! Them chops look amazing!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• jarcjarc Posts: 241
    Great looking chops MR Grim and tell Lady Grim that her mac and cheese is looking mighty tasty,

LBGE

Misplaced Cajun-----Blytheville, AR

• blastingblasting Posts: 5,482

Great looking meal Grim.   Way to blow the dust off the green babies.

Phoenix 
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 6,925
    I still hate your yard. 
    Liar. Nobody hates my yard. It's disney world, mixed with sea world with a bit of botanical garden mixed in. When you pull in doves are released and a gaggle of geese show up to guide you to your parking place.
    You bought Never never Land?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    Chubbs said:
    I still hate your yard. 
    Liar. Nobody hates my yard. It's disney world, mixed with sea world with a bit of botanical garden mixed in. When you pull in doves are released and a gaggle of geese show up to guide you to your parking place.
    You bought Never never Land?
    Pshhh. Neverland Ranch has nothing on Lickskillet Landing!

Ok.... so maybe a FEW things.
    Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart
    XL / Small Green Eggs
  • That looks more like cheese and Mac.  Looks over the top!
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • DredgerDredger Posts: 1,453
    That....looks....so....good.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 3,785
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• That looks great!  That mac-n-cheese is money.
    North Pittsburgh, PA
    1 LGE
  • Ladeback69Ladeback69 Posts: 4,427
    Looks great.  I haven't used my egg for a few weeks but its going to be in the 60's this week, so I need to cook something over the weekend.  Guess I messed that you have a another larger smoker, but if it is on a trailer, that is sometimes to much work to fire up for a couple pork chops or steaks.  I would like a big stand alone smoker, but it is not needed yet, maybe if I start competing on my own I may get something, but for now just the Egg and WSM.

Oh, I am envious of your back yard as well, but mine isn't to bad.  Doesn't look like this right now, but spring is on its way.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Jeepster47Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    edited February 2016
    Yep, I was in awe with the picture.  And, was starting to dream with your description - love the sound of doves - but, then you proceeded to kill the dream.  On one of those first six days, God created the most perfect sh*t producing machine and He called it geese.

Pssst ... the chops look great ...

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

Yep, I was in awe with the picture.  And, was starting to dream with your description - love the sound of doves - but, then you proceeded to kill the dream.  On one of those first six days, God created the most perfect sh*t producing machine and He called it geese.

Pssst ... the chops look great ...
    I always loved the idea of having geese on our property... till I went to a campground that had a bunch of geese... 2" turds everywhere! Looks like a stampede of cats came through the park and dropped green doodoo everywhere.
    Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart
    XL / Small Green Eggs
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,651
    ...except cats bury their turds.

• Thats a fine looking plate.. Chops look awesome.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 8,200
    I am fully expecting to see you post one chicken leg or one pork chop on that yellow submarine at some point.

Until then, fantastic looking cook despite the unclean smoke generator you used.
    Austin, TX
  • mgd_eggmgd_egg Posts: 476
    Fantastic looking chops and mac n' cheese!

Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois