Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My trailer smoker has started being built!

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    edited January 2016
    GATABITES said:
    @Thatgrimguy
    looks great. Did you did you come up with name for the trailer yet? 
    Our team name is Guild's Grocery..  So I named the smoker "Grocery Cart"  

And it can hold a grocery cart full of meat no problem!!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    GATABITES said:
    @Thatgrimguy

Cool name buddy. But my money was unit #1 for a name ;) 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Really jealous of your smoker looks like you did it right. The one I want is like yours minus the extras and the patio version. The squared off cooking chamber is nice compared to the round one. I am gonna break down and get this one in the next year or 2. I've had this photo on my phone for at least a year kinda sad.
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited January 2016
    SGH said:
    GATABITES said:
    @Thatgrimguy

Cool name buddy. But my money was unit #1 for a name ;) 
    Well.. wouldn't be Unit #4?  Or do we not count the ones without wheels?

1 xl
    2 small
    3 UDS
    4 Shirley super pit
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    Lit said:
    Really jealous of your smoker looks like you did it right. The one I want is like yours minus the extras and the patio version. The squared off cooking chamber is nice compared to the round one. I am gonna break down and get this one in the next year or 2. I've had this photo on my phone for at least a year kinda sad.
    That's what I should have bought only on a trailer.   But my over-the-top personality took over. A unit like that is surprisingly affordable.  (shipping is the hard part)
  • SGH
    Thatgrimguy said:
      But my over-the-top personality took over. 
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ happens to me with just about everything that I do. You don't ever grow out of it. It's like a curse =)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Lit said:
    I like that!

If I got one like that tho I would have to have it painted to look like this (or at least paint Thomas's face on the front):

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Thatgrimguy
    edited January 2016

It's getting bigger!!!

I decided to go with a deep cycle marine battery and a 4 stage charger mounted on the trailer and run 12v rope lights, 12v water pump (which has an automatic pressure switch that cuts off when the faucet is turned off) and a 3 outlet cigarette lighter port so I can charge my cell phone or run a small inverter to power a stoker for temp monitoring.  I'll rig 3 switches. One for the lights on the bottom of the trailer frame. One for the task lights. And one for the water pump.  

Plumbing should be a bit easier. I want an inlet for a hose, I have the pump for the 55g tank. And I just need to get it all to work right with the tankless heater.

I'm pretty sure I can do all this myself. (I want to get it done before Feb 9, so I'll have about 3-4 days to figure it out. And I'm off 3 of those days.

(I wrote all this on what are you doing now. then Tyler texted me a pic so I figured I'd update this thread)
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Wow...single axle. This might be interesting. Love the build but just not sure about the single axle is all.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Don't forget the mount for the flat screen tv and a built in kegorator.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Thatgrimguy
    edited January 2016
    Wow...single axle. This might be interesting. Love the build but just not sure about the single axle is all.
    IF there are any issues I can go back and add a 2nd. But I'm well under the weight rating of that axle.  This is still just a 6x12 trailer. I've never seen a trailer that small with a dual axle. 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Don't forget the mount for the flat screen tv and a built in kegorator.  
    There is a mount at the front of the smoker we are calling an "accessory mount". Could hold an umbrella or flag pole or tv attached to a pole. Or lights. Maybe a solar panel. I don't know. What ever .
  • Did I miss it? Was yesterday the big day?
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited February 2016
    Did I miss it? Was yesterday the big day?
      He's already rushing getting the build done for me so I can cook a charity event on Feb 9 (when I put my deposit I was told mid March.) Last week Tyler Shirley asked if it would put me in a bind to wait a few more days. I told him it was no issue and am now going to pick the trailer up Thursday morning.  I'd rather him take the extra time to make sure everything is right than rushing to get it done on a timeline.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    HeavyG said:
    @HeavyG    Were you in the George Carlin or Ringo Star voice over camp?

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Gotcha. Looking forward to it. Although I'm sure my enthusiasm pales in comparison to yours!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Thatgrimguy
    Gotcha. Looking forward to it. Although I'm sure my enthusiasm pales in comparison to yours!
    The anticipation is KILLING me.  It was bad last week. But this week is TERRIBLE.  I'm getting texts from Tyler as he tackles each part of the project so I know he is all over it! I think I would just park my RV in front of his house and wait the rest of the week if it wouldn't be so weird.
  • SGH
    DMW said:
    Stripper pole?
    I want to be the first one to dance and swing on it. Butt naked of course =)

Status- Standing by.

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    SGH said:
    DMW said:
    Stripper pole?
    That just made my mind up about Butt Blast. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    SGH said:
    DMW said:
    Stripper pole?
    So...in the style of Dixie then. 
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SGH said:
    DMW said:
    Stripper pole?
    Damn, I had great visions of this cooker. Now, I throw up a little in my mouth when I think of it. 
  • SGH
    SGH said:
    DMW said:
    Stripper pole?
    Damn, I had great visions of this cooker. Now, I throw up a little in my mouth when I think of it. 
    That almost hurt brother yolk ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Thatgrimguy
    I'm in Tuscaloosa!! Picking her up tomorrow!
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    It's gonna be nice. I'm excited for ya. Im sure your pumped. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Like a child on Christmas Eve.......looking forward to the unveiling. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SGH
    I'm in Tuscaloosa!! Picking her up tomorrow!
    That's awesome man. 

Status- Standing by.

• McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    I feel as if we need pics ....  =)
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    bgebrent said:
    Amped for you brother grim!!  Why the avatar change?  Threw me off.
    Finally got my Competition BBQ logo finished!

What do you think?

I love the logo!  Also like seeing your old avatar back brother!  Really anxious to see this beast you've built in action at the NC butt blast.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Eagerly awaiting pics of this beast. What time are you taking delivery?
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset