Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Motorcycle riders

Options

Comments

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    Lit said:
    I think it's the douche bag bikers that rouine it for the rest of them. My ride home from work hits parking lot traffic every day and the same **** head cruises right down the line between cars every day. I dream of pinning him between the car next to me.

If this '**** head' didn't lane split, would traffic move any faster?

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    bigguy136 said:
    Lit said:
    I think it's the douche bag bikers that rouine it for the rest of them. My ride home from work hits parking lot traffic every day and the same **** head cruises right down the line between cars every day. I dream of pinning him between the car next to me.

The reason bikers split lanes ( which is legal in most states) most bikes are air cooled, which means they have to have air flowing through the engine to keep them cooled. If they had to stop in heavy traffic the bikes would overheat. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    jabam said:
    bigguy136 said:
    Lit said:

The reason bikers split lanes ( which is legal in most states) most bikes are air cooled, which means they have to have air flowing through the engine to keep them cooled. If they had to stop in heavy traffic the bikes would overheat. 
    And when traffic is stopped and a loud ass noise passes you out of nowhere it freaks people out and causes accidents. If your POS can't idle don't drive it when you know there will be traffic. I will pin this guy one day.
  • jabam
    Options
    People like you is why there is so much ignorance on the road. You are willing to hurt someone because their bike is loud? Give me a break! I'm sure there are many things you do in your life that don't sit well with others. Chill out and have a beer and let us ride!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • TheManBehindTheMask
    Options
    i have a old panhead
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    bigguy136 said:
    Not the responses I was expecting. My last Yamaha FJ1200 had 182,000 miles on it and now my new FJR1300 has 50,000 miles on it. I ride everywhere and talk to a lot of bikers. I can count on one hand the number of bad ones.
    Sounds like the 1%ers. 99% good. Bikers equal good people in general. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    It's popcorn time. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    It's popcorn time. 
    I'm pulling up a chair =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    I ride. Have three street bikes. Who want s to get their ass kicked first? Lol
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • SGH
    Options
    Who want s to get their ass kicked first?
    Not me brother. I'm to old and wore out. But we can cook a brisket if you like.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Hahahahahahaha 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    Lit said:

Nice wheels.  Very cute!
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • SGH
    Options
    Hahahahahahaha 
    I meant that in a kind way. As to cook a brisket and sit around shooting the bull. 

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You wouldn't catch me dead on one of those death machines....
    Options
    It's only a death machine if you disrespect the rules of the road. Most of us respect the rules and ride with safety in mind. Trust me the last thing we want is to die on our bikes! 
  • Lit
    Options
    jabam said:
    People like you is why there is so much ignorance on the road. You are willing to hurt someone because their bike is loud? Give me a break! I'm sure there are many things you do in your life that don't sit well with others. Chill out and have a beer and let us ride!
    I am willing to hurt someone because they are willing to hurt me. The first time the guy passed me it freaked me out I can't imagine what a 70 yr old thinks. I am 36 and sitting in traffic and a loud ass noise is 2' from me. I want an ATC to cruise around on I grew up with motor cycles and 3 wheelers but it's stupid entitled fucks like you that Rhine it for everyone. You are the dickhead we are referring to here. 
  • SGH
    Options
    ...well you might catch me dead.  Because I ride.  Just bought this today.pm  3.3k miles.
    Fine looking machine for sure. Be safe and enjoy it.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I drive my car aggresively.  I'm a pusssy cat on bikes.  And my truck.  Me live long time to troll.
    Options
    jabam said:
    Davec433 said:
    Bikers are the worst trash on the road. They cry non stop about "share the road" but never do themselves. Bikers are the most inconsiderate and unsafe drivers in America.
    Yep.  I swear half of them don't wear a helmet because there's nothing to protect.
    It depends if your talking about patched "MC" vs a club where they get together to ride. My last job had a big issue with MC gangs and they are trash. Selling steroids in the parking lot and stealing to pay dues. But the other segment are just normal people who like to ride. My wife has a Harley I took the classes and was on the verge of buying a bike just couldn't justify the amount of money for something I'd ride in good weather only. But you need to keep an eye out and share the road I've lost some good friends to people texting and merging or just not paying attention. Not something you want to live with.
    Don't judge based on the MC's I have had a Harley for 10 years, I ride with some buddies, not a club and we are very considerate of other drivers.  We enjoy the experience, and the open road. You have drug dealers in every walk of life. Let us ride in peace. 
    It's not the average rider I complain about. It's the patched MC that pay dues to the Hells Angles. You've got to pay those dues and everything your going to do is going to be illegal.
  • jabam
    Options
    ...well you might catch me dead.  Because I ride.  Just bought this today.pm  3.3k miles.
    Sweet!!
  • SGH
    Options
    I'm a pusssy 
    And a hippy ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Harleys are okay... but I prefer to be able to get away from the rabble...

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • Lit
    Options
    jabam said:
    It's only a death machine if you disrespect the rules of the road. Most of us respect the rules and ride with safety in mind. Trust me the last thing we want is to die on our bikes! 
    Dude you just defended driving down the center lanes and now you respect the rules? You are waiting to die if that how you think. 
  • jabam
    Options
    Lit said:
    jabam said:
    I am willing to hurt someone because they are willing to hurt me. The first time the guy passed me it freaked me out I can't imagine what a 70 yr old thinks. I am 36 and sitting in traffic and a loud ass noise is 2' from me. I want an ATC to cruise around on I grew up with motor cycles and 3 wheelers but it's stupid entitled fucks like you that Rhine it for everyone. You are the dickhead we are referring to here. 
    If you you are 36 sitting in traffic and a loud ass noise scares you, maybe you shouldn't be driving. Go home and cry to mama I do t want hear it!! Let me ride!!
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    This is getting good - nice change from lump debates.

Was going to bed, but I think I'll pour another beverage...

@nolaegghead  killer bike.  Love the BMW's.  
    Phoenix 
  • Lit
    Options
    Shits not supposed to pass me when I am sitting in traffic. I just got off a 9 hour day of **** zoning out I need regularity I don't need some entitled **** thinking just cause his piece of **** is going to overheat that he can do whatever he wants. I am gonna pin this douche bag just because you are stupid as ****. I wish I could run your stupid ass over. Remember this is coming from someone who grew up riding and wants to continue. You are the person people here are talking about you are why people hate bikers. You.
  • jabam
    Options
    Ya I'm switching from beer to vodka! Can't wait to see what @Lit has to say
  • Lit
    Options
    jabam said:
    Ya I'm switching from beer to vodka! Can't wait to see what @Lit has to say
    I don't care what you are drinking. Just remember all the people that hate bikers in this posts it's because bikers like you. You are an entitled ass. You think you deserve to drive past everyone because your POS bike can't idle? I hope you aren't serious? Your joking right?