Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lambsicles

Options
Legume
Legume Posts: 14,624
rack of lamb tonight, marinated for ~8 hours in Allegro with some added chopped garlic, onion and evoo.

reverse seared these to 130 then let them rest. they didn't last long.  not sure how I feel about Allegro, wI'll have to try on some other meats but it sure permeated the meat well.

Comments

• byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Looks like you nailed it! Was it the regular allegro or hot and spicy?
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    regular allegro, I didn't think spicy with the lamb would be good
  • Grambler
    Grambler Posts: 153
    Options
    Wow! Looks awesome. I was just tooting my own horn about my leg of lamb I cooked tonight, but now I want yours!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Yeah buddy!! You cooked that just how I like it, nice and bloody. Fantastic looking grub and beautiful pics as well. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Oh man! You nailed that one bro. Done perfectly. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    "Allegro" literally means "brisk tempo".  If you marinate with it, it doesn't take long.  I would say an hour, then remove from marinade, then let it sit for 8 hours for the salt to equalize.  I learned not to go that long with allegro with small pieces of meat.  if you had a whole shoulder, prolly ok.
    Options
    Thanks guys.

@Grambler thanks, your lamb actually looks fantastic.  You should try cooking a rack cut into chops, easy cook.

@nolaegghead yep, might have over marinated, I see on the bottle it calls for shorter time - like 3 hours. I should've put more thought into it, but was in a hurry between calls and just grabbed it out of the pantry because I've been wanting to try it.  I'm not sure I would even try soy with lamb, seems like a weird combo in retrospect, but family liked it.  I'll go back to the allegro and try again for skirt or flank steak maybe.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Those are cooked to perfection!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options

Great job!

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Looks spot on perfect...Very nice!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Perfect!!  Great looking lamb!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Those look PERFECT -- wonderful!  I want them!